Nikon D7000 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
KelliH
Nikon D7000

Here's a few shots taken with my D7000. Lens is Nikon NIKKOR 60mm macro, flash is Nikon SB-400, geckos posed on white cardstock.

Criticism and suggestions welcome!
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Nickrows
Those are some good shots. Would you mind sharing your EXIF data?

Old 11-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
WebSlave
Actually, those turned out really well. Using a white or black background makes it tough, sometimes, to get a good exposure on the subject, but that worked out really nicely in these shots.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Here's a few shots taken with my D7000. Lens is Nikon NIKKOR 60mm macro, flash is Nikon SB-400, geckos posed on white cardstock.

Criticism and suggestions welcome!
When I first read this line, my brain somehow interpreted it to say "geckos pasted on white cardstock"...

Well, I guess that's one way to keep them in the camera frame.

Sorry, no hints for making those better...they're gorgeous pictures!! Excellent work with the invisible paste!

Old 11-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
deborahbroadus
I wondered how the last two animals would look on a black background, they seem a bit washed out with the white...ummm.. but on the whole the current frame is visually pleasing.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
SirenSanJose
Those are some smoking leos!

I'd love to know "how" you're shooting, auto or manual, and if manual, what the settings for these shots were.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickrows View Post
Those are some good shots. Would you mind sharing your EXIF data?
Thanks. I think when I save the photos in Photoshop it erases the Exif data. I shoot in the Aperture-Priority mode. My ISO was set at 1000; white balance was set on Auto-2. The next set I shoot I will leave the exif data and post them in this forum.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Actually, those turned out really well. Using a white or black background makes it tough, sometimes, to get a good exposure on the subject, but that worked out really nicely in these shots.
Thanks. I have found that bouncing the flash off the ceiling and using a higher ISO setting makes a difference, with my camera at least. Sometimes I still have to brighten the exposure in Photoshop but for the most part the images come out like I want them to.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I wondered how the last two animals would look on a black background, they seem a bit washed out with the white...ummm.. but on the whole the current frame is visually pleasing.
Yes, I haven't quite gotten the exposure thing figured out yet. I think that's the hardest thing for me, getting the image to have perfect exposure. Any suggestions anyone?

Old 11-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
KelliH
Here's some really close up eye shots I took awhile back. I love photographing my geckos. None of my leo breeder close friends enjoy this; they always bitch about having to take pictures for their websites and available pages. I have leopard gecko photo sessions all the time, just because it's fun.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!