Mike Shoemaker, Rebel Dragons -- Great Guy!! - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:45 PM   #121
dragonflyreptiles
At this point I just don't know about anything, I find it hard to believe that anyone would say they or others were eating dog food, not that I doubt Chuck, he is the 1 to that 1.9 I used to have (private joke, again sorry).

But maybe things were misunderstood, I just cannot fatham someone saying such things about themselves or their family.

And thanks Nick for correcting that post since Mike has no children.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:01 AM   #122
Cat_72
I'd still like to know if he was actually freezing his baby dragons.....

Even if it he wasn't, the fact that someone would even make up a story like that really makes me rather ILL.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:18 AM   #123
coyote
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
that was off topic and not needed here on the BOI!!!
It is a JOKE made in reference to your poetry about the masked man.

But your right. It is off topic.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:25 AM   #124
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
The BOI is still no place for such discussion of a personal situation. Fraud however, certainly. We did not need to know anything of the personal situation to accuse such fraud and research it. Its needless background, and yes.... un-needed drama.
This seems to be the general consensus...I, however, disagree.

Yes, there were many things of a personal nature disclosed...I feel Tere and Paul disclosed a great deal about themselves as well in the course of their side of the story. That does not make it "right" (maybe "just" is a better term). However, in his own partial admittance, Mike has more or less been PREYING on members of THIS online community...to the tune of several thousand dollars...in cash, animals, and services (groceries, rent, utilities, clothes, etc.). Intentionally gaining GREAT amounts of confidence, and using that trust and friendship for everything he can bilk out of it before the well runs dry and he preys on another kind soul. I can understand why it was difficult for both Paul and Tere, and their families to make the decision to bring all of this to a public arena, but I for one am glad they did.
Sure he scammed some online auctions...if that was all the info...cut and dry...it would make a smudge on Mike's highly esteemed persona...but nothing more...allowing him a chance to con (he is a CON MAN...reformed or otherwise) more people...his FRIENDS...all the people that stick up for him.

There are people sticking up for him now...just think about how far Tere and Paul and their families went for this "friend"... much farther than typing some comments about "We're with you, buddy!"...and look at how it has been repayed.

I for one am relieved that the whole thing was Faunadramatized (I get the trademark for THAT one...LOL)...I have a soft spot for people who are having a rough go of things...I could have been next...or any one of you...

I tell you...if I had someone come in and disrupt and essentially STEAL from MY family like he did theirs...I would not have been one TENTH as understanding and compromising as they were...

That person would be lucky to breathe through a tube.

Old 12-24-2005, 07:51 PM   #125
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I would like to know as well, since he is now buying again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
A perfect transaction all around I'll be placing another order soon!!!

Thanks Matt

If he has money to blow with Matt, How come he has not paid back the money he borrowed from Paul?

What The heck is this? You have to be kidding me.
You admitted to doing wrong and yet you have the gull to mark them as bad guys.

Paul Sage
Good Guy
Alias47, bleedthefreak, Chris@TSE, critical bill, dragonflyreptiles, Golden Gate Geckos, Jan Orcutt, Jeremy Letkey, Jim O, Jodi L Aherns, Manhattan Herps, MGReptiles, RAWDOG, Saladragon, shrap, South Dixie Dragons 16 94.12%

Bad Guy
Rebel Dragons 1 5.88%

John and Tere Salazar (Saladragon)
Good Guy
beardiecrazy, Dennis Hultman, dragonflyreptiles, Jim O, PaulSage, RAWDOG, South Dixie Dragons, Wilomn 8 88.89%

Bad Guy
Rebel Dragons 1 11.11%

Mike, regardless of anything else, both of these people took you into their homes. Both of them had issues with you in their homes and this is how you pay them back. These individuals gave you shelter, food, and money. What you have done by marking them as "bad guys" proves without a doubt you are person of low ethics to do business with and should be approached with extreme caution.

Old 12-24-2005, 08:23 PM   #126
Tere Salazar
Freezing Babies

I have also heard the story of freezing the babies. With all the lies he's told, who knows if the story is true or not.

Dennis, thank you for bringing this to the BOI. This is just another way Mike is trying to ruin Paul and I. You'd think he'd be happy with the fact that I can't sell a dragon to the public to save my soul...but no, he'd rather just throw some dirt on the grave. Absolutely sickening. All I did was try to help him.

Old 12-24-2005, 08:36 PM   #127
dragonflyreptiles
Tere, I thought you were doing well on sales, sorry to hear that, I watched your for sale page for a while to see if you dropped prices because my faither in law wants a dragon and they all sold out.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #128
critical bill
Quote:
When I spoke with Mike on the phone he told me that he had to freeze a clutch of dragons because of his poor financial status. He stated that he decided to do this when he noticed that the first few baby dragons started to die off due to starvation. He said it was more humane to freeze them than to watch them starve to death.

I dont honestly know why he told me all that. In light of what I've read in this thread I dont even know if it what he said was even all true. Maybe I was a target for some sympathy scam. Who knows? I really cant say if he was actually freezing his dragons or not, but I can tell you that he did indeed tell me that he had to and he did. Why anyone would admitt to something like that without actually having done such a thing is beyond me, but then again people do admitt to serious crimes they havent actually comitted.

Also I should mention that I had a phone conversation with Paul Sage regarding this thread, and I told Paul about the dragon freezing incident with Mike. Paul then mentioned another time that Mike did this with a dragon while he was staying with him. This doesnt seem to be an isolated incident to me with another person confirming that he's done this.

Quote:
Even if it he wasn't, the fact that someone would even make up a story like that really makes me rather ILL.
I'm sorry to cause you nausea, truly I am, but thats exactly what Mike told me on the phone. I felt the same way as you and I offered Mike the ability to off load any other beardies he had on me should he run into this situation again. I assure you that what I stated I heard is 100% true and nothing added. I would never make up such a story.

The reason I came forward with this information was mainly because not more than a week after Mike and I talked...he PMed me with a 20 lot of bearded dragons for around $250. Not a bad price considering he had some nice breeders and I could easily move the babies into some good homes. But I just couldn't get past the fact that he recently had to destroy some and now he had another clutch lined up right behind them. I just couldn't do it in good conscience. If I didn't buy them would he freeze that clutch? I asked myself that question a few times. I don't need to wonder about crap like that when I'm making a purchase and have something that heavy weighing into my decisions.

Hey I gotta run....the wife is putting the rum nog away and its good....real good.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #129
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Also I should mention that I had a phone conversation with Paul Sage regarding this thread, and I told Paul about the dragon freezing incident with Mike. Paul then mentioned another time that Mike did this with a dragon while he was staying with him. This doesnt seem to be an isolated incident to me with another person confirming that he's done this.
This is true. Two dragons died in the short time Mike was here. One was supposedly "crushed under a rock" while I wasn't around, and the other was put in the freezer by Mike, also while I wasn't around.

The one that was put in the freezer had not been doing well for a few days, and I gave a syringe and dewormer to him for the dragon. He had told me that he suspected they had parasites. Mike froze the dragon after administering the dewormer once or twice (I don't remember for sure, I just remember being shocked that he gave up so quickly.)

Old 12-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #130
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
The reason I came forward with this information was mainly because not more than a week after Mike and I talked...he PMed me with a 20 lot of bearded dragons for around $250. Not a bad price considering he had some nice breeders and I could easily move the babies into some good homes.
Thanks, Chuck. Most of the dragons that were on his "Breeders" page really belong to me! I appreciate the compliment.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!