Mike Shoemaker, Rebel Dragons -- Great Guy!! - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:48 PM   #131
dragonflyreptiles
I heard the original freezer story exactly as Chuck described it, the other I did not know about.

Old 12-25-2005, 12:51 AM   #132
connorrm
Sell one to me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon
I have also heard the story of freezing the babies. With all the lies he's told, who knows if the story is true or not.

Dennis, thank you for bringing this to the BOI. This is just another way Mike is trying to ruin Paul and I. You'd think he'd be happy with the fact that I can't sell a dragon to the public to save my soul...but no, he'd rather just throw some dirt on the grave. Absolutely sickening. All I did was try to help him.

You know what a good friend of mine is looking for a dragon what do you have laying around? Its just a pet I don't need a fancy blue flame purple dancing stardust german giant midget pagona.

Old 12-25-2005, 04:21 PM   #133
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
I assure you that what I stated I heard is 100% true and nothing added. I would never make up such a story.
Chuck, absolutely no reason to believe you would lie about anything. In my opinion your word is golden in comparison to anything Mike may say.

Lie #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Why? Because I did not bid on any of your auctions.
Confession
Quote:
To answer the question that some people are waiting on the edge of their seat for, Yes, I did make a name up on ReptiBid to mess with one Tere's auctions. .
Lie #2
Quote:
She is perhaps the best person I have ever met. And I showed her the worst person she has met. But nothing I can do to change that. I do however offer an apology for it and always will. Even if it falls on deaf ears.

I have learned a lot of hard painful lessons in the past few months, still learning them. Nothing I can do now but try to move on from all this. It is my short comings as a person that put me in this predicament. No one is more disappointed with me than I am.
Obviously he truly is not sorry and has not moved on to vote them as bad guys.

Lie#3
Fauna Fund Fraud

Also, he bid against himself under his alias here on Fauna after he was told he would win the auction.

Mike Bid $25.00 and was told by Matt that he could have the Auction. He then bid again under the name

SherryLee
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=68948

With that bid he deceived every member of Fauna and Rich by fraudulently bidding in a Fundraiser for Fauna.

Old 12-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #134
Rebel Dragons
Something needs to be said...... and being that this thread was brought up by another on Christmas, I might as well say it now. After the incidents of the past month it was suggested to me by a number of friends to go see a counselor. I did just that. One thing I have learned though all of it is, I need to stand up for myself in certain situations and I am making a stand now. I was publicly humiliated on this forum and much of what was said was lies. The temptation to let this thing die and move on was there but the lies that were told about me just don't sit well. This post will probably be a little hard to read as so much information needs to be said. I will do my best to have everything in order as to ease some confusion. I feel very petty mentioning much of what you are about to read but I just could not go on any further without defending myself against some of the BS wrote about me. So if you find yourself reading this and saying "OMG, how petty", don't worry I'm right there with ya. My previous post of being relieved was premature to say the least. At the time of those replies I was not thinking clearly. And everything wrote about me had not yet sunk in 100%. Rest assured I have read fully what was wrote and understand it completely.

Tere Salazar and I did become friends while she going through the Apollo fiasco and developed what I thought was a great friendship. So much so, that Cory and I, when Cory had found he lost his job in May of this year were left with 2 options. One was to continue living in Pa and temporarily struggle to keep our place or another option that was presented by Tere. To move in with her family temporarily in Arizona. Regrettably we chose the latter. Tere and I made many plans and discussed many things before the move. Such as employment options and transportation issues. Employment options were presented as being very bright and that was a plus. Transportation was also a plus. Tere said she could and would drive Cory and I anywhere we needed to go since she was a stay at home mom and John could be dropped off and picked up at work, giving her access to a vehicle to do just that. With 2 major concerns out of the way Cory and proceded to make plans to move to Tucson. Since we would be flying we decided to sell pretty much everything we owned. Car, furniture, electronics, the works. We did just that. Also discussed was the dragons. How we would team up and work together on the dragon hobby we both loved. When we had met I was down to one dragon being as I sold all of the others I had. Tere convinced me to stay in the hobby and even gave Cory and me 2 dragons,Calliope and Maia. That said I thought we were both looking forward to something great in Arizona. Before we left Pa I also bought 3 dragons from Vickie Dachiu. Paid for by check from my mothers bank account. Which Tere is full aware of even though she claims the ownership of said dragons were not mine.

Once we got to Arizona everything was great for about 2 days. That is when I found out that Tere had lied and I got to meet the REAL Tere Salazar. She had no intention of driving anywhere as she does not drive unless she absolutely has to and also the fact as she does not know Tucson very well (having never driven it) and did not know where some of the places we needed to go were. Thus making us rely on John who works Mon-Fri and sometimes Saturday 8-12hrs a day. Or on a bus system that we had no idea how to travel on, yet. This is also where I should mention Tere lives on an Air Force base. Davis Montham Air Force Base, Tucson, Az. Let's just say for now that security was an issue as Cory and I were not legally even allowed to be on the base (dragons are not legal either). That point aside we tried to make the best of what I found to be an iffy situation. Cory was fortunate enough to find a job close to the base and on a bus route. I on the otherhand was offered a position off a bus route and many miles from the base. Not an option because Tere would not drive unless she had to. She was the one who told me how far it was from the base (near the airport and according to mapquest 10+ miles away) and told me not to accept it as it would not work out transpotion wise. I turned down that assignment and was not offered anymore from the agency after that. Tere had suggested even before I stepped off the plane and again after Cory found employment of a possibility of her working as well. That with John and Cory both home before evening( or at least one of them) that she too could find a job and she knew just the place. Great news I thought, and we both applied immediately after it was mentioned. This afterall a position she had held and quit 2 times prior to me even moving to Arizona. We both got hired on the spot (part-time) and started working the next day. The job she said I walked out on. Indeed, I did quit, 2 days before I left the state. Her being fired due to my quiting is a bold faced lie. She had told me me that lie the day before I left. Shortly after leaving Arizona I called the commissary to arrange the mailing of my final checks. I spoke with both managers about how I felt Tere getting fired over me quiting was not a legit or possibly legal reason to fire her. I was told by both of them that she had in fact quit, and was not fired as she was claiming. It is true that I told a couple people that I had a job sooner than I did and that I did not live with Tere. Those lies were told at Tere's request simply due the fact that we were legally not allowed on the base and she did not want people to think that our two hobby/businesses were one and the same and that we were pulling a fast one on people.

As far as the bills go........ The services I supposedly demanded to have in order to move, were discussed and ordered before I even got on the plane. It was an issue that was approved by all involved and a "demand" was certainly never issued. I did however say that Cory and I would take care of the cable bill 100% since she said the upgrade WE ALL decided on was not in her budget. A service she later changed from cable to satellite. It is also true that Cory came up with $225.00 a week figure. I was told that $1,100.00 a month would cover all of the expenses and give Tere a fair amount as "rent" and it would also cover all the feeders. Being as since she lives on base and does not pay any rent, electric, water, trash or cooking gas bills. I thought $1,100 was decently fair. Grocery's were another issue. Tere after about 3 weeks of being there started complaining that the grocery bill was $1000.00+ a month for all of us and that Cory and I needed to help out more with grocery's. I wondered how that was possible. Cory and I averaged about $70.00 a week on grocery's back in Pa. Cory only eats once a day and has done that since the day I met him. And added to the fact that Tere shopped at the commissary where the prices are an average of 40% cheaper (on almost all items) than a regular grocery store I just couldn't see how that was possible. But after a few arguments it was conceded that Cory and I needed to help out more with the grocery bill. $1,100 + grocery's + ciggs + incidentals + bus pass + misc...... Needless to say, I saw Cory and I had got ourselves in a bad situation. On the flip side I couldn't help but think that Tere was making out pretty darn good. Cory, when I tried to discuss issues I had concerning this always told me "we came here to help them out and thats what we were going to do." That said, Tere and I had discussed her financial situation before I moved. She was very deep in credit card debt. And was in a cycle of paying all the bills but never gaining any ground. Thus the "we can help each other attitude" I thought all parties involved had at the time of my move. The financial issues within the house were horrible before I even got there and got worse once I arrived. Also the relationship issues that all couples have were very apparent as Tere on the 9th day of Cory and I having been there had a fight with her husband and was packing up her things and the kids and leaving him to go to Texas with her parents. That is when I seriously started to regret ever moving to Arizona.

During the first few weeks of my being there I worked with Tere's dragons on a very high level. I helped her map out a breeding plan and timeline, as well as getting a mouse breeding colony up and going. I purchased roaches as well, to add to her colony to help it out and get better established. Even while still in Pa I had walked her through the first "accidental" breed she created. I say accident due to the fact she bred the dragon too young and was told by the breeder not to breed him until a certain age. The same dragon she continued to breed even after being confronted by it's breeder over the the too young issue. I also ordered feeders for my dragons as well as hers being as mine would not eat everything ordered and I thought nothing of who's dragons were getting fed by who's order. Keep in mind that I only had 1 adult and 3 juvies when I first arrived. Of course not counting the 2 adults and juvie frilled dragon that she gave Cory and I. It was not until the 3rd week that I received the box of MY babies (12) that were hatched out by Vickie. Again I placed another order of feeders when they arrived. They went in 2 10 gallon tanks and remained in them until I moved out 4 weeks later. Meanie was in brumation 95% of the time while I was in Arizona and really could not be factored in on eating anything. Calliope went back to her old cage and Maia remained where she as she never left Tere's possesion. The 3 juvies I had, lived in one of Tere's cages with a couple of her juvies since the sizes were right to house them together. Tere makes it seem as if she spent hours daily, maintaining, cleaning up after and feeding my dragons. In reality it took less than 20 minutes. Her dragons with a head count approaching 30 was where all the time was spent. And never did I feed mine and not feed hers at the same time. I will admit however that I did not scoop poop as often as she did. But honestly I scooped more than my fair share of poop throughout my stay. Another time factor to consider is baths. I have never been one to bathe my dragons, but maybe once a month. Tere gives weekly baths and let me tell ya, it's time consuming.

Another hotbed issue was JnSDragons/B&HDragons basically Shannon and Jimmy from the platinum dragons thread that Tere assused of certain things, recanted, accused, recanted........And I was foolish enough to get mixed up in that and it caused nothing but trouble for me. After the information I had found about them I had decided that I was not going to have anything to do with them. Tere was on very friendly terms with them during the whole time. They were afterall nice enough to pay Mitch Triana (Platinum Dragons) a substantial amount of money to get Apollo back for Tere. To this day they have still not been reimbursed for that as far as I know. I saw that she talked trash on them once the phone was hung up and thought to myself, Yep, I know what kind of friend she is. BTW, This is a thread that when I found out they had a new name on ReptiBid http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hlight=Shannon and were selling animals there I responded to. It was brought to my attention by Paul Sage. The next morning when I informed Tere of what I had found out, I was screamed and yelled at and called "The King of Cut Throat". She then went on to say that Vickie was "The Queen of Cut Throat".(That comment made due to Tere's misinterpretation of "Be careful mixing 2 businesses together, as it always seems something happens and one person gets the shaft" that Vickie had said to me and I repeated to Tere not thinking it was major statement. No one was trying to steal anyones business but I certainly now know why she took it that way. A guilty conscience certainly makes you think in ways you normally wouldn't.) Needless to say I was totally shocked at Tere's attitude. I was told while being yelled at that it was indeed Tere who had created the new name for them on ReptiBid because since they were banned they could not. That Jimmy and Shannon had babies to sell and that needed to sell them as they could not afford to feed them and may even themselves wind up homeless. The quilt trip was layed on very thick and the fear of being kicked out was getting stronger. So much so, that I knew that I had a paycheck coming in about 4 days, so I told Tere that I would buy a 3 lot from them to help them out with the intent of reselling them at a later date. I also contacted a few people I knew about a "3 lot for $100.00 if they were interested". Thankfully no one was. I even contacted Chuck Kimmel about a 10 lot for $300.00 as I was told they had sooo many they needed to get rid of. You see Chuck, your assumption that I was trying to sell MY dragons was wrong. I was trying to help someone else out. I will address your post on my thread later on, Chuck. Tere said she was going to buy a 3 lot too. We both placed our bids and she continued to maintain the friendship and bad talk me to them over what I had done because I wanted to "Cut the Throats of the Competition". That is where I pretty much started to hibernate in my room as often as possible praying for freedom. The next day I was confronted rudely about how Tere was going to have cover my bid because I did not send them the money yet. I explained to her that I was going to give them $100.00 for the dragons out of my paycheck coming in 3 days. She continued on about how that wouldn't work because she said the money needed to go to her to pay the credit card bill that she went over the limit on while buying feeders or whatever it was. (Somehow I was responsible for that.) That is where you will find I called upon Paul Sage for a $100.00 loan. I did not originally disclose why I wanted it but I did tell him a lie when I talked to him on the phone. I was just too embarrassed to admit at that time that I had done business with the same people he had told me about. He proceded to send $500.00 to "help me out". I upon reading that he sent $500.00 I emailed him that I could not accept it and was going to refund the $400.00 I did not need. He wrote back saying don't worry about and that I could pay it back once I was more capable. I immediately sent $100.00 to Jimmy and Shannon. The next morning I told Tere that they were paid and she asked how. I told her I sold a dragon to Paul Sage because I didn't want her to freak on me again and a sold dragon seemed like a pretty safe bet. She did not know about the other $400.00 for quite a few more days. I had also worked out a deal with Vickie to get 10 babies from her to resell and make a few bucks on each. That deal combined with Paul's loan made me feel like a million bucks. I would be able to get Cory and I off the base. The next couple days were quite uneventful or so I thought. While I was at work the one night a meeting was held and it was decided that I was going to be asked to leave. The next day, Cory came into the room and told me that Tere and John thought it would be best if I made arrangements to leave. Of course it came as a shock but not a huge one. I asked what him and he said he has been asked to stay and he planned to do just that. That was the big shock that sent me reeling. I sat there numb for a good hour or so until I had to get up and move around. I ended up in the Kitchen talking to her husband John and after we talked I had a little hope that we could perhaps work something out. Fast forward about 3 days to the day after I got my check. Tere comes in to the room and asked if I had cashed it yet. I said no, I was just going to sign it over to you. She then told me that I should use it to buy a plane ticket and that I need to leave. Fast forward a lot of talking, avoidance and trivial BS to the day before Shannon and Jimmy's dragons are to arrive. That is when I informed Tere that I too was expecting a package of dragons from Vickie. I explained to her that I was going to resell them and that we had agreed that what we did with out hobby/businesses was our own business. She really didn't have much to say except that she wish she had known in advance and asked permission. To that I said, we agreed our business is our business and that I really didn't need her permission as they were only going to be here for a short time anyway and she wouldn't even really see them. I had order supplies for their shipping and also ordered feeders for them as well. I also was planning on housing them in the empty baby bins that were made in Cory and I's room. Nothing else was really said by either of us that day but I knew she was flippin mad and the off green color she developed from jealousy was a dead giveaway to her true feelings. The next morning.................We both acted very civil to each other and quite honestly I was having my first good day in quite a while. We were both excited about the pending deliveries and worked quite well together that morning getting things ready and basically being good friends. That is until the first box arrived. The dragons from Shannon and Jimmy were HORRIBLY ILL. It was painfull obvious that they were malnourished and had not been housed properly. Many had nips and bites and a few others had clubbed feet and could not walk. We had purchased only 6 from them but they sent 15 due to Tere wanting to help them out. She was going to house the others until they sold. 2 babies had to be euthanized that day because they were doing so badly, the others were fed, cleaned, fed, fed again and housed to the best of our ability in the baby bins in my room. Then the box I was getting arrived. Upon opening the box we found 12 beautiful, healthy babies. But we had a big problem. Since the babies from Shannon and Jimmy were in such bad condition we decided to keep them completely separate from that room and the baby bins. That is where as Tere stated earlier that we had to work some magic to get them in a house. We used the large tank that we were housing geckos in and another tank that had a male in it. The one remaining gecko was let go outside as that is where we origionally got it from and the male was moved to another cage. Also used was her juvie cage and we put a couple like sized dragons in that cage. Not a major thing to do but it worked out for a temp solution and we were decently happy with the results. However the shock from Shannon and Jimmy's babies conditions pissed us both off. We both felt taken advantage of because the conditions were never revealed or even hinted at and the possibility of contamination our stock existed since we really didn't know what was going on with them. We decided to write Shannon and Jimmy about ti and told them that we wanted refunds and that they either need to have the babies shipped back to them or we would ship them to where ever they needed on our dime. I know that we offered to help but the risk of losing dragons was too great. The BS that was created by all that was unreal but thankfully the babies were shipped out a couple days later. And that is the last I ever seen or heard from Shannon and Jimmy.

Now what makes this post relevant to BOI on her thread which it will be posted on.

Shortly after the babies from Vickie arrived I sold 1 to Jim O. He was told in a phone call that were bred by Vicki and he was looking to get a male and a female and asked me which ones I recommended. I told him that for males I had a couple really nice ones but for females I suggest that he get together with Vickie and get a nice one from her. The ones I had were nice but I thought that he would be better off getting something nicer from her directly. Now, if I was scamming people and doing all I could to get money would I have turned down a sale??? No, I would have sold him a mediocre female and pocketed the money. Also, as far as shipping I told him shipping FedEx overnight would be $15.00 Since the base had an account with Fed Ex and there was a large discount. It costs less than $10.00 (average about $9.50) for Tere to ship an overnight package anywhere in the lower 48 states. So I charged him $10.00 for shipping and $5.00 for supplies. The actual cost to ship. Now another point I would like to make is that the community center where you go to ship via Fed Ex puts no indication of actual cost on the boxes you ship. I could have charged Jim $50.00 + for shipping and since thats average cost for overnight he would have never known and I would have pocketed an extra $35.00 for doing nothing. More proof that I was not out to scam money out of everyone I encounter........ However, I know Tere has accepted that "extra" money made on shipping. Just take a look at her website."Shipping is a flat rate of $45.00. Shipping charge is calculated by the box, not the number of animals purchased. Please note that shipping charges are NON-REFUNDABLE" In her terms it clearly states a flat rate of $45.00. She makes an extra $30.00 on every box shipped. Ethical??? Morally correct??? Something that the "Beardie Mommy of the Year" would do??? You be the judge..... I do know one thing though. At the time I stayed with her she was not Fed Ex certified and had no intentions of being certified. If she was, she would have to disclose what she was shipping. It's not legal to have reptiles on the base to begin with and the base certainly wouldn't allow reptiles to be shipped off base using the bases account.

During that last week in Arizona, Paul had agreed to let me stay with him for a few weeks until I had enough to move on into my own place. I proceeded to tell Tere what was planned and we had a long talk about everything. It was at that point I reveled the extra money Paul had send and she said that things could be worked out if I wanted to stay. I was feeling pretty good about that and even told her I could give her money for the grocery bill that she was complaining about but if I did and she threw me out again next week I would be stuck. I explained to her her that I had to make plans and get help to leave and that if she didn't understand that, that I was sorry but I had to watch out for myself as well. She said she totally understood. The next day we went grocery shopping and I stopped at the ATM and withdrew $220.00 and gave it to her for the groceries. Not because she tricked me into it or had to convince me or ride me, but because I VOLUNTEERED to. She asked me to leave again the next day and I flew out 2 days later.

A few quick side notes...........

You did not witness me telling lies to my mother or asking her for money. Those things never happened and my mother will glady sign on and confirm that if you feel it necessary to continue lying about it. Also she can tell of the phone call you and her shared. You know the one where you told her how helpful I was, and what a great cook I was, or even how much you thanked her for raising such a nice, caring son. Your lies are starting to show through Tere.

I didn't turn your children into racist pigs as you implied. Race is not an issue for me and never will be. If I was indeed racist I certainly would have never moved into your home since a non Caucasian lived there. Lol, I mean honestly, Tere. I would think you had more class than to even mention something like that. But then again I was dead wrong in that thought.

Snack cakes?!?!?! OMG, what petty BS. Tell me Tere, what were the 3 boxes of snack cakes??? I can tell ya, because I have been buying the same 3 types for years. Cory eats the Cosmic Brownies as snacks and eats the Honey Buns as a form of breakfast ( If you can call one them breakfast). I always get myself a box of Nutty Bars. Yes, the Nutty Bars I have mentioned in other threads on fauna. I like them that much........... To insinuate that I stole them from your kids, OMG!!!! Your were truly going for the jugular on that one weren't ya. I was questioned by people on the snack cake issue more than any other thing you mentioned in BS post. Lmao...............stealing Little Debbie's.

And yes, I do use more dishes while cooking than the average person, I guess. I cooked all the time and you know it. I cooked dinners at least 3-4 nights a weeks. And occasionally cooked your kids lunches if you were busy, sleeping or John was running late. I cleaned the kitchen all the time, too. I know you were grasping at straws to make me seem like the devil but your choices make you seem quite unstable. Want me to bring you your pill again??? I know you occasional forget to take it.

Uhhhhhh, of yes, Laundry. Simple thing here. I wait until I have a full load before I wash my cloths. If you send you kids or come in yourself to take my hamper and wash a 1/2 load that has nothing to do with me refusing to wash it myself. Although it was appreciated it was not necessary.

Screwing with your auction was wrong I admit it and once again offer my apology for that but It sure did make me feel a bit better on a very bad day. Now people may understand why I did it. And besides that extra $35.00 you made on shipping should cover any inconvenience you may have occurred due to my actions.

The digital camera issue........... Cory had indeed bought the camera and we both used it. I still needed to use the camera and wanted to bring it with me. BTW Tere, Thanks for the idea of shipping it in the dragon box. Regardless, Cory has it back now. All is well on the digital camera front.

As far as your questions for me go, Tere. I think your actions answered most of them for you. I still don't quite understand what the hell I was thinking when I thought your friendship meant something to me after all this. Rest assured, I do NOT want anything to do with you, not now, not ever. At least now I have told my side and revealed you for your true self as well. I fully expect you to again lie your butt of over this post and I wish you the best of luck. Your the one that will have to sleep with yourself over the lies many of us know you will continue to tell............................ A bit of the pot calling the kettle black I would say.

Old 12-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #135
Rebel Dragons
Chuck,
You and I talked on the phone one time for about an hour. During that call I know we talked about a variety of things, although I can't remember every single topic. I do remember speaking about the couple issues you referred to and I want to clear a few things up. After my mothers heart attack in May 2004. Cory, my brother Danny and I moved to West Virginia on August 5th. We stayed with Cory's sister for about a month and then Danny and I moved out. Just prior to moving to West Virginia, I had just hatched out about 70 baby dragons and they were about 3 & 6 weeks old. Things were very tight in West Virginia. We ended up living in a tiny 8' X 28' single room trailer. I worked in a Deli for $5.55 an hour and Danny attended school. My paychecks covered the rent, electric, water, some groceries, gas and basic cable. We did not have a phone as I could not afford the deposit necessary to have one turned on. We also did not have a computer, unless we used Cory's sisters. While at Cory's sisters house I did use her computer to sell a few dragons. Once we left, that option really was not available since money was tight and to travel to her house was quite a distance. My sister's were at there fathers house in Florida and things were not working out because his new wife was dying. So I had the real possibility of them joining me in West Virginia. With that possibly looming I went to the welfare department. Because I had guardianship of Danny we were eligible for $131.00 a month in food stamps and he got free health care. More would be available if I ended up with my sisters. Anyway, they never had to move in with me but went into foster care back in Pa temporarily until my mother got out of the nursing home and got her own place in March, 2005. My stay in West Virginia was pure hell. I learned very quickly what it was like to be dirt poor. We could barely feed ourselves much less buy crickets for 50+ baby dragons. That is where I may have said we practically had to eat dog food. I never said we indeed did eat it. The local humane society would not accept reptiles. The 2 local petstores would not take them as one specialized in only fish and the other did not have the facilities available for more reptiles. They carried a few anoles, a couple small snakes and thats about it. Sadly, the dragons were starving to death. Danny did manage to give away several to people at his school and to teachers but we were still left with way too many. We could not even give them away........ I did not know very many people in the industry at that time and really had no way to contact them if I did. The choice was made to euthanize the remaining baby dragons. It was in my opinion more humane to put them down than to have them starve to death. Almost 2 years later it still eats at me everytime I think about it. It was not easy to do and the guilt I have over it will never go away. Chuck I am sorry if you felt I was telling you that, to try to scam you out of money as some people have implied. That was never my intention. I just told you what happen in late 2004 due to my mothers heart attack because we were discussing it. The ramifications of that were felt long and hard and it even effected the dragons. I in no way was trying to get money from you.
As far as the house geckos go. Tree and I were in fact catching geckos in Arizona and selling them online for a $1.00 a piece. You had expressed some interest in them and I know we talked about me sending you some. Just to let you know the reason they were never sent was because I finally realized when you pushed the point of giving me more than $1.00 a piece a couple times that maybe you thought I needed money. I didn't send any because I didn't want to take your money. Plain and simple, people. I was not out to scam anyone!!!!
As far as my sister dating black guys. No, I and my family did not like it much but we don't have a choice in the matter do we? I know for a fact I never used the "N" word in our conversation. It is not a word I use in my daily vocabulary. I never have and I never will. Am I guilty of telling some tasteless jokes with the "N" word in it? Yes, I am. Let me say though, that after all this, I certainly refrain from telling jokes of a racial or sexual nature to ANYONE. Lesson learned.

Old 12-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #136
Rebel Dragons
Dennis, the frilled dragon you purchased via the Hammock fund was a dragon that Tere had given Cory and I. Tere had him in a cage with 2 females and 2 other males. He was being picked on and she was planning on getting rid of him anyway. At the time Tere and I came to the conclusion that since Cory and I had no way to house him separate from the other males that we could sell him and use the money made to buy feeders. When the Hammock fund started he was in fact on reptibid up for auction. After reading of the tragedy, Tere and I decided to offer him for the Hammock Fund. I wrote the admin of ReptiBid and he immediately cancelled the auction. It didn't have a bid anyway. That is where you won him and both Tere and I were more than happy to offer him for such a great cause. And to be honest we were both thrilled it was you who won him. As anyone can see here http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=69753&page=1 both Tere and I worked together on this auction. It was not a case of me taking credit for Tere's animal. If Tere was the stand-up person she portrays herself to be she would have told the truth when it was implied I was taking credit for something that was not mine to accept credit for.

Also,
The other member name you just referred to was a bid made by my mother as she knew I wanted that and she said she would get it for me. It's not my fault that she never re-bid on it and I didn't notice that it ended when it did. Your assumption is WRONG.....

Old 12-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #137
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
The other member name you just referred to was a bid made by my mother as she knew I wanted that and she said she would get it for me. It's not my fault that she never re-bid on it and I didn't notice that it ended when it did. Your assumption is WRONG.....
Thanks for clearing that up. Just to make sure we are on the same page, you are saying you don't use that account at all?

Old 12-25-2005, 07:06 PM   #138
connorrm
::::::Gets up to get his boots::::::: I believe the fecal material is getting deep in this thread.

Old 12-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #139
dragonflyreptiles
I wondered when you would speak your side of this since you would never tell me much at all about what happened and I am glad to see the other side of the story.

Old 12-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #140
Tere Salazar
Just Like Your Old Self

I am going to try to rebut what I feel are points that everyone will take issue with. And no, Mike Shoemaker, I am not lying. Anyone who's EVER known me would be able to confirm that I've never been good at lying...and am not about to start now. Just like you've been doing, the majority of your post is taking things that really did happen and putting your own sick lies into them to make yourself look better. Although I am going to try to answer some of the relevant issues, I WILL NOT DISCUSS JIMMY AND SHANNON. Now, if anyone here feels that they need further answers to these issues, please feel free to contact me at obsessiondragons@msn.com. I will answer any questions put to me.

Okay, I'm starting with the second paragraph of Mike's post, where he discusses employment and transportation issues. I do believe the correct version of the employment opportunities here were described as "must be better than there" because Mike had just told me he tried applying at McDonald's and was turned down. And I remember talking about being overqualified for jobs and that being the reason to get turned down. I NEVER told you that you could sit at home and get a job. You actually have to pursue a job to get one. As for the transporation issue, no, I do not like to drive...never have. Mike full well knew that before arriving here. I said I could take them to interviews...God...give a person an inch and they expect a mile.

Yes, I live on base. But most people already know that. My animals were acquired after moving onto base. This is an issue being worked on. Security was never an issue living on base. John and I got you passes, and you know that...just like we have done for anyone else who wants to come visit. As for the position that Mike was offered clear across town...Mike is the one that didn't want the position because the pay was quite low, and I told him that he would have to ride the bus there, and a bus doesn't cover that part of town. I can't in good conscience take our one vehicle away from John who has numerous classes and appointments throughout the day to taxi someone all over town when they can very well get around using the bus but are too lazy to do so. I never told Mike not to take the position as I was tired of him sitting here all day posting on Fauna or telling lies from my home.

The woman that Mike spoke with at my job was the daystocker and has no knowledge of what takes place with the night stockers (my position). She is not, nor was she ever a manager...and she quit about a month ago. I spoke with all 3 managers, and all 3 of them claim to have never spoken to you...in particular...the one who fired me. And no, Mike, I NEVER said not to tell people you didn't live here. In fact, when you told me that you had told JimO that you didn't live here, I think you'll remember that my feelings were a little hurt. At that time, we were still on good terms.

As for the financials...yes, John and I have a hard time. We are in the process of working on that too. It's funny that you still have such a hard time with what was asked of you. Do you really think a grown man should be allowed to live somewhere for free when he's perfectly capable of making a living on his own? Come on, Mike...let's be realistic here. You were expecting my family and I to accept a lower standard of living to be able to support you, and it angered you that I asked you to contribute at all. Once again, give someone an inch and they'll take a mile. If you'll all remember, before Mike moving here, he was informed that I had a room...and that was ALL. I will NOT discuss the relationship between John and I.

Yes, I bred a dragon too young. Zeus, in fact. He was bred to Aphrodite and Angel on the same day by my husband who really didn't realize how young he was, and was set straight after I realized what had happened. Zeus' breeder is fully aware of what happened, and the accidental breedings haven't happened since. As for Meanie...he absolutely WAS NOT in brumation 95% of the time you were here. In fact, I seem to remember a Meanie that was eating much more than my dragons because you hadn't fed him properly. As for the time I spend on my dragons...anyone who knows me knows that I spend the better part of my morning feeding, cleaning and taking care of my dragons...and that's just the normal routine. I get up with my kids when my husband leaves for work at 6:30 and am usually still working on dragons when he comes home for lunch at 11:30.

Believe whatever you want to believe about the situation with Vickie Dachiu's dragons, Mike. To those of you reading, please tell me how many of you wouldn't have been angry to already have your dragons all cramped up 5-6 to a cage, and then be informed that another box of dragons will be arriving THAT day. Yes, Mike you needed permission. You may have stayed here, but it is still ME AND JOHN'S house. I didn't want Vickie's dragons here because you once again lied and told me that Vickie said I would try to steal business. PERIOD. Furthermore, that was more dragons for me to take care of and feed. I had a feeling that with as lazy as you had been with other issues, that you would also be lazy about selling the Dachiu babies. You proved me right on that issue.

And yes, it's posted on my website that I charge $45 flat rate for shipping. I haven't sold a dragon to the public in quite a while, Mike. Therefore, I haven't updated my website. I'm not going to apologize for being short on time for things as trivial as that. I also think that I charged $35 one time, and that was when I sold the Dachiu babies (larger box, more shipping). I felt that your suggestion to pocket the extra money was dishonest, so I didn't do it. The only babies that have been sold since then were wholesale and the shipping prepaid by the buyer. I would have to sell a baby to make the money, Mike...and you know good and well that hasn't been done.

A few quick side notes of my own...the discussion with your mother was within days of your arrival here...when you were still on good behavior.

As for "Chocolate" as he is now named, I offered him to you, that is correct. You said you didn't want him.

So, Mike...are you done now? Is this what you've been threatening me with? Good...now I can breathe freely. But I would suggest one thing...if you want to be left alone...LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!! Stop lying about my family and I. I wish to God I had never met you...and especially that I had never tried to help you. Lesson learned.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!