Field herpers in NE Arkansas - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #11
scaledverts
Wow, those are great shots. That is a really nice looking eastern. That hognose thinks it is a sea snake! I wonder what made it decide to go for a swim in salt water.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #12
foxyjax1212
I live in Paragould and would love to START field herping...do you have any tips?

Old 02-17-2011, 02:43 AM   #13
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyjax1212 View Post
I live in Paragould and would love to START field herping...do you have any tips?
There are some really nice state parks around there that have lots of trails. Go out on a sunny warm day (if it just rained a little the night before, even better) and hike around. Also, road cruising at night in the hills around there will usually produce some good finds (just make sure you are careful b/c the traffic is surprisingly kind of busy on most of the roads even at night).

Also, make sure you know the local venomous snakes. I have seen copperheads while road cruising.

Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!