New Member - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-29-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
Tortoise Tom

Hi all! I've been reading ads here for years, but never took the time to join. Well I'm here now. I've been keeping my own reptiles and inverts since the 70s, and I train animals for the film industry for a living. I also do falconry, protection dogs, and lots of other hobbies.

Currently I have breeding adult groups of sulcatas, South African leopards, and Burmese Stars, plus a whole lot of their babies that I'm trying to sell. I'm also heavily into tarantulas and building my collection up now.

I'm one of the pioneers who started the tortoise keeping revolution of raising babies of tropical species in monsoon conditions, the way they would hatch out in the wild, with high humidity and ample hydration. If you haven't tried it, the difference is astounding. You can see lots of threads demonstrating these techniques over at tortoiseforum.org.

Questions and conversation are welcome!
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2018, 09:54 PM   #2
Dyscophus antongilii
Hi and Welcome to Fauna,

I love all the pictures you posted. Please feel free to post more.

I might be interested in a Burmese Star. I am also interested in a Leopard too. How much are you asking for each species?

Thanks for finally joining us. We are very glad you are with all of us on Fauna.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:31 AM   #3
Tortoise Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscophus antongilii View Post
Hi and Welcome to Fauna,

I love all the pictures you posted. Please feel free to post more.

I might be interested in a Burmese Star. I am also interested in a Leopard too. How much are you asking for each species?

Thanks for finally joining us. We are very glad you are with all of us on Fauna.
Thank you for the welcome.

Normal price for the SA leopards is $300 each, but these last three all have aberrant scutes, so I'm letting them go for $200 each or $500 shipped for the trio.

I'm asking $900 each for the Burmese Stars. It seems the price is coming down on these though. I'm ready to bargain, and make volume discounts too.

I go to great lengths to start my babies right. I soak them daily and feed them a staggering array of different foods so that whatever their new owners feed them, they will eat it.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:24 AM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
Thank you, again, for joining us. I suspect you have a wealth of information on caring for Tortoises of various species.

Thank you, for all the information provided regarding the specimens you have for sale. I will keep that in mind.

PM me some references you have, that are not Facebook related. Depending on the references, I would probably be interested in SA leopards. Also, when you PM me, I will give you my zip code.

Thanks again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!