Weight Gain - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #1
thaneem
Weight Gain

Hello all,

I've a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. Here's the situation:
In early July I bought a 3 week old florida kingsnake at a reptile expo. His feeding schedule was one pinkie every 5 days.
On September 19th I bought a scale and weighed him in at 32 grams. At the time of the weigh in, he'd have been 3 months old.
My question is, does this seem right? The reason I'm asking is because while researching feeding schedules, I came across the Munson plan. I know that this was written for corn snakes. From what I can see, a 3 month old CORN snake is likely to weigh far less than 32 grams. But what about kingsnakes?

P.S.: after that weigh in, I've switched him to 2 pinkies every 5 days. He's had no problem with this so far, but I'm starting to wonder if I should just go ahead and move him to fuzzies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!