Emerald Tree Skinks - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
SkinksGalore77
Emerald Tree Skinks

Just thought I would share some pictures of my emerald tree skink pair. I would be happy to answer questions about their captive care requirements
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Michael R
I would like any info you could give me on these.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
SkinksGalore77
I have had success feeding them a variety of food choices, I have fed them crickets, green banana roaches, turkistan roaches, porcelain roaches, lobster roaches, red-head roaches, a variety of isopods, bean beetles, mealworm beetles, mealworms, waxworms, waxworm moth's, mango, plum, papaya, red banana and occasionally they will accept a small amount of organic canned dog food. I have heard they will also eat some types of flowers and nectar. They are found in Taiwan, Phillipines, eastern Indonesia, New Guinea and Solomon Islands. I have them in an 18X18X36" reptibreeze, I use a 10.0 UVB bulb and a 75 watt daytime basking spot bulb. They are a very hardy skink and one of my favorite species of reptile. I give them plenty of cork bark and sticks and a good amount of plants to help them feel safe. They also need a water dish deep enough to submerge themselves into and I give them about 4 inches of organic soil as bedding because they enjoy burrowing sometimes. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Michael R
Thanks for the info. Have yours laid eggs yet? How far off off the main basking area are you keeping the basking bulb? What humidity level are you maintaining? I have two that are very young and they are in a Exo Terra 12x12x18 rainforest kit. I have a 5.0 UVB and a 50 watt basking light 10 inches off of the high point of the basking area. I'm feeding them Rapashy crested gecko meal replacement powder (What the store owner uses for the babies when they are born)and they are devouring it, and dusted very small crickets . Both are CB and came from a colony of seven.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
SkinksGalore77
No problem, the female has laid a few eggs but she hasnt laid any in the last couple of months. I would say probably about 6-8". I dont measure the humidity, I just spray them 5-6 times a week and when I spray them ill usually make sure to spray them quite a bit. What kind of cage are you using, is it glass or screen because I have notices they dont really like glass. They like to be able to climb all over the cage and it also enables them to get closer to the basking light to regulate their body temperature however they want. Sometimes mine will lay on the basking stick but sometimes they will climb up pretty close to the light using the screen. I've never tried feeding mine crested gecko diet but thats cool that it works. I would love to see some pics of them if you have any. How big are they right now, if he still has some I would be interested in getting a female.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
Michael R
Here they are!! Both approx 3 3/4 in long from tip to tip. I will keep you posted if the store ever decides to part with any females. there is a waiting list for the babies and the adults are NFS.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
SkinksGalore77
They are very cute, they look like they are in great shape too. Thank you, I would love to get another female from them. I would also be willing to trade a breeding pair of black tree skinks for them if they are interested in those.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
Michael R
Do you have any pic's of the black tree skinks?

Old 08-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
SkinksGalore77
Yea I have a few. Its harder to get good quality pics of them because they are camera shy. I am actually trying to sell them right now because I am expanding my emerald tree skink breeding project and I am trying to sell the cage too.
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #10
Monkey Tails Canada
Cool looking skinks love the bright greens!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!