Kickin out eggs, and takin names,... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-15-2005, 10:46 PM   #11
Eric East
I don't think I would mist the eggs. It's ok to mist the substrate, but keep the water off of the eggs.

Eric

Old 07-16-2005, 12:58 AM   #12
gila7150
Congrats Tony! I just saw this thread for the first time.
I've never incubated couperi eggs but the cribo eggs I've incubated were very hardy and didn't seem that sensitive to minor humidity fluctuations. I incubated mine on a shelf and I might have added a little water once during the entire incubation process. Couperi eggs might be different but I've never had a fertile cribo egg go bad during incubation and I don't obsess over them.

By the way, your eggs look fertile to me in the pic. I posted photos of my melanurus eggs last year and people thought they looked infertile. I think Dry eggs tend to look yellow and shiny in pics for some reason (I think it was the flash in my case).

I wish I lived in a state that allowed me to buy one of your babies. Being able to see them in the wild is a pretty good consolation prize though.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2005, 03:25 PM   #13
thesnakeman
Wink Houston, we have first pip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went in to check on the eggs today, and sometime within the last 24 hours, on day 100, the first baby pipped! I thought I was an emotional wreck before. Now I'm REALLY going nuts!!! So say your prayers, cross your fingers and toes, rub that buhda, and hopefully they will all emerge safe and healthy, very soon.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2005, 05:49 PM   #14
Eric East
That's awesome dude, congrats!!!

Hopefully they will ALL hatch out healthy & a few of the people on the list ahead of me will back out.

Eric

Old 08-17-2005, 07:27 PM   #15
gila7150
Awesome! Congrats Tony! You gotta love it when even the moldy ones hatch
I can't wait to see pics when they're out. Days like this make me wish I wasn't a Floridian so I could keep a few of those guys.
Congrats again on being one of the few to have success with couperi this year.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:19 AM   #16
Ecarinata
Outstanding! Congrats Tony. Keep the pictures coming.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:05 PM   #17
thesnakeman
Thanks guys! I can't wait to hold the lil fellers, and see what they all look like. I'll post more pics as they emerge.
T.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:47 PM   #18
thesnakeman
Wink Here's #1

This is the first one out. I guess you could call it "balck phase". He or she was out and about this morning. So I snapped a couple pics, and transfered into it's individual tub. I'm on cloud 9. I hope the feeling never fades!
T.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2005, 12:02 PM   #19
Eric East
I love the iridescence on that snake! Let's see the rest of them.

Eric

Old 08-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #20
thesnakeman
Number two is out, but was very squirmy, so I didn't take a pic. Looking very nice, with no white, and an incredible blue glow.

But I have some bad news,...One which pipped yesterday, died in the egg for some reason. I think it just couldn't get out. There were scratch marks all over the inside of the egg, but the whole he had made at the top, had sealed itself up again. And compared to the other two, his belly had not absorbed any yoke. I guess he was just out of energy. If I'd known, I'd have run through a hail storm of bullets to save him. What a precarious buisness this is! I'm bummed about it, but not overwhelmed. I still have some degree of success. And I am thrilled for every one!!!

There are currently three more pipping at this time. Say your prayers, cross your fingers and toes, and rub that Buhda! PLEASE!!!
T.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!