Indigo, and Drymarchon T-SHIRTS! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-16-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
thesnakeman
Talking Indigo, and Drymarchon T-SHIRTS!

Hey All,
I wanted to tell you all about an idea I have for my next art project,...T-shirts!!! I'm going to draw up a design for a new indigo shirt. Available in only one color,...indigo. I have enough pics, and live subjects now that I won't need any additional reference material. But,.....

Then I'm Going to do a drymarchon family shirt,...you know, like the ones you see at all the herp shows now, only for drymarchon. It's one they have not yet done, but needs to be done. So since nobody else seems to want the job, I guess I'll step up to the plate on that one. This one should prove interesting since photographic reference material on some of the other members of the drymarchon subspecies will be difficult if not impossible to acquire. With something like that, you can bet it will suffer close scrutiny from the die hard dry lovers. I will need to get scalation just right, so any help you could give up as far as drymarchon head shots, and full body pics, especially close-ups, I would greatly appreciate it! Those who donate pics to this cause will not be disappointed, and will receive a free t-shirt before anyone else. Also, I will put any potential profit into Indigos Forever/indigosforever.org. So anyone who helps out with pics will also be helping out on that front. I will also make the following personal guarantee; If I recieve, or I can find, enough GOOD pics of the other members of the drymarchon sub-species, I will make us some AW SOME T-shirts! And raise some money for a good cause.

So there it is folks. The offer is on the table. Also, any tips which put me in contact with other folks with pics will not be forgotten. Any help I can get on this one will ultimately come back as good karma for anyone involved.

Now lets see those pics! Thanks in advance,
T.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
thesnakeman
Well, I'm a couple steps closer to getting this done. I found someone to print them for me, and I have begun the preliminary sketch. You folks are gonna love this. I garonteee.
T.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
epidemic
Great news, Tony!

The Gopher Tortoise Council had an incredible drawing of an eastern Indigo on the T-shirt to commemorate their '04 meeting and they were awesome and I cannot wait to see what you produce Tony, as I have seen some of your art work and you are incredibly talented. Feel free to user any of the images in my gallery and I will be happy to forward you any that you might wish to have. Of course, I will have Cort take the pictures!
Should you be taking advance orders, let me know what to send you for such..

Thank you,

Jeff
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
keepergale
Talking

Yeaaah Count me in. I want to be the first on the block with one!

Old 06-30-2006, 11:05 AM   #5
t. larson
I'm in. I'd like to encourage this project. I think you'll be able to sell these well. Especially if you take a load of them to a reptile show like the one in Daytona :-)

Old 07-07-2006, 10:22 PM   #6
Eric East
Good idea Tony!

Old 07-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #7
t. larson
Quote:
Originally Posted by t. larson
I'm in. I'd like to encourage this project. I think you'll be able to sell these well. Especially if you take a load of them to a reptile show like the one in Daytona :-)
I THINK I meant Tampa LOL.

Or whereEVER the hell it's gonna be :-) Obviously I've always missed it. Would LIKE to go, but I'm on the opposite side of the country.

Maybe someday :-)

Get them T-shirts goin' :-)

Old 07-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #8
thesnakeman
Talking Hang on to your hats!

I am nearing completion of the final drawing for the indigo T-shirts. And I'm very pleased with the way it's turning out. Now cross your fingers and hope that it looks as good on a black shirt as it does on black paper. If so,...I think you guys will like it! I might even have some hats made for a select few individuals. Those of you who are follicularly challenged might like those.The final rendering will be complete within 24 hrs, unless something terrible happens. The weather is supposed to get wild and woolly tomorrow eve. Hopefully I'll be done before the schtuff hits the fan. The next step is to submit it to the printing company. And they will let me know if it will work. If so, it won't be long. If not,...back to the drawing board. Either way,...hang in there guys,...they're comming.
T.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
epidemic
Just like Christmas!

Can't wait to see the final product Tony! Also, I believe I resemble your latter comment, but you might want to get a cap for yourself and hold onto it, as you just might need it in a few more years! ;0)
One more thing, are the shirts going to be available only in black?

Best regards,

Jeff

Old 07-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #10
thesnakeman
Jeff,
I think probably only black. Suggestions? We'll have to see how ell the image transfers too. We'll see.
T.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!