Carolina Reptile Exchange - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
jwpdcp
Carolina Reptile Exchange

About three weeks ago I made a deal with Carolina Reptile Exchange. This is just a beware message. I have wanted some Gaboon Vipers since I was a kid. Well I had been trying to sell my lavender phase albino retic. They came across it and said they would do a cash deal or a trade. I saw that they had some good sized gaboons. So I said that I would trade them my male retic for a reverse trio of the gaboons. My son boxed and shipped the order. But he screwed up, instead of shipping my 10’ 25 Lb male. He shipped my 8’ 12lb purple phase female. (he is in deep s--t!) An awesome snake. I contacted them and tried to correct the matter I told them I would pay shipping both ways since it was my mistake. They said that the snake that they got was a male. No way! She had been probed, and Bob Clark sold her to me as a female, a year ago. They will not answer my emails, they will not return phone calls. I just think that is bad. I addition, the Gaboons that they sent were 2 days late, it took me 4 days for them to tell me which one was the female, and they were not the snakes that they sent photos of, nor or they as large as they said they were. So be careful if you deal with them. As far as me, guess I will just have to bite the bullet on this, and chalk it up as a learning experience.

John

Old 02-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
Zoo Supply
John,

This is not meant as a mean post man, but you really shoulda checked out the boi before you made a purchase with these guys, there is a ton of stuff on here about what scam artists they are!
TOM

Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
Ghi Reptiles
Did you ever do a search on them here before doing the deal? It might have saved you the hassle...

Old 02-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #4
ms_terese
I'm sorry you got a bad deal. In the future, please check out companies or individuals on the BOI before entering into a deal. Just for kicks, go ahead and do a search on "Carolina Reptile Exchange" here. I think if you read for just an hour or so, you'll realize you could have saved yourself some heartache.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
ms_terese
Let's all type the same thing at the same time, shall we?

Old 02-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #6
Zoo Supply
I won I won...lol...In all seriousness John, Sorry that happened to you, hopefully you will check everyone out on here in the future..the BOI is a tool with endless possiblities and potential, you just need to use it to find that out.
TOM

Old 02-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
jwpdcp
I just now became a paid member here. I should have checked. I guess I will be ALOT more careful next time.

John

Old 02-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
John,

Sorry to hear you got taken. If you really want to know who you have just dealt with, do a search also for "Harry Eisenmann" and "Digital Reptiles". You will need of course a lot of free time and a huge cup of coffee!

Regards.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #9
jwpdcp
Well after leaving a lot of bad talk on several different forums, he finally called me a dirt bag and admitted that he had the female. I paid shipping both ways, when I got her she was loose in the box because the bag had a hole in it. I was just glad to have her back. I guess he did not like the truth being spread all over the web. I have another problem I do not believe the the reverse trio of gaboon vipers that he gave me is what I traded for. I will know more next week. I have two that are 3+ feet and one that is barely 2' they were all supposed to be over 3.5'. I believe that the smallest one is the female. The female was supposed to be the largest one. He said 4'. I have a restraining tube coming next week, so I will probe them to make sure. If so I will never deal with them again and, I will advise many people I know to do the same. If the smallest on is the female I will have to sell her and get a larger one. From what I know to breed them they pretty much need to be the same size.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #10
chondrogal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpdcp
I just now became a paid member here. I should have checked. I guess I will be ALOT more careful next time.

John

The BOI is available to anyone to read free of charge.

Mistakes happen, but shipping the wrong animal to them in the first place by your son? It's hard for me to imagine how a serious error like this occurred.

Keeping Gaboons requires a high level of experience and responsibility that comes along with them. You should not have allowed the wrong snake to be shipped in the first place. It was your transaction and responsibility to make sure that your son shipped the right snake, you fell down on that responsibility.

You have been a member here at the BOI since 10-17-05, you could have checked on CRE, you wanted the Gaboons and were willing to take the risk of dealing with CRE even though you already had the tools at your fingertips to help you prevent a bad transaction. You didn't use them.

I'm sorry I have no sympathy for you in this transaction, I pray that you are responsible enough to properly care for your Gaboons. You got your trio from CRE, I'd consider yourself very lucky at a successful transaction with them even if they are not exactly what you hoped for. If the female is the small one, too bad... grow her up, get some experience under your belt before reproducing this deadly species.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann