how to stop breeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
AEVT
how to stop breeding

I had 2 female leopard geckos for about 5 years. One passed away about a year ago and the other has been alone since then. However, a friend of mine was getting rid of her male and I took it in a month and a half ago. This female had been with 5 males in a tank before with no breeding ever happening.

However now she has laid two eggs which are no good (dried up before I noticed). I have no intentions of breeding so the eggs I can just throw out. Is there any way to prevent them from breeding? I hate that she has got so skinny and I know it requires a lot of calcium and energy for my female to do this. Apart from seperating them or getting rid of the male myself, does anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking of cooling but I know this isn't 100% effective... I have a hard time finding info on stopping breeding - there is so much on how to so please help me out!

Old 06-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
BoaMan Jon
The only sure fire way is to seperate all males from females.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
AEVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoaMan Jon
The only sure fire way is to seperate all males from females.
That's what I was afraid of... Of course she is one-on-one with this male and NOW she wants to breed. Well, I'll figure something out. Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!