Allen from Reptile Kingdom, in New Jersey, Beware - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #151
cyberfrog
Well Mike, looks like you are the only person in this thread big enough to come back and post after it all turns out ok. I'm still waiting to see where all of the people that caused me drama to come back and eat their words. I'm not going to hold my breath however. I have learned full well what the BOI keyboard warriors are all about. Talk smack and attack everyone who thinks different than you then run away when you turn out to be wrong. Typical.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #152
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch1970
allen has paid me in full today. so ill be happy to put this thread to rest. allen kept to his payments he said he would make. so my gut feeling was right afterall. thanks for all the info everyone gave me goodbye all.

Chris, I'm very glad to hear that Allen did in fact follow through. Such is rarely the case, fortunately you appear to have been the exception.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #153
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfrog
Well Mike, looks like you are the only person in this thread big enough to come back and post after it all turns out ok. I'm still waiting to see where all of the people that caused me drama to come back and eat their words. I'm not going to hold my breath however. I have learned full well what the BOI keyboard warriors are all about. Talk smack and attack everyone who thinks different than you then run away when you turn out to be wrong. Typical.

The only person who caused you any drama is YOU when you decided to play human shield for a bad check writing scumbag who had to be publicly castigated and threatened with legal action before paying his debts, so don't come on here and act like you're owed some kind of apology.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #154
cyberfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
The only person who caused you any drama is YOU when you decided to play human shield for a bad check writing scumbag who had to be publicly castigated and threatened with legal action before paying his debts, so don't come on here and act like you're owed some kind of apology.
Bah, I told the guy he would get paid. He got paid. Now you people don't even have the balls to admit you jumped on a bandwagon of nothingness because it seems to be fun for you to bash the crap out of other people.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #155
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Now you people don't even have the balls to admit you jumped on a bandwagon of nothingness

Nothingness??

Allen writes a BAD CHECK (which is a crime) to pay for animals he already recieved, for the SECOND TIME it turns out, and then drops off the map. Then it takes Chris coming on here and lighting a fire under his ass to get him to pay up.

If that's your idea of NOTHING, then send me $1500 worth of animals and I'll pay you whenever I dam well feel like it. How's that sound?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #156
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
Nothingness??

Allen writes a BAD CHECK (which is a crime) to pay for animals he already recieved, for the SECOND TIME it turns out, and then drops off the map. Then it takes Chris coming on here and lighting a fire under his ass to get him to pay up.

If that's your idea of NOTHING, then send me $1500 worth of animals and I'll pay you whenever I dam well feel like it. How's that sound?

I'm sorry, I got confused, Allen wrote bad checks to the first two posters in this thread, Mike and Dale, as well as Mindy, for a total of at least $2700 according to them.

Chris he just flat out tried to ignored to the tune of $1500.

I really cannot fathom how that comes close to qualifying as "Nothingness".

Old 04-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #157
spawn
Bah, I told the guy he would get paid. He got paid. Now you people don't even have the balls to admit you jumped on a bandwagon of nothingness because it seems to be fun for you to bash the crap out of other people.

Adam, apparently you're unfamiliar with the idea that someone doesn't want to lose their rep [or what little of it there is] so they try to save face once in a while and pay the debt. Note that Allen DID continually check this thread as we were all posting on it, and lighting the fire seems to have worked. How do you defend Allen's lack of communication when he didn't answer the phone or the emails? You shouldn't have to. That probably would have alleviated most of the problem. Do I blame him for not paying on time? Absolutely. Do I think Chris wouldn't have reacted the same if the guy communicated with him on an every other day basis to say he was getting the money and it'd be coming for sure? Yes. Of course we could have had a game in the beginning to place bets whether or not he'd actually pay the debt, and by chance you seem to have been correct. But, to assume he would have paid the debt regardless of the public bashing of his business is unsafe and without foundation...or at least I think so. You cannot say with a straight face that this thread's livelihood had nothing to do with getting the payments to Chris as fast as they did, despite their ultimate late arrival? Or maybe you can, because apparently we all owe you an apology for the alleged premonition you had that the money would come. It's easy to have that kind of foreboding insight when you're used to trusting people who don't pay you when you want to get paid.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #158
Serafim
Quote:
You are not concerned by Allens current Trend? I was quick to give him his proper recognition when he was doing things in a legitimate fashion. His last couple of threads on Fauna have been negative. Where do you get the nothingness from? I have dealt with allen many times and never had an issue. Praising Allen for paying a debt that should have been paid in full day one is kinda ridiculous. Hey its ok he took advantage of a small business as long as he paid them in the end. Is that the moral Here?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #159
MikeCurtin
Quote:
If I walked off with a pair of snakes from you, Allen, or anyone else at any show and didn't pay until being chased down and cornered by a dozen of other vendors, patrons, and organizers, but did eventually pay, I wouldn't exactly call that a good transaction. This is no different, so I wouldn't be asking anyone to eat their words right now.

I'm not hear to talk smack to anyone. I was helped out here after being scammed, so in turn, I come here to try to help others if I can. If you read my first post, not only did I criticize Allen, but also the OP. If more people took the time to try and help keep everyone honest, there may not be as many people who think they can take a shipment of animals and pay whenever they get around to it.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #160
cyberfrog
How many deals do you think a guy like Allen does? I don't know either, but I bet it's ALOT. Out of all of those you have 3(that I know of) which had payment problems, all of which Al made right. My point here isn't even to defend Allen and you people can't even get that much. MY point is I said the guy would get paid and you people bashed ME for saying so. Then when he gets paid you just wimper off into some hole somewhere until I call you out. I waited a full day between this kids post that he got paid before I did so and Nemo was the only guy to post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!