I'm not a BS'er LOL. I have LOTS of blue dumbos - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #51
bad-one
Wait, what's this about co-dom dumbos? I've never seen, nor heard of it. I have a pair of dumbos and one who is not (not a het. either). Definitely recessive... breed the dumbos together= all dumbos, breed a dumbo to non het/non dumbo rat = 100% het. dumbo, etc..

I won't comment on colors since I'm terrible with rat colors lol

As for cleaning cages, about 1 time a week. I go on color of bedding and smell (pine goes from cream - yellow when dirty).

Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #52
Amelanistic Orca
Hi Brittany... I've got codom dumbies here by the dozen... You can have one if you can meet me at my vacation house in Lake Havasu!!! Lol... All day everyday over here... As for my ratties pictured; they are changed almost daily... Makes for a waaaaay cleaner coat and healthy specimen.. This goes for my feeders too....

Old 10-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #53
bad-one
I'd take you up on the offer to test those genetics if it that wasn't a 9 hour (or so) drive...

Old 10-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #54
Amelanistic Orca
Bum dealie... I've found some breeders here in Az.. Three that are being tested by members here.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #55
bad-one
Interesting, it would be cool to have those results posted.

For fun, here's some of my rats, nothing special really but cool imo:
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #56
bad-one
And a few more, I'm hoping to get some masked girls to hold back!
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #57
Amelanistic Orca
Alllllll about the ratties!!!! Good shots Brittany!!!

Old 10-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #58
bad-one
Thanks, it makes me sad how fast they grow up though.. I love that cute phase from fuzzy-weanling lol

Old 01-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #59
snakesRkewl
Wow what a trippy thread, gotta bring this topic back up
not trying to instigate but to inform and or learn.

Tom P
AFAIK there is no such thing as a dumbo eared being co-dom, it's a recessive trait and it's been well documented as such.
I'd love to see records of producing a co-dom dumbo, it would excite the rat world like a co-dom Clown ball python would excite the ball world.

Blues come in 2 main colors American and Russian and both have various shades
I run all American blues because I personally think Russian blue is blah looking
(not a jab at you Tom, just my preference)
I'm working on diluted blues now to produce even lighter colored blues, silver and other dilutes, isn't genetics fun

From a black mom that carries blue

Blue should be REAL blue and Dumbo ears should be REAL lowwwww

Blazes and the amount of white on a blue can also effect how dark or light colored a blue is....

Old 02-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #60
Amelanistic Orca
Welp; I can't believe I'm having to address this again, but here grows!!

First and foremost; this thread was in response to a funny guy comment in a sale's ad by the other Tom; one of my absolute personal favorite's; a know-it-all contest. Yippy yay!! Nobody really care's about rat's, except for the few of us I'm guessing; I'm glad some do.

So, here we go again. Jerry, I have rat's that are dumbo ear'd; and it is expressed in a co-dom fashion here at my place; yes, and have/has been for 10 year's. Hard to believe; I know; maybe that was why I paid $450 for three particular rat's year's ago? Who knows? What I do know, and completely understand; is genetic's, and I know them well. I also know not to believe in eveything I read and what come's at me via a grapevine. I was semi-blown away at my breeding result's year's ago as well.

With that being said; I definitely understand where you and a couple other's are coming from with the 'blazed and confused' replies; if you were within 300 mile's, I'd drop a couple male's on you free of charge and reap the benefit's of your graciousness when you are shocked to find that the "book's" and "rumor's" were not quite correct?? I am pretty sure I provided some phone number's in here of some "witnesses" to the account's, but who care's really. I don't need to show my rat's off, or care to appear that mine are better than yours or anybody's, like most like to do.

I have dumbo eared rat's expressed in a co-dom gene fashion: do I get a trophy? Who care's? Here is a coveted blue and white blazed dumbo female from CO-DOM line's shot with a crummy iPhone camera. I love yours too Jerry!! They are all super sweet kid's!!
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!