Help with genetics? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
Pythonbreeder99
Help with genetics?

I've got 2.2 Bulls to work with this year and I basically took them on loan because they look cool, all I was told was "they carry all four color morphs" I was just wondering what exactly those were and they genetics of them (co-dom, dominant, recessive). Pics attached. Thanks for the help!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Cristie
theres more then 4 color morphs 1, reg 2, red,3, white side 4, albino 5, axanthic 6, hypo 7, snow 8, lavander 9, patterless and a few i might of for got lol

Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Pythonbreeder99
So Ive kind of figured out that the female in the top picture is a red, and the male on the bottom is a white sided. Any idea what the male on the top (the yellow one) and the female on the bottom (the one that isnt grey) could be?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
gofrwrd
In the top picture, the brighter colored one with the head in the lower right of the shot looks to be Hybino or Hypo Albino. Both Hypo and Albino are visual which many refer to as Hybino, a dual visual. NICE!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Pythonbreeder99
no red eyes so I've kinda ruled out albino, I figured he was a hypo patternless.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
Pythonbreeder99
Also figured the female in the botton is a hypo.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
hhmoore
I don't see red or patternless in any of that group.
The one hypo in the top picture shows reduced pattern compared to the others; but patternless is patternless, and it isn't. You could have 3 different hypos...the one in the top might have something else going on, but I can't identify it from that pic - it's sort of ghosty looking, but with more yellow overall than most ghosts (hypo whitesided) I've seen; the hypo-ish looking one in the bottom pic, .
The other one in the bottom pic is a whitedsided (dirty whitesided or salt n pepper)

There are two different types of hypo bullsnakes, and they are not compatible. I don't work with Stillwater's, and have pretty much ignored them entirely because they aren't compatible...so I can't say if any of those are, or are not, Stillwater hypos.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Pythonbreeder99
Heres a better pic of the one I believe to be red. Here she is next to my other female
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
DISCERN
I think Harald is right. I believe he hit the nail on the head about 3 being hypos and the 4th one being a dirty whitesided.

Hypos can vary so much, from different bloodlines. You can get 3 or 4 hypo bulls together and they all have different shades of colors and patterns.

No Stillwater hypo bulls seen either.

So, IMO, you have 3 hypo bulls and one dirty whitesided.

Also, I must say, I am all for keeping snakes lean and having a healthy weight, but IMO, these bulls need to be a little heavier. They seem to be on the skinny side, and could use some larger meals.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
hhmoore
Sorry, but I'm still not seeing red there...
THIS is a red bullsnake

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!