Drymarchon pictures - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #31
GBU Enterprises
Axanthic D. melanurus

We produced the first axanthic melanurus in 2014. We hatched 1.2 axanthics with 6 possible hets. We are keeping a 1.1.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #32
bobassetto
This reply is for the other page....... I've been keeping/ breeding "BLACK SNAKES" since the late '70........ But have been low key and marketed through "known" individuals In philly area...... But 6 months ago I had a break down and " went away" for 30 days....... The unthinkable
Able happened to my holdbacks...... My wife and my stepdaughter had a solution..... It didn't end well.......any way the only breeders I have left our my two retirees...... Kids I'm jones in for a good female.... I prefer darkies....... I use vision cages and I've a freezer full of quail,chickens,whole trout, rodents,frog legs from Asian market at the Italian market...... So my kids have a VARIED diet..... I used hole saws f appropriate size in the hide boxes...... And found newspaper is the best substrate...... Sanichips seemed to dehydrate the snakes.....those rugs were ehhh stinky..... Anyone out there that sees a good female out there that you don't want for yourself please pass on my name and number...... Bob Assetto 2159066420...... I once watched a " red chinned slider" cruise along a canal bank in the Orange groves..... Catching frogs!!!!!!.... One of my memories of these beasts in the wild..... Probably as much as we hate to admit ..... Where they belong.....
N

Old 02-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #33
bmwdirtracer
Bob, John Michels was just buying someone's collection of couperi when I last spoke with him, several months ago. He might just have an adult girl he'd sell, I don't know. His phone is 818-585-7972 (Black Pearl Reptiles, in California)

Old 04-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #34
eminart
Just a couple photos to revive a great thread.

Loki is now up to 50.5". So, he's grown about 27.5" in 10 months. Not bad, I think.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #35
bmwdirtracer
He is indeed a very handsome boy, Scott, and that's a fantastic growth rate! Did he shed his right eye scale at the last shed? (I see a little rough edge, like I saw when my boy failed to shed his eye scale one time).

I'm getting a delivery of frogs this week for all my boys and girls....they seem to love them more than any other item. I've ordered fifty - half frozen, half live, for special treats!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #36
eminart
Yeah, I think it's just a reflection in the photo. He didn't retain any eye caps.

Where are you getting your frogs? I'm looking to offer him more variety.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:27 PM   #37
bmwdirtracer
I've sent you a PM, because I think my mentioning the source here might constitute an infringement of the rules of the forum.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #38
bmwdirtracer
I should have a new picture to offer, to bump the thread....I'll try to make some this weekend. For now, just updates: My '12 red-throat boy is now over six feet; big enough to breed with the big all-black girl, without worrying about him getting eaten..... So, this winter !!! Another four months, and he'll likely be over 6 1/2 feet.

Everyone's growing quickly, even the biggest girl has shed 4 times in 8 months!

3 of 5 snakes love quail, 3 love frogs, 4 like mice, 3 like chicks. 2 like strips of fresh salmon, for occasional treats. 2 sometimes eat small rats, but they prefer XLA mice.

I accidentally got bitten last month, during feeding time -- luckily just by a '13 snake, a small five feet, but at least it wasn't the 7+ foot girl! I've been bitten by MANY colubrids, far larger than this snake: rat snakes, Pytas, bullsnakes, Spilotes,whipsnakes.....but none ever made me bleed so much! By the way, the bite was, of course, entirely my fault, my finger entered the lid of the hidebox between the chick and the mouse....dumb Chris.....

My buddy Bob's getting a new couperi this weekend, too, I think, hopefully he'll post some pics! I'm excited for him, can't wait to see his new girl!

I hope everyone out there is doing well, and all your snakes are prospering!

Chris

Old 01-07-2016, 01:52 PM   #39
bunke10
No pictures to add, but just wanted to say what gorgeous snakes you all have. Eastern Indigos have been a pipe dream of mine since I got to work with some during an internship at a Zoo in high school. Such underrated docile snakes. Maybe someday!!!

Old 05-20-2016, 03:35 PM   #40
eminart
I haven't been on here in a while. Glad to hear your snakes are doing well, Chris. My boy seems to be doing ok too. He doesn't eat like a lot of the stories I hear about other dry's, but he does eat. I think he's right around 5 1/2 feet now.

Here's a recent photo of him out in the yard. It's hard to get good shots of the whole snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!