Inquiry Lucille Hollander - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:57 AM   #71
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
Mike Schultz, did you start this thread?
No, but while I may be one of few willing to publicly question the circlejerk, my private messages and post karma received would indicate I am clearly not alone in my opinions. doesnt matter, BOI will cease to exist soon anyways

Old 01-31-2019, 11:17 AM   #72
IslandLizards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
No, but while I may be one of few willing to publicly question the circlejerk, my private messages and post karma received would indicate I am clearly not alone in my opinions. doesnt matter, BOI will cease to exist soon anyways
Long time lurker here (>10 years off and on) and I agree. If you are not part of the "clique" it doesn't matter and the same standards don't apply to you.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:45 AM   #73
AllisonLeigh
I think taking one particular person's opinion to heart so much that you ignore the numerous people supporting you is a foolish route to take, but I suppose that is human nature... we get stuck on the negatives rather than the positives. That being said, I haven't always agreed with Lucille, I certainly haven't always disagreed with her either. In the few occasions that I disagreed, it was enlightening to see where she is coming from because, agree with her or not, she bases her opinions on logic and fact. Doesn't mean you always have to agree and doesn't mean she is always right, but at least she gives more thought and explanation to her opinion than a lot of people who just spit out an opinion and get nasty when it is questioned. This would have been a pretty useless forums if it was just an echo chamber of the same opinion over and over again.

Old 01-31-2019, 01:06 PM   #74
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandLizards View Post
Long time lurker here (>10 years off and on) and I agree. If you are not part of the "clique" it doesn't matter and the same standards don't apply to you.
Kind of surprised to see this from you. Several of us came to your defense regarding the chameleon. Unless there is an incident I'm not aware of, you were treated respectfully, and were able to explain your side of the story, same as everyone else.

Old 01-31-2019, 01:20 PM   #75
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Kind of surprised to see this from you. Several of us came to your defense regarding the chameleon. Unless there is an incident I'm not aware of, you were treated respectfully, and were able to explain your side of the story, same as everyone else.
And early on I advised Will to open a case with his credit card company, and listed the positives and negatives I saw for each party.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:15 PM   #76
WebSlave
Quote:
CLIQUE

noun: a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.
I guess I wouldn't have a problem being included in that definition. I can't even see why it would be considered as being a negative label. It would be a negative that I require TRUST, which needs to be earned, before I take someone into my confidence? Not in my world.

Heck, I have been hearing the accusations of there being a "clique" here ever since Day 1 of the BOI. The interesting thing is that the people accused of being in that "clique" has changed many times over the years.

Is there an ever changing core group of people who make an attempt at digging down to the truth, sometimes left wanting, from statements made in the BOI? Certainly! They do this on their own time, because of their own personal interest, with apparently the best interests of the perceived injured party at heart. Even if at the beginning it is not clear who exactly is the injured party. But they WANT to find out.

So how is that a bad thing? Unless you are the "injurer" instead of the "injured" of course, trying to obscure that fact. Then it appears that one of the defenses of the "injurer", while slowly but surely being uncovered, is to claim that they are being attacked by some "clique". In their eyes apparently that sort of accusation negates the pointed questions trying to get to the bottom of claims being made. Sorry, but I personally do not see anything negative about interested parties trying to get to the truth. If someone's feeling may get hurt in the process, then so be it. Liars typically don't like to be exposed.

So does that make Lucille part of this alleged "clique"? Sure does. But there are a lot of people here who undoubtedly believe that is a GOOD thing, because it has been a help to them resolving their issue. Which is normally why they came here in the first place.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:54 PM   #77
Robert Walker
I get the distinct feeling a certain someone has held onto their emotional baggage a wee bit too long. Now that the BOI will become off limits to them, a fire sale baggage dump on anyone and everyone is in progress.

What beam in the eye will we see next?

Old 01-31-2019, 04:58 PM   #78
IslandLizards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
I appreciate that but I am not sure how that has anything to do with this subject...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
And early on I advised Will to open a case with his credit card company, and listed the positives and negatives I saw for each party.
1. Yes you did and my comment has nothing to do with my thread. I do appreciate the outside view towards both sides.

2. I apologise but it was not directed to you specifically even though it's in a Lucille thread. I should have made that a little clearer. I tend to try and keep things short when posting from a mobile device and that tends to end up how I'm thinking it and typing it out may not be how it gets interpreted. Lol
It was more of an agreement of comparing someone with 15k actual business sales to someone with 15k posts in a forum. The forum veteran is looked at as being the person with the knowledge and experience.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:47 PM   #79
Robert Walker
Quote:
she sold some heat tape 15 years ago
Quote:
15,000 actual business transactions like I have
15,000 transactions = Trader Rating (2)
vs.
"sold some heat tape" = Trader Rating (6)

30,000 more transactions to go and someone might catch Lucille in customer satisfaction.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:22 PM   #80
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
15,000 transactions = Trader Rating (2)
vs.
"sold some heat tape" = Trader Rating (6)

30,000 more transactions to go and someone might catch Lucille in customer satisfaction.
Says more about the usefulness of that rating system than it does about your point 😂 i rarely post and almost never sell on fauna, of course my trader rating here reflects that. By your logic, im winning because I managed to get half the trader rating she did with only what, 7 or 8% of the posts? 😂

I have no problem shelling out and listing on sites that offer value to me. I pay a lot ($300+ per classified) to list on sites like kingsnake and morphmarket, because they generate income for me. I used to list ads here and got zero return on my investment of $20 a year so I dont bother here any more. If the site was worth using then there would be active users. The fact that it cant afford to stay afloat even with ads peppering every page says plenty about that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!