Calling all indigo keepers... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #21
thesnakeman
The following was posted there, at about o8:45 hrs today, lets see how long it lasts.

Dear Moderator,
We have seen things disapeer from here but we do not understand why. These were things which directly related to matters of indigo conservation and or research. Are we to understand that the powers that be of this website are against indigo conservation and research? These posts had nothing distatseful, nothing disrespectful, and nothing in them, that we could see which would be in violation of the TOS. We have read it, but do not see the problem. If you are going to pull things like that, it would be greatly appreciated if you would simutaineously give us an explanation as to why these posts are being pulled. We'd like to know how to post valuable information without having it disapeer, without explanation,... into cyberspace. Tell us what we did wrong, so we can make adjustments, and our posts will stay put,...please. Thank you,
The people who use this forum.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #22
thesnakeman
Well folks, that lasted about 45 minutes. Dirty rotten sunza######s!!! Maybe someone, {Eric} would like to re-post it.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #23
matt rand
i asked and was ignored

i asked very politely if they would explain to me why posts regarding indigo genetics are being dinged. that message was removed and i have received no explanation. i'm guessing that for reasons well beyond my comprehension (and i'm not quite as dumb as i look), i'm about to meet tony's fate

i'm fine with discussing genetics here, but other forums over at KS talk about hets, recessives, crosses, and hybrids -- that's freakin genetics!

or do any of you think that soliciting the mailing of shed skins is deemed some type of trade. should i try and solicit sheds in the classifieds -- they'd get money that way.

still stratch'n me head...

matt

Old 09-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #24
thesnakeman
This is exactly what I have been preaching about since the day I started this forum!!! This is exactly WHY I started this forum. The powers that be at kingsnake.com are just plain rotten! As far as I'm concerned, they are facists. The only way they might pull their heads out of their 4th point of contact, is if {ALL} of us STOP USING THAT FORUM< PERIOD!!! And I mean ALL OF US!!! Stop posting over there, stop reading over there, remove indigosnakes.com from their server, and stop supporting kingsuck.com all together. A complete BOYCOT by ALL drymatchon folks. When someone won't even explain themselves, you know they are up to no good. It's way past time to fight back! Send an e-mail to every dry guy you know, and invite them HERE to read all about it. Then stay away from the indigo forum at kingsuck.com They don't deserve our support!!!
T.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:33 PM   #25
Eric East
Here's a copy of an e-mail I sent to ks.com

Hello,

I am not looking for trouble, but I was wondering if you could help shed some light on something.

There have been a few threads regarding genetic studies on the eastern indigo snake, a federally protected species that have been pulled from the indigo fourms.

Can you please explain why these threads are being pulled?

Thank you!

Eric East

Old 09-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #26
Eric East
I got a reply.

Here's what ks had to say....

The posts were pulled because they violated Terms of Service.

Since you were not the author of them, we will not discuss it any further.

Sincerely,

PHGinger
Ginger Sanders
Staff Director
Community Support Coordinator

Old 09-02-2006, 02:06 AM   #27
thesnakeman
Now you know why I got 86ed!!!

That's exactly the kind of response I expected from my favorite person in the whole universe! That's precisely the way she treated me. Man, what a rotten way to treat folks!!! I think she is in DESPERATE need of,... use your imagination.
T.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #28
matt rand
eric, i tried your tact...

but i apparently don't have your charm. i apologized for not knowing the rules against "scientific solicitation" and asked politely if we could solicit shed skins on the KS.com forum.

...DEAD SILENCE...

i have gone to PARC with a request for skins and i remind everyone here to keep those skin samples coming. the school term starts next week and our molecular biology class will be doing their lab on the specimens we've received so far. WE NEED MORE!

thanks,

matt

Old 09-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #29
Eric East
You're just not as good looking as I am!

Old 09-08-2006, 12:14 AM   #30
matt rand
i shower everyday...

so i know it's not that.

i'm going to try contacting individuals off the indigosnakes.com website list of breeders to see if any of them are willing. some may fear that the findings will not place their stock in genetically favorable light. this is the downside of trying to get a god estimate. with enough people divulging the source of their breeders we may be able to form pedigrees anyway.

matt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!