Info George Chestnut - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Devon Hodgins
Question George Chestnut

I would like to start off saying that George Chestnut is not a bad guy.I would just like some info on this guy.

I was contacted by text April 17th, 2011.The text said

Quote:
Hello My name is George Chestnut I'm the curator of the Seaport Aquarium in Wildwood , NJ I can't offer much as the season has not kicked in to high gear yet. However I can offer your pets a great home in an 4' x 8' x 5.5' enclosure & plenty of handling. Please contact me by phone at 609-780-0254 PS
At first I had red flags raised and bells ringing in my head.However I was very interested in what all this was about.

I done what the text said and contacted him.However I did not contact him at the number that he told me to call I called the number that the text came through.

The phone rang several times and guess what? I got the answering machine for an electrical company.I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.So I called the other number.

Once again I got the same voice mail for the same electrical company.A couple of minutes passed and he called back on the second number listed.

I was skeptical at this point, and became even more when I heard what variety of animals he was wanting and that he couldn't offer much.He was asking for purple reitcs,albino bat-eaters,albino sunfires, albino suntigers, and albino golden childs.He stressed the last one very much.

I then told him that if I could see the exhibit and was to look around the aquarium then I would donate a super tiger free of charge, as long as my name would be on display also that she did come from me.

He then preceded to tell me that a super tiger would not draw the crowds like an albino golden child would or and albino sunfire.

I understand that he wanted something big to amaze and wow the kids, but I remember when I was little that I didnt care if it were a normal retic or and albino golden child.If it was a big snake it was pretty freaking awesome.

he has even made an account here and has been replying to adds.I dont think he is a bad guy.I just think we should no more about the guy before we offer our animals for little to know charge.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=239002

I know some of you are super detectives at this and go all out to find some answers.I would just like a little help, because like I said I researched and couldnt find any info on him.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Have you tried calling the Seaport Aquarium directly and asking for this person?
Their ph# is (609) 522-2700

Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
morph evolution
i am actually shipping a snake to him today..i have talk to him several times on the phone.seems like a nice guy

Old 04-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Devon Hodgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Have you tried calling the Seaport Aquarium directly and asking for this person?
Their ph# is (609) 522-2700
I have but I have never gotten through.The line is always busy or after hours.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph evolution View Post
i am actually shipping a snake to him today..i have talk to him several times on the phone.seems like a nice guy
Well, according to at least twenty people on the internet, your animals are going to deplorable conditions and will likely be mistreated.

This place has horrible reviews out the .

I have tried calling that number for most of the day and it is never answered.

I also cannot find George Chestnut's name related to any searches regarding this place.

But a search for Seaport Aquariums on its own yeilds some disturbing results and complaints from people who have visited.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph evolution View Post

You may want to re-think the fate of the animal after seeing these reviews:

1. InsiderPages.com: "holy balls this place sucked." Aquarium W. - Aug 26 2008 (rated 1/5). "Agreeing with GuestyM before me their reptiles are sick their fish are either shoved in tanks that... http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3718009705
  2. InsiderPages.com: "This "Aquarium" needs to be shut down!" Lori D. - Sep 09 2009 (rated 1/5). "There aren't enough words to describe the travesty that is this 'aquarium'. As many times as I've been... http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3718009705
  3. InsiderPages.com: "This place is a dump" Guesty M. - Aug 12 2008 (rated 1/5). "Gross place don't go. They take pictures outside with Columbian Boa Constictors 2 out of the 3 there... http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3718009705

Is the address where the animal is to be shipped 3400 Boardwalk, Wildwood, NJ 08260?

Old 04-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
DAND
And solicitations for animals via text sounds a little fishy too.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
garweft
Google the place and check out the reviews. Just saying it sure doesn't sound like anywhere I'd want my name on.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
ShadowAceD
This place is located on a boardwalk. It's a tourist trap and nothing more. The animals are evidently kept in crappy aquariums and they live feed in front of visitors, most of which are a bit upset about it, which I can understand.

My opinion is the guy is likely full of it and just trying to get some nice animals for free under the guise of a nice "non profit".

Old 04-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
DAND
And another thumbs up review:

Upon approaching the tank with the cute rabbit in it i saw a snake in there which was going to feed on the rabbit. I had 3 young children with me.. I have been to zoos and aquariums all over the usa and aquariums .. I have never saw this in any of them.. the 3 young children were terrorized by this .. When the staff was appraoached about the conditions there they did not care and said its natural that this aquarium is this way.. I know the state board of health has not been at this place ever.. It has never been cleaned and the condition overall is deplorable . I am contacting the spca and newspapers .. this place has to be shut down for good...All glass enclosures were very dirty - There wasnt anyfood there .. what do they starve there animals? There wasnt enough water for the sharks and stingrays .. The fish and turtle tank smelled really bad .. When asked when they were fed last time answer last month.. I cant believe the mayor of wildwood lets this happen .. Who is there to defend these creatures no one??????? I hope the local oficials do there jobs and close it down .. Look at all the bad reviews .. whats with the chickens in withe the alligators???really
October 02, 2010

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!