Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #31
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeman1 View Post
Does the OP have anything else better to do? I mean come on. This is why this forum and many of the people posting here are considered a joke in the herp community. Back when I lived in Miami, I visted SnakesatSunset quite a few times and always found the store to be immaculate and in great condition. Mike(the owner I believe) was always helpful and friendly the times I visted. I applaud him in not granting interviews for these media outlets trying to make herpers look bad.

It just really amazes me how someone can take the time to make a post about mites on a GTP. You know what, shit happens. I've gotten mites from some of the biggest Boid breeders out there and do you see me make a crybaby post about it? Nope, I simply treat the snake as it's quarantine anyways and move on. I'd love to come check out the cages of people sitting here complaining about one shed in the cage. I bet I can walk into any herproom at any given time and find a shed, feces, or tipped water bowl. Does that make you a bad keeper? No, so why would you consider this individual is any less? All in all, get a life and do something worthwhile to protect the hobby instead of bringing up a ridiculous post for no reason. If you had a problem with it, take it up with them. Next time you decide you want to complain..send a nasty letter to the Politcians and Government Agencies who are trying shutdown this wonderful hobby.
Are you actually serious with that crap? Clearly you don't actually have a clue what this is for. I would also LOVE to hear which people think that the BOI is a joke (along with the BOI threads that they have had posted about them). Oh and which herp. community you are referring to? IF you do good business this form can do nothing but help you. Conversely, if you choose to screw people then this forum has been shown to keep people from buying from you. The first time this forum keeps you from making a purchase you would otherwise have regretted you will see the value in it.

While I cannot comment about the OPs intentions with this thread or the business practices of Snakes at Sunset, both have had the opportunity to state their case here. Questions have been asked (and answered) regarding the husbandry practiced at the store. So the way I see it the BOI is doing just what it was intended for.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #32
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
Man thats a serious problem when a snake is displayed like that with a serious mite problem. Thats from a outsider looking in. I have nothing to lose or gain from this.

I don't believe anyone is saying: "You have a snake with mites, you are horrible!" I think it is more of a "You are displaying a snake with mites?" issue. At least that is what I have gathered from the comments on here.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #33
Snakesatsunset
no it doesnt "SELL" a snake, but it sure as hell starts the questions. Why do they shed, how often, what does it feel like, why is it longer then the snake, etc etc. People are intrigued by it. Remember our customers are not always customers. They can be simply browsing for amusment, and things like that catch their eye. THATS what interests their curiosity. You might not care, but a little kid seeing a snake shed is like the best thing in the world. Thats the whole point. How we display it is in question?

Old 03-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #34
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
no it doesnt "SELL" a snake, but it sure as hell starts the questions. Why do they shed, how often, what does it feel like, why is it longer then the snake, etc etc. People are intrigued by it. Remember our customers are not always customers. They can be simply browsing for amusment, and things like that catch their eye. THATS what interests their curiosity. You might not care, but a little kid seeing a snake shed is like the best thing in the world. Thats the whole point. How we display it is in question?
No i got it. Its a sales tactic used to catch the eye. An it works the sale from there. I work for a Yacht broker. There are things he points out that "helps" sell the boat. In your case the animal

Old 03-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #35
KelliH
They look way too big to be mites to me. Could they be ticks??

Old 03-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #36
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
They look way too big to be mites to me. Could they be ticks??
If they were ticks he probly would have made the correction. Just a though. I think he even said they were mites and he probly would know, saying he has received animals with problems before.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #37
KelliH
OK well those must be some mutated snake mite or something LOL. I've never seen any that big before. Any experienced snake keepers care to chime in?

Old 03-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #38
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
OK well those must be some mutated snake mite or something LOL. I've never seen any that big before. Any experienced snake keepers care to chime in?
Lol, i dont know i have never seen them first hand.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #39
Paul Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post

I don't believe anyone is saying: "You have a snake with mites, you are horrible!" I think it is more of a "You are displaying a snake with mites?" issue. At least that is what I have gathered from the comments on here.

Somehow this thing turned into "is it good to leave sheds in the cage" or "whether or not to use Prevent-a-mite". My only questions are whether or not the snake was actually for sale in that condition (which would be ridiculous, and would be a reference to the quality of the rest of your animals), what kind of quarantine system do you have in place (because it affects the health of your other animals), and lastly, why in Gods name would you house in plain sight in that condition (not my business really but Im curious anyways)? If you could answer those honestly I think that would put most of this to rest.

My 1/2 cent...

Old 03-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #40
hupababy_83
I wanna see pics of the store and how they are set up! Plus i have never seen mtes.... are they really that ginormous?! they look big enough to pack off the D*** snake!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!