Silas Crawford & Appalachian Exotics Warning - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
kmgold64
Angry Silas Crawford & Appalachian Exotics Warning

WARNING !! WARNING !!

Silas Crawford and anything that is connected to him is a scam. I found good old Silas on this website selling a hognose snake. After sending him a western union to get my snake by Xmas for my son.....he stopped talking with me.

He took my money and no snake....I don't think there ever was a snake.

His website is listed in WV, but he used to live or is still now living in Ohio or Kentucky. Guess what? If I had been smarter (too excited about getting my son his dream snake...my first mistake) I would have checked him out a little more. He is now or maybe just visiting TX which is where I sent the western union money.

I am surprised that this website has not cancelled his registry. He has done this quite a few times before. (Bitter-yeah....you try telling your 7 yr old son that the special gift he always wanted is not coming and we've already bought the cage hot rock, you know the drill)

We have spoken with friends in Law enforcement and plan on taking this all the way.....FBI here we come.....as he took this across state lines and is abusing the internet to scam people.

Oh I even found a website that said he was looking for investors....dude...is that a joke or what.......

He ruined my sons xmas......we're looking at a $120.00 set up for a snake we never got.

I wish we would all get together and ban him from this classified, so no one else gets taken the way we did and so many others.

Pissed you bet........

KGold

Old 12-27-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
The guy appears to be a major league scumbag

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=Appalachian

Old 12-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmgold64
I am surprised that this website has not cancelled his registry. He has done this quite a few times before. (Bitter-yeah....you try telling your 7 yr old son that the special gift he always wanted is not coming and we've already bought the cage hot rock, you know the drill)
This has nothing to do with the scamme... uh, seller, but please don't use a hot rock... there is also a Hognose Snake Discussion Forum here, check it out to make sure you are giving the best possible care when you do get one...

Old 12-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
Serafim
Run a google on this guy and see some of the scary stuff that pops up. Sorry that he ruined your Christmas. He is a big time scumbag

Old 12-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
cccreptile
good luck getting your money back, but there should be many breeders with good reps to get another one. right now on kingsnake.com there are some hogs posted by
Mark Lucas
Glade Herps
LLL Reptile - I get alot of supplies from them and never have any problems
but please don't use that the hot rock you mentioned there alot of care sheets online to tell you why
good luck

Old 12-29-2007, 10:32 PM   #6
kmgold64
Thanks for your support....and about that hot rock....sorry....last time we had a boa (15 years ago) the hot rock was all the rage...now I know to use the heating element and not the rock. I promise when and if we ever get a hog nose, we'll take the best care of it.

Karen G.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:14 AM   #7
Tim Cole
Hognose Snake book...

I just picked this up and thought you would like to know about it.

http://www.homegrownherps.com/Dry%20...tile_books.htm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!