Rainforest Reptiles in Florida - BAD DEAL - STAY AWAY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
Omer
Rainforest Reptiles in Florida - BAD DEAL - STAY AWAY

I've read a few posts about people being screwed by these guys and I should have listened. I wouldn't say I got "completely screwed" or that Mike was out to get me, but after my deal with him I think he just doesn't have a good conception of what good business is all about. He sold me what was suppose to be 3 1200g+ c.b. normal female BPs that were eating well. When they arrived, they were all under 1100g (one being under 1000g). After a day or two, a couple of them pooped leaving them all under 1000g. When I emailed him, he claimed that he specifically told me that the 1200g+ snakes were w.c. and because I explicitly requested C.B. they were going to be 1000g+. He told me to refer to the emails we had exchanged and to the post he was putting up on kingsnake. My email service keeps all my old emails (non of which mentioned anything about 1000g+ animals) and the post had since been changed. It has been a couple of weeks and the snakes have yet to eat. This shady dealing leaders me to suspect that he wasn't entirely truthful and that these might indeed be w.c. animals. I kept emailing him but he eventually stopped responding. I am unhappy with my purchase and definitely misinformed (and possibly lied to). I would never buy from this guy again. Some deals are really just too good to be true.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
CurtisF
Could you post the emails? I have never personally heard about them and am curious to see how this all plays out.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
Cat_72
Try these links.....they should tell you what you need to know about Rainforest Reptiles...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...orest+reptiles

Old 12-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
Omer
Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 22
I have 5 available. I have either W. C or C. B. The wc are $100 each plus shipping. Most of them are eating with out a problem. I also have Captive born female available and they are $150 each. They are all eating on rats. The shipping on five will be $100. Let me know witch ones your interest in.

Thanks
Danielle

Reply Forward Invite Rainforest263@aol.com to Gmail

Reply to all Reply to allForward Forward Print Add Omer to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 22
I'm only interested in the females that have no problem eating. How many are there?

Omer
- Show quoted text -

On 11/22/06, Rainforest263@aol.com <Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:

I have 5 available. I have either W. C or C. B. The wc are $100 each plus shipping. Most of them are eating with out a problem. I also have Captive born female available and they are $150 each. They are all eating on rats. The shipping on five will be $100. Let me know witch ones your interest in.

Thanks
Danielle

Reply Forward

Reply to all Reply to allForward Forward Print Add Rainforest263@aol.com to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 22
I have five I would be whiling to let go.
Five girls that will feed no doubt.

Thanks, Mike
Rainforest Reptiles
772-460-6025

Reply to all Reply to allForward Forward Print Add Omer to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 22
How much (with shipping to Cupertino, CA 95014) for all 5?

Omer

On 11/22/06, Rainforest263@aol.com < Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:
- Show quoted text -

I have five I would be whiling to let go.
Five girls that will feed no doubt.

Thanks, Mike
Rainforest Reptiles
772-460-6025

Reply Forward

Reply to all Reply to allForward Forward Print Add Rainforest263@aol.com to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?
Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 22
Being that I am selling them at a steal already I cannot go any lower on them. I can however help you on the shipping. A package that size and weight would normally run about $80-$100 through fed ex I can give you a $50 shipping charge and their will be no box fee. That's the best I can do on them. I am not in any big hurry to sell them and have just decided in the last 2 days that I might sell about five of my personal girls in my collection. I will probably put them up tomorrow in my group ad and at that price they will go one at a time or maybe even three at a time. Think about it and let me know.

Thanks, Mike
Rainforest Reptiles
772-460-6025

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 22
So you're saying $550 for all 5 shipped?

Omer

On 11/22/06, Rainforest263@aol.com < Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:
- Show quoted text -

Being that I am selling them at a steal already I cannot go any lower on them. I can however help you on the shipping. A package that size and weight would normally run about $80-$100 through fed ex I can give you a $50 shipping charge and their will be no box fee. That's the best I can do on them. I am not in any big hurry to sell them and have just decided in the last 2 days that I might sell about five of my personal girls in my collection. I will probably put them up tomorrow in my group ad and at that price they will go one at a time or maybe even three at a time. Think about it and let me know.

Thanks, Mike
Rainforest Reptiles
772-460-6025

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 23
Omer,

No
They are $150 each plus shipping.
Thats $750 plus $50 for shipping. That equals $800 as your total.

Thanks, Mike
Rainforest Reptiles
772-460-6025

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 23
Didn't you say thatt he w.c. are 100 each plus shipping?

Omer
- Show quoted text -

On 11/23/06, Rainforest263@aol.com < Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:

Omer,

No
They are $150 each plus shipping.
Thats $750 plus $50 for shipping. That equals $800 as your total.

Thanks, Mike
Rainforest Reptiles
772-460-6025

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 23
Yes wc are $100 each and captive born are $150 each. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks
Mike

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 24
Hi,

I have $500 to spend. So assuming $50 for shipping, I'd like 3 C.B. females.

What terms do you usually ship under?

Are you on the BOI?

Omer

On 11/23/06, Rainforest263@aol.com <Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:
- Show quoted text -

Yes wc are $100 each and captive born are $150 each. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks
Mike

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 24
We ship Fed ex right to your door. They will be in a insulated box with 1 or more heat packs to keep the warm. Other then that, that's about it.

As far as the BOI. Yes I am on their I have both positive and negative feed back. Who doesn't? I make over a 1000 reptile deals a year and you can't please everyone. Just know that I have tried very hard you just have some very and I hate you use words like this to a customer but ANAL people out their. Also don't use the BOI as your source for deciding who to deal with and who not to deal with. Their are a lot of story tellers on their people that just make up stuff to get even with other people. Its crazy! I have not been on that site in years because of it. Anyway enough on that if you decide that you want $500 plus snakes for a fraction of the price let me know.

We accept paypal and would be more then glad to give you our paypal address.
Your total is correct $550 shipped for three girls shipped to your door.

Thanks, Mike
Rainforest Reptiles
772-460-6025

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 26
What about live/healthy arrival and the animal is eating?

Omer
- Show quoted text -

On 11/24/06, Rainforest263@aol.com < Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:

We ship Fed ex right to your door. They will be in a insulated box with 1 or more heat packs to keep the warm. Other then that, that's about it.

As far as the BOI. Yes I am on their I have both positive and negative feed back. Who doesn't? I make over a 1000 reptile deals a year and you can't please everyone. Just know that I have tried very hard you just have some very and I hate you use words like this to a customer but ANAL people out their. Also don't use the BOI as your source for deciding who to deal with and who not to deal with. Their are a lot of story tellers on their people that just make up stuff to get even with other people. Its crazy! I have not been on that site in years because of it. Anyway enough on that if you decide that you want $500 plus snakes for a fraction of the price let me know.

We accept paypal and would be more then glad to give you our paypal address.
Your total is correct $550 shipped for three girls shipped to your door.

Thanks, Mike
Rainforest Reptiles
772-460-6025

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 26
Yes we have a live arrival and they are feeding on live rats...

Thanks
Danielle

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 26
Alright, sounds good.

What is your paypal address?

Omer
- Show quoted text -

On 11/26/06, Rainforest263@aol.com < Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:

Yes we have a live arrival and they are feeding on live rats...

Thanks
Danielle

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 26
Paypal address is rainforest263@aol.com

Thanks

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 26
Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, can you take my credit card straight as opposed to going through paypal?

thanks

Omer

On 11/26/06, Rainforest263@aol.com <Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:

Paypal address is rainforest263@aol.com

Thanks

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 27
My credit card machine is not work right now so paypal would be the best. You can use your credit card through paypal.....

Thanks
Mike

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 29
Hi Mike

I'm still interested, i've just been having some trouble with my paypal account. it should be cleared up today and the money should be sent by tonight. do you think you'll be able to ship it today still?

Omer
- Show quoted text -

On 11/27/06, Rainforest263@aol.com <Rainforest263@aol.com > wrote:

My credit card machine is not work right now so paypal would be the best. You can use your credit card through paypal.....

Thanks
Mike

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Nov 29
I need the payment first then I will ship the following day....

Thanks
Mike

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Nov 29
Sounds good, i just sent the money

Omer

- Show quoted text -
On 11/29/06, Rainforest263@aol.com <Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:

Thanks
Mike

Reply Forward

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Dec 3
Hi Mike,

I got the snakes on Friday. They are alive and seem healthy. However, I can't say I am completely satisifed. I specically wanted snakes above 1200 grams (you advertised them as being that weight). I weighed them this morning and they are at 1073g, 1003g, and 982g (all under 1100 grams). You said that they are all eating quite well on rats and I none of them have taken any food yet. I was planning on breeding them this season and if they are so light and not eating, I'm not sure I will be able to. Please let me know what you think.

Omer
- Show quoted text -

On 11/29/06, Omer Friedman <friedman.omer@gmail.com> wrote:

Sounds good, i just sent the money

Omer

On 11/29/06, Rainforest263@aol.com < Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:

Thanks
Mike

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Dec 4
You wanted the Captive Born female and those I am selling for $150 each and 1000 grams+. The imported females I am selling them for $100 each and 1200+ grams. It states that right in the ad on Kingsnake.com. They are defiantly feeding on rats. You can still breed them this year...

Thanks
Mike
Rainforest Reptiles

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Dec 4
I couldn't find the add on kingsnake (i think its expired). In any case, I dont' remember it saying anythinga bout 1000g c.b. I also looked at all the email history and couldn't find anything about the captive born females only being 1000g. Not to mention that one of the females is under 1000g

Omer
- Show quoted text -

On 12/4/06, Rainforest263@aol.com <Rainforest263@aol.com > wrote:

You wanted the Captive Born female and those I am selling for $150 each and 1000 grams+. The imported females I am selling them for $100 each and 1200+ grams. It states that right in the ad on Kingsnake.com. They are defiantly feeding on rats. You can still breed them this year...

Thanks
Mike
Rainforest Reptiles

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Dec 4
The ad is posted It is probably at the bottom. It says everything in the ad. That has been the same ad for 3 weeks now. I weight them all and they were all over 1000 grams.

Thanks
Mike

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Dec 4
I found a more recent ad of yours on kingsnake, but that isn't the one i responded to (even the title has changed). The one i responded to was about females that were 1200g+ . Only later (in the emails) did you make the distinction that there were w.c for 100 and c.b for 150. however you didnt say that the c.b were supposet to be only over 1000g+

Omer

On 12/4/06, Rainforest263@aol.com <Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:
- Show quoted text -

The ad is posted It is probably at the bottom. It says everything in the ad. That has been the same ad for 3 weeks now. I weight them all and they were all over 1000 grams.

Thanks
Mike

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Dec 4
Yes I always change my ads title every couple days. and I also change the 1200 grams to 1000 because now I am out of the 1200. You took over 2 weeks to order...... I am selling Captive born 1000 females 150 each I always have

Mike

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Dec 4
But if took me a while to order (and what i was originally interested got sold out) dont you think you should have told me? I was originaly interested in the 1200g snakes. If you sold all of them off by the time I actually made the order, you should have told me so that I knew that what i was paying for had changed. The bottom line is that i paid for something that I didn't end up getting.

Omer

On 12/4/06, Rainforest263@aol.com <Rainforest263@aol.com > wrote:

Yes I always change my ads title every couple days. and I also change the 1200 grams to 1000 because now I am out of the 1200. You took over 2 weeks to order...... I am selling Captive born 1000 females 150 each I always have

Mike

Reply Forward

Rainforest263@aol.com
to me

show details
Dec 4
I change the Imported female grams They were 1200 grams now they are 1000.......
I NEVER change the Captive Born female and that what you wanted was Captive Born.......

It has always said 1000 grams that's what you order..... Look back in the old emails

Mike

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Dec 4
My email service keeps all my old emails and I reviewed them all. There was never any mention of any 1000g+ snakes. The only mention were of the 1200g+ (if you want, i can forward it to you). You later mentioned that there were w.c and c.b available but didnt say anything about a difference in weights.

Omer

On 12/4/06, Rainforest263@aol.com <Rainforest263@aol.com> wrote:
- Show quoted text -

I change the Imported female grams They were 1200 grams now they are 1000.......
I NEVER change the Captive Born female and that what you wanted was Captive Born.......

It has always said 1000 grams that's what you order..... Look back in the old emails

Mike

Reply Forward

Omer Friedman
to Rainforest263

show details
Dec 6 (5 days ago)
Is that all you have to say about the matter?

Old 12-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #5
Russ Bates
This post is just in time

as I was thinking about ordering some of their albino rosys.
Thanks,
Russ

Old 12-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #6
Cat_72
Kind of confusing for sure.....not seeing the original ad, it's hard to say for sure, but I don't see anything in the emails about the actual weights either way. This guy's reputation doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, but I suppose it IS possible that there could have been a misunderstanding when talking between the WC and CB....I see you stated that you were only interested in the CB, but nothing was mentioned about weights.

What makes you think that the females you got may actually be WC? Scars, ticks, etc?

Old 12-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #7
Omer
I dont have anything that makes me lean towards w.c. However, I was told that they were going to be over 1200g and eating well and I know that he carries both. The snakes I got were under 1000g and curl up into a tight ball at the mere sight of food. I didn't get what I ordered, so I have no reason to trust that they are actually c.b.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #8
ravensgait
Having dealt with Mike before who knows what you got.

Rainforest is bad news, run away if your smart...... Randy

Old 12-12-2006, 10:21 AM   #9
The BoidSmith
Omer,

It's difficult to say which are the ones you were sent, but if as you say two out of three "pooped" a couple of days after arrival, that's the best indication that those at least ate not so long ago.

Regards.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
Omer
I actually thought about that yesterday. Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!