Mountain Horned Dragon Adult Enclosure - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
Mad4You2
Mountain Horned Dragon Adult Enclosure

Here is the enclosure in the living room for the adult Mountain Horned Dragons. Bruja, 2Toe (females) and Diablo (male). I believe that I moved them in here in July. It’s been really hard on them adjusting to a new space. The temp runs a constant 72 at the bottom, about 75 where they hang most of the time and gets up to 88 at the highest point closest to the Mega Ray. There is one 60 watt Mega Ray UVB bulb and 1 fluorescent coil bulb (for light - we had a bright white daylight replacement lamp but I broke it). The humidity runs about 75-80% and goes up with misting. There is a water feature made from a pond tub with petrified wood and a turtle filter that is on constantly.

Notice that Diablo lost his spikes from retained sheds - he had them all when I got him but he had shed built up at the base. He also thrashed around like a wild beast for several months if you even thought about touching him...so he probably broke some then. He used to bite me on a regular basis but hasn’t done that for a couple of months. Bruja has all her spikes but no horns, I hear they lose them breeding from the male grabbing on to hold...but I guess Diablo wasn’t that rough with her. Maybe she made him lose his spikes?

upper view

lower view

Bruja and Diablo

2Toe

=) Angie

Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie,

WOW those are so nice! Very well organized. Your MHD is so georgeous, too. So sweet!

Tracie

Old 09-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
Mad4You2
Thank you Tracie!

Old 09-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
Drache613
Hello

Hello Angie,

No problem!
I had never really seen any pictures of MHD before I met you on here. They are just georgeous.

Tracie

Old 02-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
newreptile
Hi guys...

Im new to this site and a new mhd owner... had them for about 2 weeks now. I am in the process of getting a 55gal high tank and stand for them.. i am wondering if anyone knows of any sites that have habitat pictures so i can get some ideas on how to set it up... i know that they need moving water so i am building them a waterfall and then lots of branches but i am wondering if a fogger in a small pond would be ok for them.. well please post on here or email me... mpoisson_pcpro@yahoo.com thanks..

mike.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!