Bad Guy Kingsnake.com/Jeff Barringer/ Bad business!! Legal? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #51
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1153 View Post
Now I'm not taking sides just yet but I do find this "Freudian Slip" quite odd. I don't believe anyone has asked for Barry's personal info as we know he exist. Also having " Rich " simply sign up from a different IP address is not going to cut it since Barry could simply go over to the public library or hotel parking lot and sign up as him and a separate IP address would pop up, or one of your friends Barry could sign up at their home with that acccount and at the same time you could sign up from your home with your account. So unfortunately this isn't going to cut it as a different IP address at this point isn't really going to prove anything.

plus there is the fact that everytime you sign up he signs off. I understand he probably works but then why is HE not answering all these questions instead of YOU. I mean he obviously has time since he's been looking at this thread and technically it's his thread not yours. lastly you said he's not your friend but you"re merely friendly with each other and yet you seem to be extremely zealous about defending him like he's family or something. Like I said I'm not taking sides just yet but unfortunately he got himself into this situation so it's his responsibility to prove he exist beyond a doubt not yours.
Between all the detectives and psychologists on here, I'm surprised you haven't unfoiled this caper yet...(Because there is nothing here to "investigate")..I asked Rich to get online from HIS house this time and chime in when he can. Personally, I think he's just going to read about MORE herp politics from all this and just stop keeping reptiles being that he's newbie to herp keeping. I had ignited interest in his and his sons desire to "keep a reptile" and this is his first dose of the hobby. Good work guys. Some of you guys really take the fun out of this hobby and can see why there are some people out there who stay away from advertising and forums. Beginning to see their point.....

mvite: as I mentioned, RICH POSTED ANIMALS ON KS FROM HIS HOUSE!!! NOT MINE!!! They were his animals, his computer, his account!!

Barry

Old 10-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #52
MikeCurtin
Is there any way to see if Rich (RMreps) and Barry (Spectrum Reptiles) have been viewing the same thread at the same time?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #53
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
I don't know why you keep replying and keep stating and reiterating your innocence, because this really has nothing to do with you anymore. Its Rich that has to answer for the mix-up and choose whether or not he wants to clear his name by providing his credentials for verification.

Maybe you feel bad for getting him involved? Or maybe you feel compelled to reply because he is really you..and so you're taking the questions aimed at and for him personally.

And I'm not actually the only person that feels this way, so why are you getting on just me for it?

First of all, I do feel bad for getting him involved because he didn't do anything wrong and now I'm asking him to defend himself for using my computer over making a post about KS on this BOI? And you guys are looking to decapitate someone for posting animals on another reptile site? I asked Rich to logon at his house and make a comment when he can. He's a working, single dad. If he does, he does, if he doesn't, what can I do? And if he does, he's just going to tell you the same thing I did......I just think some of you are giving this way too much importance is all. I don't like drama and I'm sure neither does he.

Barry

Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #54
chfd143
1. Jeff has nothing to do with the site anymore( self admitted)

2. It is well documented that KS is VERY high and mighty and only returns emails it sees fit

3. I have personally had MANY run ins with them for this or that and have NEVER had a problem resolved to my liking.

I had the same issue. about 3 years ago I had albino retics posted at 600 or 1000 a pair( bigger names were selling at 900-100 each) and my ad was removed for (inappropriate pricing". I called BS and was banned, and not refunded my money or allowed to be reinstated. KS IS a joke, but what can you do? I have more views in 1 day on KS then in a week on fauna unfortunately.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #55
Spectrum Reptiles
Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfd143 View Post
1. Jeff has nothing to do with the site anymore( self admitted)

2. It is well documented that KS is VERY high and mighty and only returns emails it sees fit

3. I have personally had MANY run ins with them for this or that and have NEVER had a problem resolved to my liking.

I had the same issue. about 3 years ago I had albino retics posted at 600 or 1000 a pair( bigger names were selling at 900-100 each) and my ad was removed for (inappropriate pricing". I called BS and was banned, and not refunded my money or allowed to be reinstated. KS IS a joke, but what can you do? I have more views in 1 day on KS then in a week on fauna unfortunately.
Thank you George for injecting some reality and common sense into the picture!! Wholly smoke! The only thing though is that Jeff can say he's not involved, but he's the one who sent Rich an email informing him that his account is terminated. He offered no proof of anything, but took Rich's money??? That was just my point I wanted to make. Nothing more, nothing less. Jeff and/or his staff appear to have a different set of rules for everyone. I'll be the first to admit that some of his TOS rules are good and valid! BUT, he or one of his cronies will terminate an ad with no explanation. It's a private site, sure, but you take peoples money for so long and not email them back with any explanation, then word is going to spread. What we need to do is tell all our prospective buyers who buy from us to look at fauna for their classifieds. It's up to us to make this site more popular. Many people like Fauna(like myself) for not having an ad deleted for just mentioning you'd accept a "Trade". Anyway, thanks again for sharing George!!

Barry Lambert

Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #56
RMreps
Ouch, It is not a coincidence. After being banned , which I am over, I got to know Barry a little since we now share the something in common. I have lots of hobbies and being a pethobbyist is new to me. Barry has told me has some bad home computer issues. I am also A+ and Network+ certifed. I offerded to help him with his home network. No money just a trade for animals. When I started to work on his home network I had my laptop with me. I take it everywhere.
Barry told me about Fauna Classifieds and that it is free. So i created my account at his house. And the only time I had a chance to gripe was whenever I was at his house.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #57
MikeCurtin
Barry, what doesn't make sense to me is that you didn't start this thread, but feel bad for getting Rich involved....even though he was the one to start the thread. Also, you've replied to this thread 17 times....alot from someone who just sold the OP some torts.

Hmmmm....RMreps is reading, but Spectrum Reptiles has vanished. Strange.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #58
MikeCurtin
Quick, Rich.....call Barry and have him log on from his house!

Better yet, can one of the mods do an IP check?

Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #59
LauraB
Quote:
When I started to work on his home network I had my laptop with me. I take it everywhere.
So you used your laptop at Barry's house to create your Fauna account and post your initial thread?

Old 10-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #60
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
So you used your laptop at Barry's house to create your Fauna account and post your initial thread?
That is sort of strange isn't it?

It would seem to say that Rich used his laptop to connect into Barry's home network to create his account. But Barry specifically stated that he sat Rich down at his computer to set up his account.

Two very different versions of the events here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!