Does anyone else have dreams like this??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
Alex G
Does anyone else have dreams like this???

I often have dreams in which I have many more animals than I really own, and I just forgot about them. The animals in question have gone without care for long enough to warrant an "OH MY GOD CRAP" moment in-dream. Sometimes I remember them early enough that they're just a little hungry/gone without water for a day or two, others it's been so long since I checked on them that they've begun cannibalizing each other. The animals change... the first time it was a pile of baby corn snakes, more recently it was spiderlings and baby scorpions. The dreams are so realistic sometimes that when I wake up I can't feel satisfied until I check that I really DON'T have piles of neglected animals hiding somewhere. Does anyone else have dreams like this?

Old 10-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
SamanthaJane13
Back in my fish days, I had this bizarre dream that I found a butt-load of fish...still in pet-shop bags full of water...in my mom's pantry.

They were NEON colored and like no fish I ever saw in my life.

When I looked at the receipts in the bags, they'd been in the pantry for over 90 days.

But they were VERY MUCH ALIVE.

I took them out and put them into tanks, and my other fish ate all of them.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
bakew13
I have had several dreams where I discover a snake that has escaped and when I go to put it back I realize I have way more snakes than I thought and all of them have escaped. The entire dream is me running around frantically trying to put snakes back in ther tanks. The first time I had the dream I had to go look and make sure they were in their cages.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
Foschi Exotic Serpents
I have had bizarre dreams where I went into the garage and there were 3 or 4 HUGE display aquariums full of fish. Problem is, the water was terribly murky, filters were not working and the fish were not fed in who knows how long. The tanks would be at least 6 ft tall and 6 to 12 ft wide. There were different shaped tanks. In my dream I guess they were my dads fish or something but no one knew they were there when he died. So I would be going crazy trying to fix everything and save them all.

Then I use to have dreams that something bad happened to my oldest ball python. She had escaped or been let out and was injured. It was always different circumstances but the same snake.

I always just figured these dreams were symbolic of my concern for my animals and especially my first ball python which I've had going on 8 years now. I always wake up relieved that it was just a dream.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
Jadenkisses
I've had a few different dreams, where my fiancé left a cage (or cages) open and the animals got out, and I'm so pissed at him.
Sometimes it's an animal that we don't even really own - like one time I dreamed we had Electric Blue geckos, and he left their tank open, and our water dragons' tank open, and I walk in the room to see the dragons chasing the geckos around the room trying to eat them. Or once it was a venomous snake that was loose in the room.
But mostly it's one of the animals we actually own (usually my frogs) that escapes because he left the cage open, and it either gets lost or hurt.
I now have a tendency to 'double check' that all the cages are closed properly after he messes with them. Not that I don't trust him, he's never actually left a cage open- I just don't want those dreams to become reality! Better safe than sorry.

I wonder what these kinds of dreams mean.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!