I got a bull snake!!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
fattielumpkin
I got a bull snake!!!!!!!!

So I finally got a bull snake! I am way excited. I used to have them everywhere when I was a kid. I lived in Arizona growing up. Now I have my very own CB Bull Snake. It (unsexed) is pretty feisty, calms down well when being held. No hissing at all though, which I find weird. There is a lot of "rattling" though. well here he/she is. Enjoy. Also, Is this a normal?

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/101_0354.jpg

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/101_0359.jpg

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/101_0355.jpg

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/101_0360.jpg

Old 10-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Nice looking bull! I've always loved their attitudes and bluster.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
homegrownherps
Nice one...looks like a normal Bull.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Its a normal, and a lil fattie!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Toss that sucker some nice mice. Hell appreciate you for it! hahaha

If you snap a pic of the underside of the tail, Harald MIGHT be able to tell... LMAO ( Maybe harald!? har har lets see if you can!)

Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
hhmoore
It's certainly big enough to tell...if Adrian can get a good clear shot (which isn't so easy to do working solo), I'll cast my vote. *pics aren't as definitive as an actual look, though, so my response might be "I can't tell"

Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
It's certainly big enough to tell...if Adrian can get a good clear shot (which isn't so easy to do working solo), I'll cast my vote. *pics aren't as definitive as an actual look, though, so my response might be "I can't tell"
hee hee

Yeah, you can tell my boy is a boy. Hes got a noticeable bulge. ( i never really looked at the other one, since i know you told me its a boy) and the girl i have from you is a bit more slender, again, easier to tell. I learned enough just by watching you that day when we were looking at Bob's Bullsnakes at that NY show.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #7
hhmoore
Well, I did say pics aren't as easy to tell as actually seeing the snake in person, lol. Having the snake in hand, it's easy to turn it to get a slightly different view...moving my head to try to get a little better view of the image on my screen didn't work so well. I kept changing my mind - the slight rotation evident at the cloaca was part of it - but I did make my guess (and I've waivered on that guess since I looked back at the pic, but I'm sticking with it)
Anybody else want to take a stab at it?

Old 10-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
fattielumpkin
i have no clue. I will look at it later this morning and take what you said into account. Also I will snap another pic, more straight on.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Harald, Male

Old 01-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
RyanGSP
We have them here in alberta. Wait till it gets pissed and chases you around the house lol. Ive been chased clear across a 1/4 section by a pissed off bull. She was about 6' long and didnt appreciate me catching her. She showed that appreciation when I went to let her go and she turned on me.

Defiantly a cool snake though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bull snake, pituophis