Been a long long road... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #11
Laura Fopiano
Rcik, I am so happy for you and Aurora. It still amazes me that neither one of you gave up. Kudos to you my friend!

Old 09-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #12
shrap
Rock On, Rick!!! I cant even begin to tell you how happy I am for the two of you. I remember how hard this was on you not too long ago, and to see this turn around is absolutely awesome my friend!!

Old 09-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
It still amazes me that neither one of you gave up.
I too am glad I didn't, but Aurora was the amazing one. I would so be hating myself right about now if I had put her down.
Learned a couple things too. That's always good. Just wish it coulda been with a different animal.

Thanks Sammy! Means a lot coming from You. Really, it does Bro'.

Anyway, ain't it COOOL! Feels better than any drug could possibly feel. ITY

Thanks again!
Rick

Old 09-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #14
BryonsBoas
ROCK ON BRO !!! Just about done now.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #15
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas
ROCK ON BRO !!! Just about done now.
And it's feeling GOOD!

Old 09-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #16
JohnG1122
i tryed to d/l the file to catch up on things but it wont let me open it everytime i try the page freezes. so if someone could just let me kno what happend to aurora. where the wound came from i would appreciate it.
happy u didnt have to put her down tho good luck the rest of the way!

Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 AM   #17
Cat_72
Aurora looks great, Rick. Both of you have done an awesome job.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:02 AM   #18
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG1122
i tryed to d/l the file to catch up on things but it wont let me open it everytime i try the page freezes. so if someone could just let me kno what happend to aurora. where the wound came from i would appreciate it.
happy u didnt have to put her down tho good luck the rest of the way!
Long story short, she developed an abscess from an unknown source. It was removed, and healed, and then just came back with a vengeance a few months later. My vet was in and out of town continuing his education, so I went to a non herp vet this time, and he treated her like he would a mammal. It made things much worse, causing Cellulitis to kick into all the surrounding tissues, internal necrosis, and prolonging the needed surgery.

So over the next 1/2 year or so, My vet still being in and out of town, instructing me via E-mail and tele, we managed to get things under control. On 5-24-07, My vet and the exotics vet from the Zoo met me at the emergency center, and we performed the surgery to remove this thing. And here we are now.

The moral is....Take the time to find a qualified herp vet, and don't cry about the price. A non herp vet could end up costing you a lot more in the long run, or even your herp.

Thanks Cat! Means a lot. I'm just glad the hectic part is done with and we are returning to normal. Maybe I can return to my normal self now. LOL

Rick

Old 09-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #19
Ginger Ambrose
Rick, I have been out of the loop for several weeks. I am so glad that your girl is
doing so incredibly well. I am glad that you two did not give up.
She is an awesome girl.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #20
crotalusadamanteus
Thanks Ginger! I think you can tell I am way happy about it.
She's feeling good too. She wants out all the time now just like her old self. She rubbed a knot on her nose from trying to slide the glass open too. So she gets her way and comes out a lot.

Thanks again everyone!
Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!