TOOOOOO COLD!!!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #61
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
If they put me in handcuffs to drag me up there, I would chew off my own arms to escape.........
Hm, only problem with that is.....ever hear of someone sticking their tongue to a metal pole and getting it frozen there instantly? It's probably end up being the same concept, only your face would just freeze to your arm a bit more slowly.

You're better off accepting your fate and waiting til spring thaw to try to escape, or so they keep telling me.

We did hit the single digits above zero today. I try to ignore the fact that the wind chill pretty much nullifies the warmth, lol.

My Mom was complaining it was cold down in Arkansas the other day, said it was only in the 40's, too cold to go fishing. When I mentioned the fact that was still over 60 degrees warmer than it was here.....it kind of put things in perspective for her.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #62
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Hm, only problem with that is.....ever hear of someone sticking their tongue to a metal pole and getting it frozen there instantly? It's probably end up being the same concept, only your face would just freeze to your arm a bit more slowly.

You're better off accepting your fate and waiting til spring thaw to try to escape, or so they keep telling me.

We did hit the single digits above zero today. I try to ignore the fact that the wind chill pretty much nullifies the warmth, lol.

My Mom was complaining it was cold down in Arkansas the other day, said it was only in the 40's, too cold to go fishing. When I mentioned the fact that was still over 60 degrees warmer than it was here.....it kind of put things in perspective for her.
Uh, no, the handcuffs would have to be slapped on me while down here in Florida. THAT's when I would start chewing..........

Old 02-22-2008, 03:42 AM   #63
hhmoore
I liked Arkansas....probably should have moved there years ago.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #64
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I liked Arkansas....probably should have moved there years ago.
We love it down there, that's where we are planning to move in a couple of years. We go down there to see Mom twice a year, and always take a day or 2 to leave the kids with her (heh) and go check out employment, housing, etc in various areas down there. Josh wants to graduate high school here though, so I guess we can wait that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslave
Uh, no, the handcuffs would have to be slapped on me while down here in Florida. THAT's when I would start chewing..........
I'm thinking that they'd have to slip you a little something to mellow you out before doing that anyway....we could just give ya a little extra to keep you comfortably numb til ya get here.

And Chuck.....you want me to tell you what you can do with those limes (after you make me a margarita, of course)??

Old 03-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #65
Cat_72
It's the very end of March, and people keep talking about spring, but I just ain't seeing it yet. We're supposed to get snow again this weekend!! All I can say is....

Old 03-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #66
critical bill
Its gonna be 85 today. I'm gonna have to find a shady spot for my drink so my ice dont melt.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #67
Cat_72
Hmmm...it's actually supposed to hit 40 today, so they've changed the forecast from snow to rain. More snow on Monday though.....

Did you make me that margarita yet, Chuck???

Old 03-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #68
DThomas
It's already in the low to mid 80's here. We've had a couple close to 90 days already. I've already had the boat out on the lake and my daughter has been swimming in her friend's pool. Our spring lasts about a week then it is straight into summer.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #69
Cat_72
You guys are meanies, I tell ya. Just plain ol big meanies.

I went out and took the cover off the Harley the other day and looked at it. Then I covered it back up and sighed a lot.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #70
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Did you make me that margarita yet, Chuck???
I sure did. My blender quit on me after the fifth or sixth batch. Poor blender couldn't handle a night of drinking with the Chuckster.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!