WTH Rich! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #81
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy View Post
I really doubt anyone here wants to cause damage to any of your sites Rich.

How many people that have read your posts now think it's ok to release captive bred animals to the wild? Is that really the message you want to people to take from this? If by bringing this to light we get the people reading this to understand it could potentially be disastrous to our industry, then so be it. I'm sorry if you see it differently and want to turn this in to something personal, but it isn't that way at all.
Speaking for myself, I do not say that it's OK. I think the majority of us realize that there's NOTHING that can be done now, and that continually harping on the subject may bring unwanted attention.

All that I can see that the harping does is show that we are unable to police our own community effectively and may give the opposition the ammunition that they need if we keep this topic on the front page.

Do I have a plan to minimize any damage that may be done if this gets out? No. But I do know that continually picking at the sore won't accomplish much.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #82
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post

All that I can see that the harping does is show that we are unable to police our own community effectively and may give the opposition the ammunition that they need if we keep this topic on the front page.
What do you suggest, forget it ever happened? How else do we police ourselves? As long as there is people defending this type of action, there will be people arguing against it. I think everyone's main concern is trying to make sure people don't think this is ok. I think if this ever comes to light, it would be better that they we don't all believe in this type of behavior, than no one saying anything against it.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #83
WebSlave
Quote:
I really doubt anyone here wants to cause damage to any of your sites Rich.

How many people that have read your posts now think it's ok to release captive bred animals to the wild? Is that really the message you want to people to take from this? If by bringing this to light we get the people reading this to understand it could potentially be disastrous to our industry, then so be it. I'm sorry if you see it differently and want to turn this in to something personal, but it isn't that way at all.
You are joking, right? My name was mentioned PERSONALLY, and I have been attacked PERSONALLY. How in the world can you sit there and claim it isn't PERSONAL? Well EXCUSE me if I turn around and let everyone have it in return with both PERSONAL barrels....

Actually I had forgotten how invigorating good heated debates feel. I have been too busy to engage in them much lately, but this activity kind of helps clean the cobwebs out of the gray matter. I used to do this a LOT in the past and had quite a bit of fun with it.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #84
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
You are joking, right? My name was mentioned PERSONALLY, and I have been attacked PERSONALLY. How in the world can you sit there and claim it isn't PERSONAL? Well EXCUSE me if I turn around and let everyone have it in return with both PERSONAL barrels....

Actually I had forgotten how invigorating good heated debates feel. I have been too busy to engage in them much lately, but this activity kind of helps clean the cobwebs out of the gray matter. I used to do this a LOT in the past and had quite a bit of fun with it.
So what was I supposed to do, say some unknown person is releasing corns in Florida? You did, you own it.
What I didnt do is call you an asshole like you did to me. I have nothing against you personally or your sites but I do have a problem with your actions and you defending it saying its no big deal. It is a big deal. Yeah, yeah I know you are going to say who says I am right and who made me the keeper of all truths and maybe even call me an asshole again. Its jsut more smoke and mirrors.
But I am done posting on here since you have decided this is a personal thing and I have some vendetta against you or some hidden agenda (completely untrue).
My parting words to all of you; I am refocusing MY attention where it should be and that is fighting the people who are so dead set on taking more rights away from me that I fought and shed blood for. I hope you all doing your part in this fight also....

Old 12-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #85
Bill & Amy
Quote:

Your name was mentioned because you made the post. Not because Ron has something against you PERSONALLY Rich. You know the difference Rich, you want this to be personal. In fact, from what I've read in this thread, you are the one trying to make it into a grudge match. I have a feeling you're hoping to get a reaction to justify banning people. Funny how people that disagree with you get banned because you say they were "bashing" you and your site. Already in this thread you accused people of trying to destroy this site, haven't seen anyone do that.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #86
WebSlave
Quote:
Your name was mentioned because you made the post. Not because Ron has something against you PERSONALLY Rich. You know the difference Rich, you want this to be personal. In fact, from what I've read in this thread, you are the one trying to make it into a grudge match. I have a feeling you're hoping to get a reaction to justify banning people. Funny how people that disagree with you get banned because you say they were "bashing" you and your site. Already in this thread you accused people of trying to destroy this site, haven't seen anyone do that.
Obviously you have very narrowly defined blinders on when you read through this thread.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #87
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Obviously you have very narrowly defined blinders on when you read through this thread.
Well, I guess the same could be said about you.....

Old 12-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #88
johns6068
Quote:

No one but you made it personal on yourself by posting and doing what you did...

Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #89
johns6068
Quote:

Wasn't it you who referred first to the pot calling the kettle black?? That's twice now that I have seen where this statement of yours fits you pretty well

Old 12-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #90
WebSlave
Quote:
Well, I guess the same could be said about you.....
So I take it that you can't see where those personal attacks on me began then?

Not surprising, I guess....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread