Reptile owners - Stay away from Mooresville, NC - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #91
Southern Wolf
K I hope the mayor can at least get the town gov off your backs.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #92
SnakeLadyK
Thank you, Kevin. Its definitely been a step in the right direction.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #93
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLadyK View Post
Thank you, Kevin. Its definitely been a step in the right direction.

Ive got your latest updates on my blog and on the home page of my site... maybe the attention it could bring to your town will help them change their tune.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #94
SnakeLadyK
The HOA has rendered their "verdict."
They cited two seperate articles in the bylaws that they allege we're violating.

One states that no additional dwellings can be added to a residence (ie: worksheds, detached garages, etc.)
Our animals are in the attached garage, no structures have been added.

The other is under "Nuisances"
No obnoxious or offensive trade or activity to become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.

The only thing that could be construde as a nuisance is the continuous complaining this old woman did to get us out of here, and according to their judgement, it must have worked.

They also state that we sell snakes on our website and held a yard sale specifically to sell the snakes.

The yard sale was to sell books and kids toys. Normal yard sale stuff. No one could access the garage without permission. And I have not ever, do not now, or will ever sell any reptiles on my website.

They have to be removed by Friday, September 29th. (Lucky for us, Friday the 29th doesn't happen for another 17 years, eh?)

The entire report was a string of lies and, as expected, no one has had the juevos to even ask us anything.

So now have we not only been harassed, we can now include slander.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #95
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
They have to be removed by Friday, September 29th. (Lucky for us, Friday the 29th doesn't happen for another 17 years, eh?)
Huh?? First of all, they must be on some damned good drugs if they don't even realize when their target date is...which doesn't surprise me.

Second-do you still have to remove them, since they have no idea when they have to be removed by??

Quote:
The entire report was a string of lies and, as expected, no one has had the juevos to even ask us anything.

So now have we not only been harassed, we can now include slander.
So...do you know why the complainant is??

Damn. This town sounds pretty screwy.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #96
Riyo
I have been following this thread and I am completely appalled. This is awful. Is there anyone you can trust your animals with while you're fighting for them? What can you do? Is there anything WE can do?

I am beyond words, I am so sorry, K. I wish you both the best.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #97
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
So...do you know why the complainant is??
LOL-I have brain damage... I meant to say WHO.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #98
SnakeLadyK
Thank you. Its been a nightmare, but we'll get through it. There has been quite a few wonderful folks here that have offered to foster some of our brood until we can get past all of this.
It just amazes me that this amount of discrimination is tolerated in todays society.

Donna - Sorry, my brain cramps are contagious.
Since no one will release any names, we're still assuming its the one woman whos son emailed me. Hopefully the attorney can find out more.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #99
SamanthaJane13
It's great that people are coming together to foster your "kids" if you have to move them!! Hopefully that won't be necessary!!

I'm having a severe attack of CRAFT (Can't Remember A F***ing Thing), hon...you're not contagious!!

I hope the lawyers can pry names out so you have someone you can go after!! And also you know who you have to avoid!!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #100
Southern Wolf
Quote:
The other is under "Nuisances"
No obnoxious or offensive trade or activity to become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.

The only thing that could be construde as a nuisance is the continuous complaining this old woman did to get us out of here, and according to their judgement, it must have worked.
How can they say your animals are a nuisance since they dont roam the neighborhood.

That would be like saying the old lady down the street having sex in her home is a nuisance

What your doing does not effect anyone in that neighborhood. It is done in the privacy of your own home... and as of now.... keeping snakes is not Illegal.

Personally... Id have your lawyer supena thier records for the name of the old bitty... and Id sue both the HOA and the old bitty. Both animal control AND the NC Fish and Wildlife have sided with you. Your doing everything legal... and both the HOA and this woman is harassing you.

Please tell me you have a document with that date in writing.... you can use that to your advantage.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!