TSA forces cancer survivor to show prosthetic breast - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:20 AM   #21
WebSlave
How long before vehicles on the highway can be pulled over at any time for a "security check"? Or even mandatory "security checks" of your home without notice?

At what point does the "Land of the free and home of the brave" not only say "NO", but "HELL NO!" to this kind of crap?

Old 11-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #22
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
That child being searched that way was just awful. I certainly do not agree with it.

What are some other solutions to the security problems at the airports? My solution is that I don't fly (dislike it immensely anyway!), I drive. But seriously, we obviously have major security issues at our airports, what should be done to make the folks that do travel by plane more secure? Would any of you change your mind is we have another airplane related terrorist attack, perhaps worse than 9/11 was? I'm just curious to hear everyon'e opinions.
Kelli.... there is one thing I have learned from working the past 6 years in prision. Your not gonna stop criminals. You can catch some things... but they are always inventing new ways of getting around you. Do you realize because of this... there is now a metal detector chair. You sit in it.... and it will alert you if someone has keesterd a metal object.

Here is what I know..... all you need is a few dedicated folks to keester what they need to pull off their plan. Yes... it may take more sucide bomber types than before.... but your not gonna stop them.

How about we just start doing cavity searches on everyone that decides to fly?

When do we say enough is enough? and more importantly..... aside from 9/11 ... how many of these guys (shoe bomber, underwear bomber) actually borded from the US..... Ummmmm none right. They were flying TO the USA.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #23
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
How long before vehicles on the highway can be pulled over at any time for a "security check"? Or even mandatory "security checks" of your home without notice?

At what point does the "Land of the free and home of the brave" not only say "NO", but "HELL NO!" to this kind of crap?
But Rich.... its to keep you safe from yourself

Here is what folks aren't seeing. The gov says they are suspending your rights when you fly to keep you safe. And the majority of the folks are saying.... OK.

Guess what.... They see this... and dont you think for a second that it's not registering. Lets say they want more control in another location (schools, courthouses, whatever)... all they have to do is manufacture some sort of big bad threat... and bam. We let them take away our rights in that area as well because its done "to keep us safe". Our gov has gotten too big for their britches and we let them.

When are we going to say.... enough is enough!!

Old 11-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #24
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
This guy makes a whole helluva lot of sense.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #25
Southern Wolf
Quote:
WASHINGTON — The head of the agency responsible for airport security, facing protests from travelers and pressure from the White House, appeared to give ground Sunday on his position that there would be no change in policies regarding invasive passenger screening procedures.

Still, he pointed to the alleged attempt by a Nigerian with explosives in his underwear to try to bring down an Amsterdam-to-Detroit flight last Christmas. "We all wish we lived in a world where security procedures at airports weren't necessary," Pistole said, "but that just isn't the case."
He didn't even board a plane here. What does out security checks have to do with someone that boards a plan in Amsterdam. Our security checks wont stop them from boarding in a foriegn country.

Quote:
"Clearly it's invasive, it's not comfortable," Pistole said of the scans and pat-downs during the TV interview. But, he added, "if we are to detect terrorists, who have again proven innovative and creative in their design and implementation of bombs that are going to blow up airplanes and kill people, then we have to do something that prevents that."
Quote:
Those who refuse to go through the scanners are subject to thorough pat-downs that include agency officials touching the clothed genital areas of passengers.

Pistole was shown videos of people being patted down where the screeners touched the breasts of a woman, felt into the pants of another person and felt the crotch of a man. He said all three cases were proper and that the gloves of the screener who felt inside the pants were then tested for explosive trace residue.
If your feeling INSIDE my pants... I'm gonna knock you the out. Plain and simple. Im not trying to get a hand job from someone I dont even know.

for the full story.... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40302432/ns/travel-news/

Old 11-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #26
Southern Wolf
TSA has met the enemy — and they are us
Frustration with the federal agency is boiling over after nine years

Quote:
"After 9/11 people were scared and when people are scared they'll do anything for someone who will make them less scared," said Bruce Schneier, a Minneapolis security technology expert who has long been critical of the TSA. "But ... this is particularly invasive. It's strip-searching. It's body groping. As abhorrent goes, this pegs it."
Quote:
A traveler in San Diego, John Tyner, has become an Internet hero after resisting both the scan and the pat-down, telling a TSA screener: "If you touch my junk, I'm gonna have you arrested." That has helped ignite a campaign urging people to refuse such searches on Nov. 24, which immediately precedes Thanksgiving and is one of the year's busiest travel days.
Quote:
After Congress approved creation of the agency in late 2001, the TSA grew quickly from just 13 employees in January 2002 to 65,000 a year later.
Quote:
But the agency was working under what Freeman calls "an unachievable mandate." Congress demanded an agency that eliminated risk. But the risks are always changing, as terrorists devise new methods and government parries. That has led to an agency that is always in crisis mode, constantly adding new policies designed to respond to the last terror plot.
Quote:
The pushback against the body scanners and pat-downs shows the agency at its worst, Elliott said, issuing a policy that wasn't properly vetted or explained, but determined to defend it.

Growing dissatisfaction with TSA has even led some airports to consider replacing the agency with private screeners. Such a change is allowed by law, but contractor must follow all the security procedures mandated by the TSA, including body scans and pat-downs.
Quote:
Elliott said that better communication would probably win the TSA more cooperation. But the pushback suggests that a growing number of consumers, particularly frequent travelers, are questioning the premise at the heart of the agency's existence.

"I think at some point Americans said to themselves, maybe in their collective subconscious...there's a line here where it's not just worth it anymore," he said. "There's a growing sense that that line has been crossed."
To read the whole story... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40298973...liner_security

Old 11-22-2010, 12:41 AM   #27
Southern Wolf
If this dont piss you off... I dont know what will. This clip covers more than just the title. It also talks about the TSA agents groping a 16yr old girl... forcing a woman to pull out a nipple ring with pliers.... and slamming a woman to the floor.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:51 AM   #28
Southern Wolf
Moved to HELL

Old 11-22-2010, 01:06 AM   #29
Southern Wolf
You must watch!

Video from TSA that vindicates Meg!!!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #30
Dennis Hultman

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!