Peek-a-boo proves it! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
hhmoore
Peek-a-boo proves it!

A few years ago, I purchased a small group of whitesided females. 2 of them were pretty light colored, and I commented to the breeder that they looked almost like ghosts - asking if there was any chance they were. (The pattern was as atypically heavy for a ghost as the overall color was atypically light for a WS). I was told that there was absolutely no chance - that they were just pretty whitesided bulls.
I've since sold all the others from that group; but I kept those two...and this year I put one of them to the test with a DH hypo whitesided that I produced myself. I was sitting here checking a few things online, and happened to glance in the direction of the egg boxes sitting on the edge of my desk. At first it didn't click that there was a baby sitting there, lol - in my defense, I wasn't looking in the boxes, or even at them - but as my gaze returned to what I was doing that voice in my head said baby bullsnake, so I quickly looked back.
Sure enough, there was a baby whitesided bull sitting there looking at me.

I opened the box, and grabbed the camera...there's just something about hatching babies that I can't resist .
In order:
Peek-a-boo: a little whitesided taking his first look at the outside world
Spook: That white head in this clutch can only mean one thing - GHOST
Squish: A hypo - no mistaking those colors...doesn't that look uncomfortable?
Joe: as in, a normal
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
hhmoore
I just realized I have no pics of Mom
And it was actually Squish and Spook that proved it...do you think I should change the title?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
akonitony
Congratulations! Those are some nice looking pippers. I was watching King of the Hill last night and Peggy found a female bullsnake in her garden and lurned it loose. Thought that was pretty cool of Mr. Judge to put in his cartoon.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Lucas339
WOW great luck on that one!! congrats!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
hhmoore
3 ghosts, 2 whitesideds, 2 normals are out so far...
Trying to remember what I saw before I left last night...I think it's the hypo (only 1), and two more whitesideds still toying with the idea.

There's a ghost x whitesided het ghost clutch that should be getting close....but they haven't even started to dent yet.

*Edit - now that I think about it, those were the last eggs laid....so not that close. Potentially 3-4 more weeks.
The reds will be the next ones out.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
deborahbroadus
Congrats! Looks like the Ghost as almost made the decision to emerge, while the others are still contemplating their options. LoL

Old 08-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
Focal
Nice! I'm glad I clicked here, I'll be getting my first Bull tonight

Old 08-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
Lucas339
you have quite the season shaping up for mr. moore! we need to see some pics of the parents of all these clutches!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #9
DISCERN
Be sure to post pics of them after they all hatch!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!