Fat People - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-06-2004, 02:04 PM   #41
SpindleHead
Yeah I agree that the original post was pretty callous and just plain rude, not every overweight person is a "fat slob". I also agree that you shouldn't base your opinion "SOLELY" on their outward apperance. However I do believe you can make some pretty good assumptions based on outward apperance. For instance; Someone who is obviously in good shape from exercise is most likely someone who takes pride in their apperance and is willing to work hard to acheive it. Conversley, someone who appears slovenly may not take great pride in their apperance and may have self-esteem issues that may effect how they interact with others.

No one is exactly how they appear, for the most part everyone has a "dark side", some just show that side more readily than others. People can be very UGLY on the outside because they carry their attitude like a badge of honor. We have all seen someone who we are pretty sure is a criminal, etc. simply based on apperance. They may just strike you as being "unfriendly" but there is no denying that it happens.

Like I said before, being politically correct is nice, but it's not always honest.

Cordially,
Chris Marston

Old 05-06-2004, 03:19 PM   #42
j tyler
This is a SOUND OFF board. If you do not like rudeness etc., I really don't care. Posts in this section are better and more interesting if they are a little punchy. They get people thinking and mildly pissed and lead to more vibrant discussion.

As to Miss om, your petty attempt to 'insult' me is boring; try a different approach. But for your benefit allow me to contextualize my original post. A state politician in LA recently wanted to inact a law fining girls who wore suggestive clothing on the grounds that it is indecent. I had that situation in mind when I wrote that fatties are indecent. BTW, what my age is or what I look like in no way effects the indecency of fatties...learn to make a valid argument.

One more point, some of you clowns don't think judging someone by their physical appearance is 'right', but you turn around and want to judge persons by some kind of 'inner beauty'. You are still resorting to aesthetic criteria to make your judgements. This is hypocritical... judge by good inner looks(which anyone can claim they have), but judging by outer looks is some how wrong.

Old 05-06-2004, 03:32 PM   #43
Darin Chappell
The only ones getting fat off of THIS thread are the trolls.

Old 05-06-2004, 06:33 PM   #44
TurtleManiac24
I think the fact here is, JT, you can dish it but ya just can't take it. I agree, Spindle, it's not always honest to be PC. And people who take care of themselves through proper diet and exercise do deserve to "take pride in their appearance." However, they do not, in my opinion, have the right to become cocky and start putting down people just because they are overweight.
I also agree that some overweight people may have other types of issues such as self-esteem. But there are tons of anorexics and bulimics who have EXACTLY that problem. So why just point out the "fatties" and blame them?
I must agree with OM that you seem sheltered, JT. To me, you seem very ignorant. For all I know, though, you could be 50 and just really dense. But if you can't deal with our opinions you shouldn't have posted yours in the first place. Your post annoyed me and I responded. I also think that your focus on overweight WOMEN is another sign of your ignorance. And good luck to you, because when and if you DO grow out of this little "phase" of yours, you might just be the person being pointed and laughed at. Because obviously people who are not, for any reason, in PERFECT shape, are just "fat slobs" to you.
One more thing. Why can't you just ignore what we say if, in fact, what OM is saying is "boring"? Heck, I'm having fun just voicing my opinion. I don't know what you're tryin to do.

Old 05-06-2004, 07:57 PM   #45
j tyler
Your opinions do not bother me in the least. Say what you want about me. I was just saying I prefer to be insulted in a funny and original manner than the pedestrian style of Miss om. Now one more thing: If you are a fatty objecting to anti-fatties you have a serious conflict of interest in terms of your analysis. Ask yourself if you are being fair to the anti-fatties.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:04 PM   #46
TurtleManiac24
Wow, that has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard... thanks for showing me how stupid you obviously are, yes stupid, so that I shall no longer bother even reading such garbage.
One rhetorical question: Just how overweight does one have to be to be a true "fatty," I wonder???

Old 05-06-2004, 08:45 PM   #47
Sybella
Thank you for your condolences, Jennifer. I had a really hard time with the loss of the first two...I blamed myself for a couple years (insane I know...shrugs). I still miss them terribly but I'm ok with it now. The 3rd I miss too but she was so sick for so long, she needed to go and I feel relieved for her that she is no longer suffering. People are kinder to their pets! But anyway, thank you.

Theresa, that article on weight management and money is soooo true!! I have to buy boxed macaroni and cheese and generic hamburger helper to keep my kids fed...I couldn't afford the grocery bill otherwise! It's so sad when processed foods are less expensive than "real" food but that's the way it is, unfortunately. I do a lot of shopping at asian markets because I can get "real" food for less money there but I still have to go to the factory second outlets to buy the processed stuff to make it through the month.

Old 05-07-2004, 03:46 PM   #48
Python Dreams
"Just how overweight does one have to be to be a true "fatty," I wonder???"

If your 30 pounds over weight you are considered obese. Could you imagine what 30 pounds of fat looks like? I hear their is a company that sells little chunks of fat in like 5 or 10 pounds to keep people motivated to lose fat. I personally think their is nothing wrong with being 100 pounds over weight if you are happy and that is how you want to live. But outside of the few (considering how many millions are obese in our country) medical issues, you should not be given any extra considerations due to your weight and it should not surprise you when people look at you in astonishment. Being 70 or 100 pounds overweight is similar to the drunk that cannot make it to work and lives in the gutter, or the drug addict with the needle in his arm. It is freakish, and quite hideous to look at any of these... When discussing issues of fat people always try and hide the actual topic by talking about peronality. Are they related?
Tom Baker

Old 05-07-2004, 04:41 PM   #49
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally posted by Sybella
Theresa, that article on weight management and money is soooo true!! I have to buy boxed macaroni and cheese and generic hamburger helper to keep my kids fed...I couldn't afford the grocery bill otherwise! It's so sad when processed foods are less expensive than "real" food but that's the way it is, unfortunately. I do a lot of shopping at asian markets because I can get "real" food for less money there but I still have to go to the factory second outlets to buy the processed stuff to make it through the month.
So if feeding your kids better food meant giving up all your herps, could you do it?

Old 05-07-2004, 04:53 PM   #50
Sybella
30 pounds is NOT obese! LOL!

Look at this chart:

http://www.1is2fat.com/weight_chart.htm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!