Fat People - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-15-2004, 11:22 PM   #61
RedQuake
Thanks Sybella, i needed to hear or umm read that tonight. Its been a crapy day. Going to have to start my own Sound Off post i think.......

Thanks again
Red

Old 06-25-2004, 12:08 AM   #62
Golden Gate Geckos
the eye of the beholder...

I am a fat woman.... 5'6" and close to 200 pounds, disabled, and have a disease called AITDS, or auto-immune thyroid disorder syndrome (among other things). The only time in my life I was ever thin, was when I was on chemotherapy myself at the same time my mother was dying of breast cancer. I was also going through a horrible corporate lawsuit, and my first husband had left me for a 22 year old after I had given birth to twin boys that both died. I was stressed beyond human boundaries, but I could hang my purse on my hip-bone, and there was a 4" space between my legs!!! It was the first time in my life I ever felt that I actually was physically socially acceptable. I weighed 108 lbs, and wore a size 3. Once I was through with treatment, I had to work out for 2-3 hours a day, 6 days a week, and only eat one meal every-other-day in order to maintain a size 8. I wear a size 16 now.

We are victims of society's brain-washing campaign that you must be young, thin, and beautiful in order to be socially adequate. Every time you look at a magazine or watch a TV commercial, it is crammed down our throats that in order to be 'sexy,' we must be young and thin... we must eat Dannon yogurt, or buy a Bowflex. In today's Western Society, women are not encouraged to feel good about themselves unless they fit into a size 6. Americans judge each other by physical and social status, and as a general rule do not foster self-esteem otherwise.

But, it seems to be a cultural issue more than anything else. There are societies, both past and present, that worshipped the bodies of women who by today's standards were 'fat.' When I walk down the mall (when I can walk), black men take a second look! In many cultures, having a wife that is 'fat' gives a man social status. It means that he is affluent enough to feed his family well. Polynesians are genetically fat people, and it's not from eating McDonalds... heck, they eat fish and fresh fruits!!!

People like j. tyler are most likely sexually motivated. They judge people by the "erection scale," and couldn't care less about what kind of person you are, what your values are, what kind of music you like, what kinds of books you like to read, or do you believe in God. Anything less than young, thin, and beautiful is contemptible... sub-human. Personally, I think that's a real shame... not just because I am a fat woman, but because of all of the quality human beings he is cheating himself out of knowing because they are not in his "ideal" image of physical acceptability.

Just remember this... You can waste your whole life looking for the "perfect" woman, and if you are lucky enough to find her, she will most likely be looking for the perfect man... and you aren't him!

Old 06-25-2004, 06:42 AM   #63
j tyler
So what are you saying? That it's great to have a culture that values and worships obese women...you, but a society that values a woman with normal weight is brainwashed. Right. The fact is that some people are unattractive and they cannot accept it. You want to be thought of as beautiful and if anyone disagrees they are the ones with problems. Sounds like self-deception.

Old 06-25-2004, 04:11 PM   #64
Golden Gate Geckos
well...

Quote:
but a society that values a woman with normal weight is brainwashed. Right.
What I am trying to say is, different societies have different definitions of what "normal" is, and western culture is brainwashed into believing that to be socially acceptable, you must be young, thin, and beautiful.
Quote:
You want to be thought of as beautiful and if anyone disagrees they are the ones with problems.
Exactly! Just because a woman like me doesn't give you an instant erection, doesn't mean that all societies feel that way... only the ones that are narrow minded enough to 'buy in' to the fantasy that women are supposed to look like Penthouse Pets or Vogue models.

Old 06-25-2004, 04:47 PM   #65
j tyler
Your sloppy logic is charming. Maybe it's the other 'societies' that are brainwashed. And BTW which societies are you talking about? And where do you get this 'instant erection' nonsense from? My quess is that you have tried to give some serious thought to this issue and the result is an absurd fantasy. I do think a woman can be tubby, chubby or plump and be extremely beautiful and alluring. I have refering to those mamals that are grossly obese and can barely waddle down the street. If you or anyone else thinks these massive tubs of lard are attractive and not an eyesore then I would suggest that you have a mild perversion at best.

Old 06-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #66
RedQuake
James Tyler, mind your words, those "massive tubs of lard" are human beings and DEMAND no less respect than anyone else.

Have you stopped for a second to use your brain and THINK about why they are like that????? NOT all people are just slobs who don't care and those who do most likely have a psychological reason for it.

Physical/medical issues can cause such extreme weight such as thyroid problems. They are trapped by the restraints of their own body and should not be riduculed but commended for surviving in a cruel world with people like YOU!

Others who have weight issues might also be inflicted with emotional, psychological problems that apparently you have no compassion for. When all hope is lost, comfort can be found in many places. Some turn to drinking, others drugs, and more so people eat. Thanks, but if i had the option of chosing a fat person or a drunk behind the wheel of a car i'd chose the fat person every time! They too are trapped within their minds and should not be ridiculed.

And then theres woman like ME.........a woman who has turned the heads of men, a woman who was once skinny and pretty according to your standards..............a woman who was then RAPED. Ya think for a second i wanted to be a woman who got the attention of men??????? Hell NO!!!!!!!! My depresssion from that lead me to find comfort in food rather than a gun to the head which many times i considered. I'm now 30lbs overweifght and i don't turn heads.......doesn't mean i won't be raped again but at least i don't have men gocking like i once did.

Instead of judging people at face value why don't you first consider they might have problems you can't comprehend and then put yourself in their shoes, to be harrassed and put down like you are doing now. I think if i saw what you looked like i could cut you up pretty bad, but i wouldn't stoop that low.

Red

Old 06-25-2004, 11:25 PM   #67
Sybella
Marcia, Red...Don't let him get to you.

He'll understand when he isn't at 100% anymore...things will be very different when his body starts failing him.

Some people just take longer than others.

Old 06-26-2004, 07:15 AM   #68
RedQuake
Your right Sybella. What goes around comes around. I just can't believe his attitude, people deserve better than that.

Red

Old 06-26-2004, 08:56 AM   #69
j tyler
"What goes around comes around"...Hmmm, are you admitting that you did something to bring all that abuse on yourself? Are you saying that fatties are being punished because of their bad karma? I just love your sloppy logic.

Old 06-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #70
Golden Gate Geckos
he's not getting to me... lol!!!

Quote:
And where do you get this 'instant erection' nonsense from?
I got it from statements like the following:
Quote:
If you or anyone else thinks these massive tubs of lard are attractive and not an eyesore then I would suggest that you have a mild perversion at best.
It sounds like you are seeing these people as "attractive" or "unattractive" based on their affect on you as sex objects. Suggesting that I would have a mild 'perversion' is just plain laughable!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!