The Formation of Exclusive Cliques... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-25-2004, 05:41 PM   #31
robin d.
Quote:
Given the obvious refusal to acknowledge that it's only respectful of Rich to follow the rules he has set forth
you are in direct of a new rule in which rich set, which limits the amount of lines in our signature to 4... you exceed this yours is 5 so boo frickondy hoo...... narc... i guess whats good for the goose isnt nessisarily good for the gander.......

Old 08-25-2004, 05:45 PM   #32
robin d.
that shgould read in direct violation

Old 08-25-2004, 06:18 PM   #33
Golden Gate Geckos
Gimme a Break!!!

Quote:
...greater numbers of warning points are issued as successive punishments.
Seamus, you are one of Fauna's biggest blatant and deliberate violators of the "few rules that Rich has chosen to apply to his website", or havent you counted all of YOUR own points lately?
Quote:
Given the obvious refusal to acknowledge that it's only respectful of Rich to follow the rules he has set forth...
Since when have you acquired such a great respect for Rich and his rules? Or did all those points just come out of nowhere? I find it extremely difficult to take you as seriously as you obviously take yourself.
Quote:
The moderator team has always shown excellent judgement about such matters and has demonstrated that they can clearly determine an innocent mistake from a punishable incident...
And since Seamus has accumulated so many points assumingly without the benefit of reporting them to the moderators himself, I would say that they are doing a fine job moderating the forums on their own!

Old 08-25-2004, 06:38 PM   #34
robin d.
oh lets not talk points.... all mine were well earned except thje last threeit was sorta a shock but whatever...... i may not have as many points as seamus buti have blatantly broken the rules (knowning i would get points even before i hit submit)

Old 08-25-2004, 07:24 PM   #35
Seamus Haley
Uhh... Robin...

Quote:
"Genes, like Leibnitz's monads, have no windows; the higher properties of life are emergent... And once assembled, organisms have no windows." - Edward Wilson, Sociobiology
"Trust me, Randy knows what he's talking about." -Ian
Is four lines.

It's been four lines for a good month or so now, since I was made aware of the lower limit and removed my name from the signature line, assuming that having it as a login handle worked...

Yours however doesn't seem to be four lines.

Quote:
Seamus, you are one of Fauna's biggest blatant and deliberate violators of the "few rules that Rich has chosen to apply to his website", or havent you counted all of YOUR own points lately?
Over the course of time, they have accumulated a bit, yup. I've also been a registered member since 2002. If one looks at the RATE of point violations, I'm not actually all *that* terrible.

The issue is still neither here nor there... Pointing out my violations of the rules doesn't somehow excuse the violations of others. I have explained why these threads started in an inappropriate forum are damaging to the site, why they are negative and have even explained the easy ways of sharing a thread with whoever you want while respecting Rich's site (Incidentally, since we want to compare such things, I have disrespected a few of Rich's members but never Rich himself or the website).

I'm not sure if any of "you" realize it or not but many of the actions that some are taking in direct response to this thread and my views are the quickest way to cause the moderators to really be forced to crack down. Rather than looking at the situation and deciding to be a little more careful about topical posts so the entire thing goes away, some of you are starting additional off topic threads. Pushing the mods against a wall may not be the best way to encourage a positive solution, eh? The more flagrantly the rules are broken, the sooner Rich and his moderation team are forced to make some decisions as it escalates out of control. Given that he created the rule to begin with but enforcement has been somewhat lax because it was not previously considered serious, do you really want to make it serious and force their hands?

By all means, go for it. If they start retroactively applying points for off topic thread creation there are a few who're arguing with me who's point totals will quickly surpass mine.

Old 08-25-2004, 07:36 PM   #36
Gary O
I do not mean to jump in here and get off subject but then again it isn't off suject.

Why does everyone attack Seamus and think he is such a bad guy. Seamus is smart and he puts a lot of thought in his posts. You always know where Seamus stands on something. More then I can say for many other people..........

I have never had a problem with Seamus. Who cares if he has points or doesn't. Seamus knows his stuff and is quick to help others. Some take his posts as personal attacks on them but they are not.

I just see people trying to put Seamus down for no reason. Are these people trying to bait him? Not sure........................

Old 08-25-2004, 07:45 PM   #37
robin d.
this is what it looks like on my screen

Quote:
"Genes, like Leibnitz's monads, have no windows; the higher properties of life are emergent... And once
assembled, organisms have no windows." - Edward
Wilson, Sociobiology
"Trust me, Randy knows what he's talking about." -Ian
i see five lines... and i added a few to my signature just to make a point so, boo frickon hoo

Old 08-25-2004, 07:58 PM   #38
Golden Gate Geckos
AWWWW!!!

Poor Seamus! The way I personally pick on Seamus pales in comparison to the methods he has used to pick on me! LOL!!! I'm sure he can take it... he sure can dish it! As far as how many points he has, it's not so much the number as much as the reason he got them. If you get bored, take a look at all of his points and the corresponding threads where he earned them... perhaps then you will know why we are "picking on him for no good reason."
Quote:
Seamus knows his stuff and is quick to help others. Some take his posts as personal attacks on them but they are not.
Being intelligent and being wise are two separate things. I have never had the honor of seeing where Seamus has helped anyone but himself, and his personal attacks against some forum members has been VERY personal.

Gary O, if you can show me a thread where Seamus actually helped someone without personally attacking them, please find it and post the link!

Old 08-25-2004, 08:00 PM   #39
jenn_jeffery
Just for note, I only see 4 lines in the sig place for Seamus...I think it depends on the resolution your monitor is set at.

Old 08-25-2004, 08:16 PM   #40
Golden Gate Geckos
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

This is TOOOOO funny!!! Chad posted and OT post on the Leopard Gecko Forum regarding Bearded Dragons. Seamus posted an OT post on that thread regarding OT posts!!!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=46083

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!