image space quota? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
Bringerofdoom
image space quota?

did this just happen overnight or something? i went to attach a image and it said i was 2.14 mb over my limit and i couldnt attach another image. Is there a way to get more space? or is it now limited to a 1 meg?

Old 01-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
WebSlave
It happened a short while ago. Two reasons:
(1) I needed to give people incentive to go back and delete old ads that had images attached to them,
and
(2) I needed another perk for Contributors to give people incentive to ante up for that as well.

Contributors get 5 meg of attachment space.

Now I realize that this could get to be a problem if people go over the limit on photos they post within the discussion forums, because there is no way for them to delete those attachments. Not sure what to do about that one. But this might just turn out to be another one of my bad ideas.

If enough people hate it, then I will just can this idea. Depends on how many people really use the discussion forums enough to notice, I guess.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:41 PM   #3
Bringerofdoom
ok, sounds like a good idea. But if i was to contribute i would only have 1.75 megs left to attach files to (im at about 3.25 megs). i went a little file attach crazy, before that limit was added.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:58 PM   #4
Sasheena
What i like is the new photo gallery.... I upload my photos there, and link to them instead of attaching them. When whatever post has faded into the woodwork I might later delete the photo... leaving a little red x, but then I would have that file space again.

Still a pretty good deal though. I like having room to post my photos here, but for those who still are on dialup, I try to keep file sizes small.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:23 AM   #5
WebSlave
Just seems that there is no perfect system. Every time I think about something that would be interesting or useful, I have to compromise about something. Well, with the new server I will be getting soon, I will have more hard drive space. So maybe I will increase those limits somewhat for everyone. Hmm, wish there was a way to point that new photo gallery to an entirely different server to store the photos. That could come in handy somewhere down the road if it gets REALLY used by everyone here. Storage for the photo gallery is already at 47 megabytes, and it hasn't been up all that long.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!