The easiest melamine rack you will ever put together - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2005, 07:29 PM   #1
The BoidSmith
The easiest melamine rack you will ever put together

One of the problems with melamine racks is their weight. Anyone that has had to move them around knows what I'm talking about. Trying to find a solution to this I figured there was no need to glue the shelves together. First I purchased the tubs that I was going to need. I then measured their height, in my case I was using 6 2/4”. I went to a “Dot it Center” (Menards will also do it for you) and bought three 2’ long and 2” thick boards, cut to exactly 6 3/4” for each shelf that I needed plus the 2 x 4 melamine boards. Six concrete blocks (13” height on the side) made the base for the rack. I positioned the blocks two in each extreme and two in the middle (to bear the weight evenly). The first shelf goes on top, on top of that one the three 2’ boards on their side, on top another 2 x 4 board and so one. The weight of the boards is more than enough to maintain everything in place. In my case the room is heated plus flexwatt runs against the back wall. It took me exactly two hours from start to finish. The beauty is that I was able to put it out myself with no help needed and I will be able to assemble and disassemble as needed. It really works!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!