A Holes on Parade - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #81
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
My point was that SOMETIMES, SOME high rep people here behave like jerks, IMO. I've seen many civil, pleasant posts by these folks, also. If that is not your opinion, then I guess we have to agree to disagree.
Now that would have been a better topic to start a thread on under your own name instead of this one.

Old 05-01-2005, 03:16 PM   #82
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
The personal attacks directed at Wes, well, I must admit I just couldn't resist. He is so disrespectful and nasty, I was overwhelmed by the impulse to jerk his bobber a little. I will offer a sincere apology if he will. Ritchie
Hey poundpuppy, did it ever occur to you that whilst you were playing "jerk his bobber" that I was giving you rope? Hmmmmmm, probably not.

Who is now known to LIE here, you or I?

Who is NOT able to voice his opinion as himself because he is AFRAID of what others will think of him, you or I?

Who thinks he's smarter than most of the Faithful Fauna Readers, you or I?

Who is OBVIOUSLY NOT smarter than most of the Faithful Fauna Readers, you or I?

There is only ONE correct answer and, just so you get it right this time I'll tell you what it is.

YOU.

While YOU have done things for which YOU should appologize, I have not.

14.5 was far to generous.

Old 05-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #83
jsrocket
Well, I guess only time will answer all those questions

Old 05-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #84
jsrocket
There is just one of the above questions I want to address. I do not think I'm smarter than anybody. Should have never even brought that thing up. It invariably leads to rhetorical questions like, "Well, if you're so smart, then why....................".

I have done as many stupid things as the next guy. I have locked my keys in my car, forgotten my anniversary, misspelled words, run out of gas because I wasn't paying attention to the gauge, and run through the house naked and dripping wet, because I forgot to put a towel outside the shower.

I have enjoyed many positive exchanges with some of the members here, and if you read my other posts, I hope you can see that.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:49 PM   #85
robin d.
Quote:
3) Really, dude, with the IQ you say you have, you should know better to attack people, bait them, call them names, call them jerks.
lucile,
having a high IQ means nothing.. it only means your brain works at high levels and has a better capability. by testing done on me throughout my whole life... they tell me i have an extremely high IQ way above even "normal" high IQ's but it doesnt mean crap.. it's how you use what you have. i went to college, did not finish nor get my degree (oh and i have this oh so high IQ). it's just a number. almost anyone can get a degree if they put there mind to it... it is not about intelegence but about the way the brain works... now you choso to use what have been given to you (lets say a high IQ) it might make it easier (so basically its not what you have but how use use it) ... i mean look at einstien brilliant mathmatian but had no social skills or street smarts and practically bordered on insanity. i saw a program on tv about an autistic man... he has one of the highest Iq's in the world but is at about a 4 year olds level (its the guy rainman was made after but i can remember his name)
look at my posts.. oh i have been known to call people much worse things than jerks and many times, but i take responsibility of my words and use no excuses. Look at my typing LOL and grmmar and even punctuation but these people still say i have this very high IQ and want me to be in all those smarty groups... its all just a number

Old 05-02-2005, 12:10 AM   #86
Lucille
Robin I was being facetious......

Old 05-02-2005, 02:02 AM   #87
robin d.
... it didn't seem as though, lucille

Old 05-02-2005, 05:44 AM   #88
DAND
Intelligence is one thing, while common sense is another. Like Robin said having a high IQ doesn't mean much, especially if one doesn't use it properly. Just because you have a fast car doesn't mean you can always go fast. (i.e. I knew of this head of a department who was on CNN when the whole cloning of the sheep was going on. This guy could probably clone a sheep but couldn't make a pot of coffee).

Old 05-02-2005, 06:41 AM   #89
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
... it didn't seem as though, lucille
Look again, then: This guy boasted about his IQ and then went on to bait Wes and taunt others on the board, that is REALLY not a smart thing to do.
But, perhaps it is your point (and mine) that no matter HOW high the numbers are, there are no guarantees as to actual behavior.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:44 AM   #90
robin d.
i cant clone a sheep or make a pot of coffee (well i can but i dont LOL... i dont know how much to put in per cup.. have to ask hubby) i personally dont go for coffe i prefer the much harder stuff mt. dew the drink of the universe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!