Recent things that are really annoying... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 12:25 PM   #61
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
I got stuff to do today so i wont be able to answer all of you untill later on today
I dont mind anybody thinking I'm a biggot after reading this it kind of seems that way...lol
But i try to be openminded as much as i can
However any way i look at it i come to the same conclusion based on my collective knowledge and experience with the Homosexual kind
My educated oppinion is that Homosexuality is an illness at the very least it is a physchological imbalance
maybe gay rights are a good thing if they are allowed out of the closet they wont try to hide their ailments and breed
If they dont breed there eventually will be none that is to say if its not a learned behavior and they are born that way
I guess i was wrong yet again gays should be allowed to marry it also takes children out of the equation
ROFLMAO

I'll let most of that go - but what I'm laughing at is talking about homosexuals breeding. They can't breed. Yet they are still around. Hummmmmm.

I will give you this - there may be a chemical imbalance present from birth that causes the same sex to appear desireable, rather than the opposite sex. This doesn't mean it's an illness. It means they are what they are, someone didn't make them gay.

This isn't the way I view it - but here's a little food for thought. Think of it as nature's birth control for the whole population. I've seen studies done on mice where as the population explodes, so do things like "murder". They even have homosexual mice pop up. Who made that mouse gay? No one - it was born that way. Why was it born that way? Because the population is out of control, and a homosexual is an effective non-breeder. They are doing their part to help keep the whole species healthy. If everyone were to keep breeding in an overpopulated situation, they would use up all resources and the whole species would eventually die. If anything - that is a good thing, not evil or disgusting.

Lesson of the story:

Homosexuals can't breed. No one can make a homosexual. They aren't evil - just different.

People who are gay can be fantastic parents - but they will never procreate without help from the opposite sex. There are many, many gay couples who have raised perfectly happy and healthy straight children they have adopted.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:29 PM   #62
nicolai
yes Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Nicholas,

Those are numbers of people who will openly admit it and as such are likely an under-representation by a substantial multiple. After all, there are a lot of people around who believe they are "mentally ill deviants".
I know Jim..I am just trying to keep this thread focused on the facts. It kills me that anyone could think that homoseuality is a illness even with all the medical and psychological studies that have been done. People that are homosexual and are not going to be turned or changed or cured. I just emailed one of my friends about this thread who is also into reptiles and is "gay" and happens to be a vascular surgeon so he can hopefully enlighten a few people with facts not stories and mythical beliefs.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #63
A_Kendergirl
That would be fantastic Nicholas.

I know the hard statistical data for the percentage of homosexuality is much lower. But I do remember seeing an estimated "correct" percentage of around 10% if EVERY homosexual said they are homosexual and didn't hide it. And really, who can blame them for wanting to hide it? It takes a lot of strength to be openly gay in this society.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:39 PM   #64
Jim O
I also had friends in medicine that are gay. One of my closest friends in medical school is now a gay anesthesiologist in New York City. Hard to imagine I know. Sadly, he is not into herps.

I remember when he told me and how hard it was for him. Funny thing was that he thought he had it well hidden when in fact I had suspected it for years (he told me about a year after I graduated and I had known him since before the first class). The "clues" were there but since it really was none of my business I had never asked. When he told me he was relieved that I didn't disown him. As if.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #65
Jim O
Shanti,

You are correct. 10% is the estimated "real" percentage that is often quoted, or at least was when I was in medical school.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #66
Dennis1
Deleted

Old 09-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #67
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Kendergirl

Lesson of the story:

Homosexuals can't breed.
Incorrect lesson. Gay people can, and often do, have children,(we talk of people having children, we do not often use the verb breed to refer to people) just not with each other. They pass along genetic material to their children just as we all do.

Old 09-11-2005, 01:00 PM   #68
kiote9
Quote:
Who you callin' a bleeding heart?...lol
I also feel that there seems to be too much government intrusion
The basic ideas seem well enough but when does it stop?When they regulate everything and everyone?
For every person who has the opinion that there is too much government intrusion there is another person who feels there is not enough.

Quote:
Im not taking that chance
they should keep it to their selves and quit telling everyone about their sexual devience
Thats all i got to say bout that
Honestly Dennis, I'm not picking on you, just using your words.

There is someone out there who thinks YOU are a sexual deviant, too. I guarantee it.

Quote:
not true they could send the mesage to impressionable children and far leftests that its o.k. to be gay
However most of the time they just molest them
Dennis, I know what this means. Is isn't gay people who do this. This is NOT a homosexual act. Pedophilia is an altogether different beast. Men who do things to little boys are not gay. (I have little boys....and a gun. No man is beyond suspicision as far as my kids go.)

(accidentally hit submit....only up to page 4)

Old 09-11-2005, 01:45 PM   #69
kiote9
OMG,

I am sorry I ever started replying to this.

Once I started really getting into this thread I realized the futility of voicing any opinion. Everyone is right, everyone is wrong. People believe what they will for whatever reason they do.

Jim O, I really wish I could sit down with you somewhere and talk. I would love to understand your point of view...not necessarily to agree just to understand.

Dennis, you have a right to your opinion, but I disagree with you. You live in the same state that I do and I would like to meet you someday, maybe at a show? but I don't think we ever would have had a conversation that included your personal views to the depth this thread has gone. I hold nothing against you, please forgive me for voicing my opinion based on your words.

Gee I am glad for the unsubscribe feature.

See some of you in **HELL** or on the Recreational Debate, where the fights are for fun as far as everyone else knows....

Old 09-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #70
Lucille
[quote=kiote9]OMG,

I am sorry I ever started replying to this.

QUOTE]

... quit it Shelly; never be sorry for your words. You are interesting, and many more that the parties you are actually replying to, read and think about what you say. You have a refreshing perspective, and a good mind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread