For Sale Cornsnake (and others) collection - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
Javen
Unhappy Cornsnake (and others) collection

Hello...
As with many of us, financial problems have fallen on me as well. Among a lot of other things I've had to cut out of my budget, my budding snake-breeding collection is going to have to go. We've downgraded to a smaller apartment and just really don't have the space, time and resources any longer.
I bought most of these as babies, and most I'd never gotten to breed. They are all very great snakes, and I didn't have too many to not consider each my pet.

I have not shipped anything before, but I'm willing to try it with these guys (along with the help of reptilesexpress.com). It might take a little longer though, after the payments go through.

As I bought many snakes before ever getting a lot of experience with keeping records, I'm afraid I don't know the exact birth dates of many of them either.
I live in Omro, Wisconsin, and my name is Jennifer Zimmerman. I do not need other snakes, so I will not accept trades, I'm sorry. As well, I'll be happy to take as many pictures of a requested snake as you like.

ALL PRICES ARE NOT FIRM. It's been a while since I've bought snakes so I'm not sure what the market's like. My prices are only slightly higher than what I've paid for them, but I'm looking for best offers being as I really need the money.

CORNSNAKES for sale:

Dragon (thumbnail/main pic)- Adult Female Ultramel (het Anerythristic) - She is the largest of my collection (hatched in 2008?), and I believe that she's traded several hands before reaching me. I did make a note that she was originally from SMR. She is usually a great eater, but every once in a while decides she'll only go for live. She's always switched back though. Very sweet and docile, proven breeder.
$80

Hando- Adult Male Bloodred/Diffused (het Charcoal, poss.het Hypo) - My largest male, Hando has always been a great guy, but somewhat cranky. He's never stuck at me, but gets rattly every once in a while. Eats well.
$60

Sable-Yearling Male Charcoal (het Bloodred) - Sable eats great but has never seemed to grow much. He had a rough start as a non-feeder until I started to give him anoles, but hasn't had a problem since. Originally from SMR.
$30

Sparks- (last pic) Adult Male Ghost (Hypo, Anery, het Stripe, Amel) - This guy is awesome. He's a very classic-looking ghost and though he's a dainty eater, he makes up for it with his breeding capacity. Great genetics. Proven Breeder.
SOLD

Stormy (2nd pic) - near-adult Female Lavender (Poss.het Bloodred, Charcoal) - Stormy is absolutely lovely, with a light purple color and dark dark eyes. She's very sweet, and has a small blank stripe through her belly checkers. Hint of her bloodred heritage?
SOLD

SAND BOAS for sale:

Two medium sized Anerythristic sand boas, male and female. Unsure of the age, but I can weigh them on request. Good eaters. $100 for the pair.

TAKE THEM ALL (remaining corns) for $150 ($200 shipped), add the sand boas for $250 shipped.

Please email me at heartofbone@hotmail.com. Inquire on which snake you're interested in and I will provide pictures and weights. (all the pics I have for them right now are from when they were babies) This weekend I will be borrowing a camera and getting shots of them when I am able, I just wanted to get this ad out asap.

Thank you for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n701316225_1803627_9076.jpg (45.0 KB, 620 views)
File Type: jpg Storm.jpg (94.4 KB, 607 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-08-04 10.21.31.jpg (296.6 KB, 398 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-08-04 10.33.13.jpg (284.3 KB, 376 views)
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Em Wright
This confuses me...

"Sparks- Adult Male Ghost (het Hypo, Anery, poss.het Stripe, Amel)"

I saw something similar in another ad so maybe it's just ignorance on my part... But can an animal be homo and het for the same genes?? If it's a Ghost (which is a Hypo Anery) then can it be het Ghost as well?

The way I understand genetics... In order for a snake to be homozygous it must have two copies of a particular gene. If it only has one copy of that gene it is heterozygous and the gene will not show through on the snake's coloration. So is it possible for them to be "Ghost het Hypo, Anery" and have three copies of the genes? Two as homo and one as het.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help clear this up for me. :-/

EDIT:

Oh and for the record I have seen people who will list snakes like this:

Anery het Snow instead of saying Anery het Amel. This is not what I'm talking about.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Javen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
This confuses me...

"Sparks- Adult Male Ghost (het Hypo, Anery, poss.het Stripe, Amel)"

I saw something similar in another ad so maybe it's just ignorance on my part... But can an animal be homo and het for the same genes?? If it's a Ghost (which is a Hypo Anery) then can it be het Ghost as well?

The way I understand genetics... In order for a snake to be homozygous it must have two copies of a particular gene. If it only has one copy of that gene it is heterozygous and the gene will not show through on the snake's coloration. So is it possible for them to be "Ghost het Hypo, Anery" and have three copies of the genes? Two as homo and one as het.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help clear this up for me. :-/

EDIT:

Oh and for the record I have seen people who will list snakes like this:

Anery het Snow instead of saying Anery het Amel. This is not what I'm talking about.
Gah! Sorry about that. This was a typo on my part. I've cleared it up! (Sorry. Was rather late when I made the post. Thanks for pointing it out for me.)
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
Em Wright
Oh all right. I wasn't sure. I'm still learning genetics, though I have a basic idea of how things work and how to combine Red and Blue to make Purple so to speak. But some things I do not know and am still learning.

Thanks for clearing it up!!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
Javen
bump please
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-04-2010, 01:32 AM   #6
Javen

Bump?
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #7
Javen
EDIT: I'm now willing to ship these guys, if the buyer doesn't mind waiting a bit.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
Javen
Bump?
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #9
Javen
Ghost is sold!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
Javen
To the top
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bloodred, ghost, lavender, sand boa, ultramel