Parthenogenic geckos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #1
MeadCountyRats
Parthenogenic geckos

I've recently found out about other parthenogenic geckos, other than mourning geckos, and was curious to see if anyone worked with them?

I'm interested in something I have read, about mourning geckos being a hybrid is this true, or would intergrade be a more proper word? If so it would be interesting to find out how parthenogenesis came about, when sterilization normally occurs.

I'd love to start keeping a few species in a naturalistic set up, observing them, taking notes, and studying their social interactions.

Does anyone know of any producers?

Must be a member here in good standing, great feedback and positive reviews as I am nervous doing transactions online.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
odduc748
Rhacodactylus Leachianus will occasionally lay parthenogenic eggs.

I don't know anything of mourning geckos.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:35 AM   #3
James L
Mourning Geckos - Lepidodactylus lugubrious is by far one of the easiest reptiles to produce in captivity. All you need is one! There alot of fun to house also. There fond of live plants and driftwood. No special lighting is required. A cfl day bulb is more then fine. I started off with 1 one month old Lepidodactylus about 2+ years ago and have easily produce 40+ eggs from original female and the offspring she produced. There well worth the few dollars they cost. Also there very chatty little dudes. Constantly talking away to each other. Even at a young age. Feeding heavily gutloaded crickets and a respashy mpr diet mix with babyfood and you'll get eggs as soon as 9 months of age. Housing can easily be done in kritter keepers. Mid 70s to about 90 are the best temps.
If any body out there has the heavily marked Hawaiian forms, please contact me. Desperately looking! Oh also, they can live many years. I read somewhere a person had one for 17 years before it escaped.
Also Hemiphyllodactylus typus is a lot fun too! I'm new to this species but it has also proven to be a fast producer. It's a much smaller species then lepidodactylus but care is about the same as morns but on a smaller scale. I also keep them on the more humid side. Same lighting and diet. The major plus with this species is there eggs are not glued and can be easily removed. Care for babies should be more like an arboreal sphaerodactylus like elegans. There pretty tiny. Mason or other canning jars with screen lids work best for raising single or double youngsters. If any one has any questions feel free to contact and ask away!
I produce mourning Geckos regularly so if your looking for any, Contact me. My gene pool came from a herp shop in Paris France so not the same bland ones that are always around.
Thanks and hope this helped!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!