Hatching Time! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #21
jguyer1
You get an Outcross Bloodred anytime that you breed a Bloodred to anything else. Basically, think of it as a visible het.....many of them are missing a strip of bally pattern, most of them grow to be a higher red in color than your typical Normal. You can see the Bloodred influence in them.

The clutch from my Silverqueen has been hatching. I bred her to one of the Ghosts from my own line.

The babies are coming out looking just Anerytheristic. I'm going to have to wait until they shed a couple of times to see what their colors are going to do and if the Hypomelanism comes out. If they stay just Anery and no Hypo is visible then doesn't that mean that I bred two different forms of Hypomelanism together?

I'm afraid that I may have taken my Ghost line a step backwards with this project but we'll have to wait and see.

Also, the second clutch of the Lavender Motley project has begun to hatch.

You can see a Lavender head poking out over on the right.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #22
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguyer1 View Post
You get an Outcross Bloodred anytime that you breed a Bloodred to anything else. Basically, think of it as a visible het.....many of them are missing a strip of bally pattern, most of them grow to be a higher red in color than your typical Normal. You can see the Bloodred influence in them.
Thats for that bit of info. I hatched out some het bloods this last summer. Their were a few that fit your description. One of them even had that "skull" head pattern.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #23
jguyer1
The Amel X Bloodred clutch has started hatching. This is the start of a two generation process to make Fires.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #24
jguyer1
I sorted out 12 babies from 13 eggs from the Silverqueen clutch. They all came out Anery and I bred Ghost to Ghost so it would appear that I've got two different forms of Hypomelanism going on. It's going to take some breeding trials to figure this one out.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #25
jguyer1
I'm a bit behind on all of my internet activities due to having to take time to work on my water pump in my well. Not having running water kind of sucked. So that's why these are being posted a bit on the late side.

The second clutch of the Lavender Motley project finished hatching. Here's a baby pile of a couple of Lavender mots, a couple of Lavenders, Mots, and Normals:

And also here is a baby pile of het Fires:

Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #26
jguyer1
And we saved the best for last....well until the doubleclutches start hatching next month anyway.

These are younger full siblings to the first clutch I ever hatched. There be Hypos, Anerys, Normals, and Ghosts in this one.

Haven't seen any of the Ghosts pop out yet, but they'll be in there.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #27
jguyer1
Here's a bit more of that clutch popping open

Introducing the 2009 Guyer Ghost

Old 09-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #28
jguyer1
Here's some baby pile shots of my favorite clutch:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!