Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 93 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #921
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
I'm curious about something. Let's say Ashley makes the decision to put down all of her snakes and destroy all equipment, except maybe she keeps a couple of boas that seem ok, symptom free, as pets only.

She stays out of the reptile hobby and off of the forums for a couple of years. Then she decides to make a comeback and get back into boas again.

How would you guys feel about that?
Maybe this is just me, but this seems to be some sort of sarcastic referral to me and my experience. FYI, I did not keep any pets. The two that I decided to hang onto at first, were euthanized just a couple months after the rest. It has been 2 years since then and I have nothing left from that time period. Feel free to read the last few posts of my BOI thread and the thread in the ball python forums.

If this wasn't directed at me, then I apologize. My response would be that I still would not buy from or support anyone else buying from Ashley. Especially not with Boas and the suspect being IBD, knowing that boas can harbor it asymptomatically for who knows how long.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #922
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBoas View Post
. This is beyond her collection just having IBD. She has done nothing but lie and I would never trust her to be honest about anything again. If she were to start back up again, she wouldn't change her ways because she doesn't believe she did anything wrong. The same thing would end up happening again, only, we wouldn't know about it this time because she wouldn't leave evidence everywhere.
I agree, in fact when this started Ashley stated she learned a valuable lesson: "Be careful what you post online"
NOT: "Be sure to quarantine"

Unfortunately this has gone from the POSSIBILITY of IBD to the VERY REAL FACTS that Ashley has

A) Lied about her quarantine and basic husbandry

B) Listed snakes for sale on a CAR FORUM 2 days AFTER she received the necropsy indicating IBD..

C) Lied to Chuck Kimmel & others in regards to "not selling" any snakes after the IBD report

D) Deceived people in regards to how many deaths she had..Stated she had 3, when in fact there were at LEAST 4 that occurred AFTER the IBD report

E) Failed to provide proof of testing on other deceased animals

F) Lied about health of animals
(the retic she got that developed "severe mouth rot, lesions & RI" but was listed as "healthy" in an ad posted less than 10days later)

G) Lied about breeding of animals
(retic she claimed was a 5x breeder when it was 2x according to previous owner, it would have had to have bred 2x in a period of less than 10days w/ a "severe mouth rot, RI & lesions")

H) "Flipped" snakes: purchased/received cheap/free snakes and turned around and sold them as long term captives, healthy, etc when in fact, she didn't know their history

I) Abuse and neglect of other animals: the dog she hit for chewing up the couch, the geckos she left out where a cat could get to them, the cats she's locked in a bathroom because they knocked a coffee mug off the counter, the rabbits she didn't bother to feed/water and they died

J) Complete disregard for her customers, still she has YET to notify individuals of potential problems

K) Complete disregard for the hobby and animals involved

L) Blamed other people for her problems (had a bad home life)

M) Had chronic mites over the period of 2 years. Kyle's snakes had mites for an extended period of time, and I feel pretty confident in saying they DID NOT have mites PRIOR to being kept at Ashley's.

Even if in a few years of constant testing of every snake in Ashley's collection and every snake in Elizabeth's collection, based on all the things that have come to light in this thread, I would NEVER advise ANYONE to purchase a snake from Ashley.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #923
KelliH
It was just a hypothetical question, Jen. Seeing you around again made me think of it, that's all, since there are a couple of similarities.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #924
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
It was just a hypothetical question, Jen. Seeing you around again made me think of it, that's all, since there are a couple of similarities.
Actually there are no similarities other than ending up with some sick snakes. I did not sell any, none left my posession. I wanted to at first, based on the advice of my vet that the babies were fine, but pulled them once others recommended it was not safe. I then euthanized everything in my collection, including my pets. I have not had anything for 2 years. Ashley is refusing to admit there is a problem, continuing to buy and sell animals, and continuing to keep and breed despite KNOWN VIRUSES residing in her collection.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #925
Elizabethlea27
And Ashley may never post real test results - and if she posts it may be some sort of stupid statement that everyone is negative.. well... my snakes are here and I will be testing them. For a long time. So there is that accountability at least.

I agree with everyone else though - if she were to verifiably euthanize every snake in her collection (which she can't because we can't know how many she has!) and come back with a new setup in a few years, I would not trust her because her actions have shown she is not here for the animals but is constantly lying to make a buck at their expense. I would never trust her again, under any circumstances.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #926
amercnwmn
Oh..lol I missed the "hypothetical" WHOoops..

Old 01-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #927
Abish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post
I just thought I would clarify that the 200 number is NOT how many snakes I've had, ever had, sold or whatever... By that number I meant I have 25, Yvonne's 50+, Kyle's and friends that I had sold/given snakes to who I DO keep in contact with... And yes, Yvonne DID know about the BCL BEFORE she moved into my house and BEFORE she put her snakes in with mine... If you don't believe me, you can ask her yourself... She knew when the BCL passed and she saw the pathology report... I sent it to her when she was still in Dallas and she moved down here a little less than a month afterward...

But I wanted to at least clarify that number and what it meant considering that apparently got taken the wrong way...
She says she has 25 snakes. She told Dr. Jacobsen she had 30+. A few months ago, she said she had 57.
http://www.constrictors.com/forums/showthread.php?30170-Most-Snakes&p=276407&highlight=#post276407
Further indication to me that we still can't believe she's being honest about the number of deaths she's had, even if we didn't count Phoenix.

At this point, I think the only logical assumption is that Phoenix died in a way that very strongly indicated IBD. What else could she possibly be trying so desperately to hide? I'm thinking her silence on the matter should pretty much be taken as a confession that yes, she has had an IBD death in 2010 and she knew full well what she was doing selling those babies to her friends.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #928
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abish View Post
She says she has 25 snakes. She told Dr. Jacobsen she had 30+. A few months ago, she said she had 57.
http://www.constrictors.com/forums/showthread.php?30170-Most-Snakes&p=276407&highlight=#post276407
Further indication to me that we still can't believe she's being honest about the number of deaths she's had, even if we didn't count Phoenix.

At this point, I think the only logical assumption is that Phoenix died in a way that very strongly indicated IBD. What else could she possibly be trying so desperately to hide? I'm thinking her silence on the matter should pretty much be taken as a confession that yes, she has had an IBD death in 2010 and she knew full well what she was doing selling those babies to her friends.
I second this completely and would like to add that I remember Ashley stating in an RTB.net thread that she had 75 snakes - I don't remember the exact thread, I believe it was in relation to her snake room... I've looked a little but cannot find the exact quote, but I remember the dialogue between Ashley and another user who was telling her that 75 snakes is draining and eventually youthful energy would be gone.. and 23 (the number of snakes the other user had) is what they could handle at an older age. I remember that specifically being Ashley, stating she had 75 snakes.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #929
Abish
Also, I think the fact that she didn't wail all over the forums about Phoenix dying (like she did about every other tiny thing in her life) seems like another great big flashing red warning sign that even Ashley knew it was something that was in her best interest to hide (and in case you hadn't noticed, she's kinda bad at recognizing those things).

Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #930
amercnwmn
Yikes, nice find Jessica and Elizabeth.

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/cag...tml#post850470

As of October 17,2010:
Quote:
I can't wait to place another cage order I need more

and I honestly don't even know how many snakes we have in the house right now... Lemme count...............

74 snakes in the house... including babies...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd