morphs in color phase corns - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-09-2005, 02:57 AM   #1
Billybobob
morphs in color phase corns

posted this on cornsnakes.com but did not get too many replys.

would you like to see a more selective breeding program for corn phases such as okeetee, miami, and blood when people are trying to breed morphs.

exampels; lav (selectively bred to be okeetee) X okeetee = okeetee het lav(by this i mean babies that look like an okeetee: good color, pattern with thick black borders)
or a lav (selectively bred to be miami) X miami = miami het lav(by this i mean babies that look like a miami: good grey background deep red sadels

Old 04-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
sircat
yes...I think the categories should be broken down more...I like my kind of butter corn butter but there are others called butter that look very different

and I like and would like a blood that stays dark and patternless maroon/red

and want a miami with grey background...

I like diversity in my animals (breed cresteds)...didn't expect to have so many corns...I have 4 now but there are some I'd still really like to have

Old 04-09-2005, 10:02 PM   #3
Billybobob
thanks for your reply sircat. But i think that most people a misunderstanding my post i am talking about breeding th existing morphs into the different pases like miami, okeetee, and blood so that their will be better founder stock for projects such as candycanes, pewters, floresents, and crimsons. also to start new selectively bred morphs.

Old 04-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #4
sircat
I thought that's what breeders are doing...using different corns as foundations for morphs...
and about being selectively bred, I just wish some names were broken down more...my butter looks very different than others that are also called butter

sorry if I'm still not understanding

Old 04-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #5
lotsadragons
you talking about breeding various morphs to produce normals miamis and okee's?? do you think that would strenghen the bloodline?or possibly just produce diff morphs alltogether??

Old 04-12-2005, 03:51 AM   #6
Billybobob
sircat nice snake is it from "miami like parents"?

lotsadragons i think that normals are the corns that dont quite fit int the miamis or the okeetees. i dont consider okeetees and miamis normals. but as to your question no i dont think that this will strengthen bloodlines or produce new morphs i just thought that this would help add founding stock to existing selectivly bred morps such as silver queen ghost, candycane, floresents,
crimsons, sunglow, and any of the other selectivly bred morps that i did not metion. i also thik that i could help with bringing about ne selectivly bred morphs. i started this post to see if ther would be a demand for this kind of project because i was going to start breeding agin. (i use to breed corns when i was 16 years old had about 300 babies a year but stoped because i had alot going on in my life my last year in high school)

Old 04-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
lotsadragons
oh man i think everybody would like to see diferent morphs, if you could alter colors by selectivley breeding and make diff colors on existing morphs or came up with new ones all together that would be great, i know if you had a corn with colors ive never seen before, id want it LOL!!!! but my answer would be definatlery yes, and i wish you the best of luck with it, do you have any breeders picked out for this project yet?or is there even a project underway yet. anyways man let me know im interested to see how it goes.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
Miamis and Okeetees ARE normals genetically. Just as CandyCanes and Floresecents ARE normal amels. They are just selectively bred over many, many generations to have a certain look.

I'd love to see "Okeeteeish" Anery and Lav. Possibly in a few years I'd be interested in purseing selective breeding to create something along those lines...but it would take 9-12 years to get what I'd be looking for.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #9
Billybobob
Quote:
Miamis and Okeetees ARE normals genetically. Just as CandyCanes and Floresecents ARE normal amels. They are just selectively bred over many, many generations to have a certain look.
blckkat i know that miamis and okeetees are geneticaly normal but i dont cosider them the regular old normals.and i know that candy canes and floresents are selectively bred. As you can see:

Quote:
lotsadragons i think that normals are the corns that dont quite fit int the miamis or the okeetees. i dont consider okeetees and miamis normals. but as to your question no i dont think that this will strengthen bloodlines or produce new morphs i just thought that this would help add founding stock to existing selectivly bred morps such as silver queen ghost, candycane, floresents, crimsons, sunglow, and any of the other selectivly bred morps that i did not metion. i also thik that i could help with bringing about ne selectivly bred morphs. i started this post to see if ther would be a demand for this kind of project because i was going to start breeding agin. (i use to breed corns when i was 16 years old had about 300 babies a year but stoped because i had alot going on in my life my last year in high school)
but as to lotsadragons post this will not make new morphs or colors but take existing morphs and refine there colors

Old 04-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #10
sircat
thanks billy...I don't know...just know it's originally from kathy love

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!