texas rat snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-27-2005, 01:09 AM   #1
freedom
texas rat snake

i was wondering how hard texas rat snakes are to care for?ive had my corn for awhile now and just recently my local pet store got a beautifull leucistic(sp?) texas rat snake and was wondering if they are hard to care for or not?i dont mind if they are nippy cuz if im going to work with reptiles i think i need to get used to being bitten and also does anyone know any good care sheets for them?

thanks in advance!

Old 06-27-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
Karen Hulvey
The Texas ratsnake is no harder to care for than your cornsnake which is a ratsnake too. I think the leucistic Texas rats are very beautiful animals and I haven't noticed them to be any more nippy than some corns and certainly in no way more nippy than kings. They like to eat and will mistake fingers for tasty morsels. hehehe

I don't know of any caresheets for the Texas rat, maybe try Google search for one.

Good luck w/him if you decide to buy it. How about some pics too?

Old 06-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #3
DAND
You could follow the same husbandry procedures used with corns. There are many care sheets out about corns or you could check out one of Kathy Love's books. You could go to:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php?

There is a husbandry section there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!