S&S Exotic Animals, Inc. in Texas (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 AM   #1
DavidY
Question S&S Exotic Animals, Inc. in Texas (Inquiry)

Has anyone bought from these guys before? I'm interested in one of their reptiles specifically. Thanks!

Old 12-04-2006, 02:02 AM   #2
ravensgait
I did business with them a number of times when I was in Texas, I'd feel safe buying from them online..Randy

Old 12-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
DavidY
Thanks!

Old 12-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Jungle Gems
I visited their store in person nearly two years ago and my husband and I were appalled at the overall state of the place. Dirty cages, animals in rough shape, reptiles in unsuitable environments, feeder rodents in the bathroom, etc. Overall, just dirty. Wouldn't give them a dime of my business if things are as they were upon our visit there. Whether they remain that way now, I cannot say and only hope they've improved.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #5
lanceheads
Jennifer,

Two years ago is a long time. What the situation was then MAY not be now. That was in the past and that was your opinion.

So why the negative post?

Your quote:

"Whether they remain that way now, I cannot say and only hope they've improved."

So,,,, why say anything at all? Especially negative?

They might have cleaned up their act for all you know.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
Jungle Gems
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
Jennifer,

Two years ago is a long time. What the situation was then MAY not be now. That was in the past and that was your opinion.

So why the negative post?

Your quote:

"Whether they remain that way now, I cannot say and only hope they've improved."

So,,,, why say anything at all? Especially negative?

They might have cleaned up their act for all you know.
Exactly what I reiterated in my first post. If it had been a "Bad Guy" post, I would have stated, "This is accurate and up to date" rather than, "This is what I saw on a past venture in the mentioned timeline". It is up to the buyer whether or not the party in question wants to proceed or not based on all information given. There are many people on this board with questionable pasts that may not have committed any trespasses in recent times but that certainly does not mean they will receive the business of most people here at present or in the future. All opinions are relevant and I was truthful in my experience.

I will not even respond to the phrase, "That was your opinion," as to do so would be almost laughable.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
scotty77327
Hi David,
I would do business with them i buy my feeders from them just bought a breeding pair of Venezuelan boas , a bearded dragon , and going to pickup a derails Saturday .
Suzette is a great person to deal with IMO.
Scott spellman

Old 12-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #8
LadyViper
I go to S & S from time to time, for selection I rate it a 10, for proper care of reptiles I rate it a 5, for service I rate it a 3, I have heard many people in Houston complain about buying snakes with mites, I have seen them myself, place hundreds of baby ball pythons in tanks so they had no space but to crawl but in a pile. I had seen some well kept exotics and birds. I purchased a Burmese from them and I also suspect it bought a case of mites into my home. It's a great place to buy sugargliders and supplies and parrot cages, great prices! I have found better pet shops for reptiles. I go directly to breeders and rescues know.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 AM   #9
Rapture
When I didn't know any better I felt comfortable buying snakes from them... Unfortunately, out of the last 4 snakes I aquired from this source, two have perished and another two are currently being treated. Many snakes in the store have mites and are not fed regularly. I have most recently noticed what seems to be multiple cases of respritory infections in many of the snakes. Most enclosures do not have proper heating elements. Low prices, but you get what you pay for.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:47 PM   #10
RCampbell
The array of animals available through S&S is accomplished bu offering quite a bit of nice import animals....most of which have not been quarantined, etc....which is aside from their lack of space the reason mites, and other issues exist.
If you are an experienced keepr who has the ability to quarantine new aquisitions then I would not hesitate in purchasing reptiles from Suzzette; they also have a multitude of captive born animals in the offering (but these are housed with the imports so I wouold still highly recommend quarantine especially if you have an established collection). In dealings with them in the past they were always up front an honest about captive vs. import status. I have not personally done any business with them involving their birds or mammals, but know people who have...and their reactions have ranged from ecstatic to simply satisfied.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!