Thinking of trading or selling my boa..Questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
cornchips
Thinking of trading or selling my boa..Questions

I keep going back and forth and cant make a decision.The reasons are 1. Im tired of hearing my husband complain about her, saying stuff like she is going to strangle our 5yo etc(please keep in mind he has NEVER complained about any of my pets till now)..2. Since Ive gotten my ferrets she has become a little less reliable.She has never ever tried to bite me or anyone but if the ferrets are around she will strike the glass in her cage.Makes me nervous what if 5yo smells like ferrets one day when shes out..I will never hear the end of it if she injures him in anyway, plus I will feel like dirt for letting it happen...I feel like Im betraying her by letting her go.But then I think how stress free I will be if I do..What would you do?

BTW she is a late 04 and around 6ft so she is a big girl already so Im thinking she might easily hit 10ft later on.. .

Old 02-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
why not get rid of the ferrets? they are much easier to find a home for than a large snake. :P

Old 02-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
Cat_72
If you honestly have trust issues with her......it's probably going to be more fair to HER to find her a good home. I think the concern about the ferrets is a legitimate one, and you aren't letting her down in any way if you can find her a home where she will be cared for and fully appreciated...you would be doing her a favor. And believe me....I know what the "nagging hubby" is like, lol. Down the road, when you both feel more comfortable with a large snake around your child, you can always give it another try.

All JMHO. Not an easy decision, but I think you can find in your heart what the right decision will be.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #4
cornchips
I would get rid of the ferrets, they are very time consuming, but..One is sickly and has to have special care and I couldnt make him go through the stress of a new home.Plus a close friend bought me a 250+dollar cage for them and now I feel obligated to keep them no matter what or it would be like slapping her in the face.
I have gotten myself into a dilemma..The funny thing is that my hubby bought me the boa when it was just a wee lass of 27 inches.So technically its his fault right.!

The only other option that I can come up with is to get my attic finished (which is huge and partially finished) and find some way to cool it down in summer so its not 90degrees plus up there.Then I could put all my reptiles up there and it could be my little piece of the world all my own..

Old 02-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
Vinny D
All it really comes down to is would you rather have the boa or the ferrets? A snake is much easier to care for, and they dont stink like ferrets lol. If i was in your situtation i would let the ferrets go before the boa. But thats me. The snake will stay with your family for many years just rember that. I hope this information makes your decision a little easier.

Vinny

Old 02-15-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
Cat_72
Would getting rid of the ferrets completely resolve your (and your husband's) trust issues with her?

I've just seen too many folks that have some "trust issues" with their large snakes, so they handle them less.....then the snake gets a little less tame, so they handle them even less...and it's a big vicious circle.

I like my snakes better than I would ferrets too, lol......

Old 02-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #7
cornchips
Well it happened again.This time she struck the glass when my hubby walked by.He is not happy.I told him that I had just put the ferrets up( I didnt tell him that they hadnt been in her room though)..So I am putting her up for adoption or trade.I am doing it at a local petstore so I dont have to ship, cause I have no idea how to ship a 10lb snake..I know she is a good girl, she has never even tried to strike at anyone ever when out and about.Ive always used a metal hook to touch her once the cage is opened to let her know its me and not food and she is perfect then too..She will make someone without ferrets a good pet.She ignores the cats and dogs when she is out too so its onlly the ferrets that are causing the problem...I hope she goes to a good home..

Old 02-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #8
Metachrosis
Got any pics of this animal ?

M/

Old 02-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #9
Cat_72
I'm so sorry to hear that your decision was made in that manner.....I truly wish you find a good home for her.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #10
Melinda
what kind of boa?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!