Bad Guy Underground Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
garsik
Underground Reptiles

I brought a Moroccan cobra to Underground Reptiles in response to their message that they would look at it and make an offer. I never heard back but saw it for sale online for $350. I contacted them and was made an offer which I found too low and said the animal would be picked up. Within a week and with no further communication the animal was sold. I received no compensation.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:11 PM   #2
Lucille
James can you please post screen shots any emails/messages? When did this take place? I have notified them of this thread.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
BobO'Booey
If that is what happened that's awful, but personally I would never leave an animal with someone or enter into an agreement that is not fully agreed upon, with that being said you deserve to have your animal back and at least there is small claims court but I don't know what you show for damages because you didn't have an agreed-upon price when you left it

Old 04-21-2018, 10:32 PM   #4
bcr229
How long ago did this happen?

Old 04-22-2018, 02:06 AM   #5
snakesareawesome
Why would you leave an animal with someone with no agreement regarding the compensation parameters and with a company with such an awful reputation.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:07 AM   #6
snakesareawesome
A couple of years ago they were implicated in spreading a deadly fungal infection and in fact they still carrying wild caught North American snakes which means their facility is likely to be infested with it again at any time. Personally, I wouldn't want the snake back once it had been through those doors!

Old 04-22-2018, 06:51 AM   #7
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesareawesome View Post
Why would you leave an animal with someone with no agreement regarding the compensation parameters and with a company with such an awful reputation.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly ....

Old 04-22-2018, 08:05 AM   #8
Snake-Queen
I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Did you receive your snake back?

Old 04-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #9
Will0W783
Melissa, what I gather from the OP's post is that Underground Reptiles had posted an ad that they were looking for new stock, and people could bring them animals and they would make an offer.

The OP brought a Moroccan cobra to Underground, and left it there to get an offer. Instead, the animal was sold without being paid for, and the OP never received compensation for the animal.

Is this correct, garsik?

My questions are:

1. Were you told to leave the animal with Underground Reptiles pending an offer?

2. Why did you wait so long to bring this to the BOI? With several years having gone by, it may be difficult to recoup any expenses now.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
2. Why did you wait so long to bring this to the BOI? With several years having gone by, it may be difficult to recoup any expenses now.
Where did you see when this happened, is the OP posting elsewhere?
OP, please bring emails and screenshots here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!