Warning points - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
Agentspades
Warning points

Ok I dont understand this forum, why did I get warning points, when I didnt use any curse words, I didnt put anyone down, I didnt make fun of anyone. All I did was inform and give an opinion. Is this forum that sensitive? I think its kinda ridiculous and funny.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
hhmoore
Marina,
Since the post seems to have been deleted, & the comment on your warning refers to arguing in a classified ad, could you say who's ad it was - actually, please PM me with that info, and describe your post. Also, was yours the first such comment, or were you discussing/arguing things with somebody? Was that person the poster of the ad?

Old 06-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Let me answer this for you Marina. You and Jexx (Lindsay) were very rude to the person that posted a for sale ad and you two were asked to move your discussion to the discussion forum 3 or 4 times and choose to disregard the moderators requests. we dont allow someone to be attacked on a for sale ad. plain and simple, bad behavior is just not acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentspades
Ok I dont understand this forum, why did I get warning points, when I didnt use any curse words, I didnt put anyone down, I didnt make fun of anyone. All I did was inform and give an opinion. Is this forum that sensitive? I think its kinda ridiculous and funny.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
monkeywrench133
Marina, You should PM Ed Clark, since he is the one who gave you the warning points.

I will say this, since the ad has been deleted, although my memory of it is sketchy, I do agree with the points that Ed gave you. Your comments were not appropriate for a sale ad. An open forum discussion would have been a different story. I also remember the OP asking you to stop making comments in his sale ad, twice I believe, a request that you chose to ignore.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
monkeywrench133
Well, apparently Ed and I were typing at the same time.

But you now have your answer.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
Seamus Haley
Out of curiosity...

When a thread is deleted, like the threads created in the classifieds sections, is it completely and truly deleted... or is a copy kept around someplace where someone with a sufficient level of control could take a look at it even after it's been removed?

It's a curiosity born here in this thread since we have someone complaining that their warning points weren't justified... in a shiny public thread... but the link in their warning sheet is dead. Doesn't seem to be an isolated incident either, I started clicking other people's points and browsing around and there are other dead end links listed as well. So I'm just curious as to if it's something where no determination can be made or if it's something that could potentially be reopened for review. By the appropriately interested parties of course.

As it is, you've got a guy who has eight infractions for "Warning System Abuse" who's given out points that the pointee is claiming they didn't deserve and the whole thing has dissapeared.

Who's ad was it? What was the nature of the discussion? When was the ad created? When was it deleted? Why was it deleted? Did the discussion portion wander into territory where it needed to be redirected or was it an abrupt attack? Were there really warnings from mods to take it elsewhere? Was it three or was it four? Were the "attacks" really attacks or were they, for example, someone pointing out a mislabeled animal so that buyers wouldn't be defrauded? And, as unfortunate as it is that things need to be thought of this way... Was Ed involved in the argument and he just decided to use the point system as a weapon... again... or did this person actually deserve what they got?

Old 06-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Something else I would like to add, Marina had every opportunity to leave without a warning point and choose to continue her.......discussion.

Rozann, myself, and Griz suggested she continue on the discussion forum and then Ken came in and cleaned it up. she had a chance to leave and choose not to.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Out of curiosity...

When a thread is deleted, like the threads created in the classifieds sections, is it completely and truly deleted... or is a copy kept around someplace where someone with a sufficient level of control could take a look at it even after it's been removed?
It is generally "soft deleted" meaning anyone with moderator privileges in that forum can view it and un-delete it. All of the posts can be retrieved by Rich and the supermods.

From the sound of it, the OP got away with a two point warning when it might have been a five pointer for "attack on a member outside of the BOI".

Old 06-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #9
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
It is generally "soft deleted" meaning anyone with moderator privileges in that forum can view it and un-delete it. All of the posts can be retrieved by Rich and the supermods.

From the sound of it, the OP got away with a two point warning when it might have been a five pointer for "attack on a member outside of the BOI".

Good deal. I am glad to know that at least the potential for accountability exists. The potential for abuse almost always goes up if there's holes where something can be hidden.

I'm also fairly happy to say that the suspicions which were raised when I wrote that post (immediately after Ed's first reply in post #3) were unfounded. It's just a way of telling me that B.F. is eternally right and that the wires seem to be firmly in place, keeping the rat from behaving in a way it's not supposed to.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #10
Stardust
It was an ad in the mammal section for Bull Mastiff pups. The thread was getting out of hand with people bickering back and forth.
I went in there and made two suggestions, 1. was to take the discussion to the mammal discussion section and 2. I let the starter of the thread know that they can lock (close) their threads.
My suggestions were ignored by the arguers and I got a PM from the ad starter saying thank you and basically they didn't know they can close the thread until I posted and that they were going to delete it and start another.
I saw I was being ignored and that Ed who also posted after me was also being ignored so I PM'ed Rich to see if I can close it myself as I didn't want to do anything against the rules. This was yesterday that I PMed Rich, he was not on, I saw later that the arguing still continued on this ad and that Ken came on and more bluntly told them to stop and take it to the proper place or they will get warned.
Whether they stopped or not today I do not know as I have been out. I am thinking that the originator of the ad did delete it only because they told me in a PM that they were going to.
Up until last night when Ken posted our warnings and suggestions were ignored.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!