Firefox Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Firefox Question

Does anybody know where firefox stores Bookmarks created, and where the password keeper is stored? Looking for the path to the actual file, and maybe if you know the file extention, that would be awesome too.

Explanation...Sunday night, just like every other Sunday night for the past couple years, I ran Norton, Spybot, Adaware, and AML registry scrubber. Monday morning, no problems found by norton, the others found their usual stuff and deleted them, and so I finished up and restarted.

Well, somehow a file RoxWatchTray9.exe caused a runtime error causing programs to terminate in an unusual manner. It left me with no windows services at all, no print, no copy or paste, no LAN, no system restore, or norton, or other programs, just would not launch. Sorta like safe mode or something, but msconfig said otherwise. Disabling all roxio products from start up and services didn't help at all.

Played around for a good 3 hours, and ultimately installed windows to another drive, and booted from it. I'm able to view all the files on the other drive now, and want all my years of saved stuff back. I already managed to copy over a bunch of stuff, but I can't find where firefox keeps it's bookmarks, or the password keeper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rick

Old 06-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
To solve all of your problems, throw the Microsoft piece of garbage where it belongs (the trash) and get a Mac. You won't need four different types of anti-virus software ever again.

Sorry I can't be of much real help, but maybe try the FireFox support forums?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Macs can have plenty of problems, and can have issues with viruses as well.

PC's DO NOT need four AV's running, in fact... i have one, and have had one running for the past three maybe four years.
Its all a matter of HOW you use the computer. and how well you know WHAT to click on and download, and what sites are okay to visit.

Anyway rick...

http://ask.metafilter.com/71529/How-...old-hard-drive

You could try that

Old 06-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Did you try running the other drive in safe mode, and just deleting that program using the Roxwatch file? Looks like its just another application that you dont need running, and if its causing you issues... id be removing that in a heartbeat!

http://www.glaryutilities.com/startu...Tray9.exe.html

Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Also....*sorry for multiple posts....* If you know a good tech person.... If you are having issues removing that stupid roxio software, and cant remove it even in safe mode, id try Bart PE. ( Recommend this only for someone who knows what they are doing!)

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Old 06-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Macs have very, very few problems and the likeliness of acquiring a virus is slim to none. That is not to say that it can't happen, but it is highly unlikely. Most viruses do not effect Macs because they are not targeted for Macs. That is neither hear nor there, and obviously the "hah hah" part of my post was completely missed.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Read it again! I do NOT have a Virus. I do not have 3 forms of virus protection either. I have only Norton Internet security 2009 as a virus protection. It finds adware and spyware also, but evidently, it misses some stuff, that Spybot finds and removes. And on that same note, Adaware finds things Spybot and Norton both missed. This is why I run the three together.

Anyway, Roxio lost a file, or couldn't launch a file, or it became corrupt in some way. This is all that happened. But it caused a runtime error, and a lot of other problems with the windows services. It's not a virus, it's not adware, it's not spyware. It's something that can happen to any program installed on any machine.

I just happen to be lucky like that, and it's happened to me twice now with two different programs. Last time I just started from scratch. I don't want to go through all that crap again, so if I can find and copy the files that I know are on that other drive, my problem will be solved.

Anyway, I'll check out the links provided above, and if it comes down to it, I'll try Mozilla support. Trying to avoid them though, as support always seems to drag and drag before you get what you're looking for. I was hoping that maybe someone would know, and just provide a path, or folder to look in for the info I need moved over.

Thanks for the replies so far.
Rick

Old 06-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
I never said you had a virus. I said you wouldn't have to run all that nonsense if you had a different operating system (jokingly I might add). No sense of humor any longer?

As far as the Support Forum, I would have ran some thorough searches before bothering posting there as well. If you've done the searches to no avail, that's really odd. I would think that would be a fairly normal question to ask (maybe not the passwords, but the bookmarks). I know in Mac FF I can export my Bookmarks and import into another computer's FF. Does the Microsoft version allow you to do this?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
Uroboros
I think I found mine, or at least part.

Mine was found in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zdw5da2n.default

I'm sure you can figure out which elements to change to be applicable for you.

GL

Old 06-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I never said you had a virus. I said you wouldn't have to run all that nonsense if you had a different operating system (jokingly I might add). No sense of humor any longer?

As far as the Support Forum, I would have ran some thorough searches before bothering posting there as well. If you've done the searches to no avail, that's really odd. I would think that would be a fairly normal question to ask (maybe not the passwords, but the bookmarks). I know in Mac FF I can export my Bookmarks and import into another computer's FF. Does the Microsoft version allow you to do this?
Apparently, not lately. Got way too much going on at work to have to deal with this right now. Sorry if I came off a little harsh.

Anyway, your link guided me to what I needed, I now have my bookmarks back. Now to find that hidden password info. I played hell logging into Godaddy to renew my domain. LOL

Thanks again. I'm off to find my passwords now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!