Not good in Wisconsin - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #41
kmarsh
Things like this is what will hang the rest of us, if we are not careful and deligent in what we do. There are no words to say the pictures say it all. ....
I wish I could understand......

Old 06-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #42
joepythons
Now those pics are enough to p me off .

Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #43
WingedWolf
I guess you never know, do you? That's beyond what I would have imagined.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #44
Dawn Zimmerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Okay, for awhile I have tried to stay out of this thread due to some horrible accusations as well as some other reasons.

I want to comment on the "rape" issue.

Coming from my own personal experience, most people dont report rape right after it happens. It takes more than you can even imagine believing that YOU didnt do something to bring it on. TRUST ME, I know.

As a kid, I was mollested, "raped", by a so-called family friend. The only reason it was NOT considered rape was because it started before I was 12 yrs old. It went on for THREE years before anyone knew anything about it. NO ONE suspected a thing.

You say that you would know but honestly, how could you unless they straight up tell you. You think you have MORE of a connection with a girlfriend, or boyfriend, than a parent? I am not belittling how you feel about the case whatsoever.

Unfortunately, there seems to be more than one victim in this situation. And, I dont necessarily mean the accuser themself. For one, the dogs. Two, the reptiles. Three, the mammals. Sure, Mr Cullen will have his day in court and he will be able to face his accuser, however, the animals will never be able to cross-examine Mr Cullen.

I am not saying that Mr Cullen is not innocent. In my eyes, a jury of his peers will hopefully make the right decisions throughout his case. He is also presumed innocent until proven guilty. But please, just because you may (or may not) know him, lets not judge hastily on him or the accuser.

Sorry if I got a little too personal as I dont talk about my life very much. I just hate seeing when someone cries rape, they become the accused. Happened to me as my parents friends took the side of the predator in my case EVEN AFTER he did it to five other boys just because he was a supposed "pillar of the community".
Thanks for being upfront about something that is SO important! I am so sorry you went through that, Dean!

Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #45
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Zimmerman View Post
Thanks for being upfront about something that is SO important! I am so sorry you went through that, Dean!
No need to be Dawn It may have killed the child I was but, it created the man that I am. The only reason I even went into that detail is just to point out that people do not always tell, if they even tell at all, upfront. It took years for me to even discuss it, let alone come forward with the accusation.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #46
Dawn Zimmerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
No need to be Dawn It may have killed the child I was but, it created the man that I am. The only reason I even went into that detail is just to point out that people do not always tell, if they even tell at all, upfront. It took years for me to even discuss it, let alone come forward with the accusation.
I am not sorry for the man that you are, I am sorry for the child that died while enduring that. I'm very glad that you have found peace with all that.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #47
Dawn Zimmerman
Wow, those pictures... Now I am really emotional... I hate to see any animal treated that way! Looking at that poor dead and rotting snake... oh my.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #48
MiIguanaLvr
I was trying to remain neutral until I saw these photos. The conditions those animals were in is way beyond what I would have imagined. This thread has not had a lot of attention yet, but I hope everyone on here sees this so that no matter what, they never give this man animals again.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #49
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
I was trying to remain neutral until I saw these photos. The conditions those animals were in is way beyond what I would have imagined. This thread has not had a lot of attention yet, but I hope everyone on here sees this so that no matter what, they never give this man animals again.
Beth, I am sure once everything is said and done, if Mr Cullen is guilty he will never touch another species again. However, if he is found innocent, I think he should be entitled to once again enjoy this hobby as much as we all do.

The photos were horrible and I feel for the animals in question. Being that we dont know where the photos originated from, I would hold off on any judgement until the case goes through the court system. Thats just me though.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #50
dzoo
some more pics -
http://www.wisn.com/slideshow/slides...17/detail.html

They mentioned that he has property in Florida, I wonder if anyone has checked it out too?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!